Aye, The White Album is probably my favourite Beatles album so I'm pretty excited about this.

I think I'll be getting the 3CD edition rather than the 7 disc box set, £120 is a bit out of my price range when I'm constantly buying other music, I'd love to hear it all at some point though.

Here's a picture of Ringo playing two bass drums from the album sessions...

ringo_bb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Any of you fellas done any Beatles tour in town? Might be up for that next time I’m over.

7 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Any of you fellas done any Beatles tour in town? Might be up for that next time I’m over.

Never done it mate but there is always a turn on down mathew st most nights. Popped in the cavern club a few months back on like a wed night and some young lad was up doing Beatles songs. It was packed and he was boss. If i'm about i'll have a pint with you. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Never done it mate but there is always a turn on down mathew st most nights. Popped in the cavern club a few months back on like a wed night and some young lad was up doing Beatles songs. It was packed and he was boss. If i'm about i'll have a pint with you. 

Sounds great, heading up in a couple of weeks with two mates... will give a shout closer to the date.

• Upvote 1

I've got the 1968 stereo version I bought at the time, I've also got another copy as part of the mono box set on vinyl. I have ordered the 3 disc CD, I'd love the 4 disc vinyl but I can't justify £88 on an album I've already got two copies of, maybe for Christmas.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

Definitely do the museum too, it's magic.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I’ve done the museum. It was brilliant. I’m thinking more of the tour.. where they show like their homes, penny lane, etc.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Yeah I’ve done the museum. It was brilliant. I’m thinking more of the tour.. where they show like their homes, penny lane, etc.

Fucking hell mate we can just get a daysaver and do a bus/pub tour then haha

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Rehearsing in their hotel before appearing on The Ed Sullivan show, 1964.

A24AD37D-1CEC-4981-A880-6EA6253C1EAB.jpeg

John & Paul agreeing not to tell George he's forgotten his kecks.

• Upvote 1

The White Album is about a 70% brilliant album, way too much filler on it though. 

Give me Revolver (minus Yellow Submarine) or Sgt Pepper's (Minus When i'm 64) any day. In fact, there is at least one absolute clunker on all of their albums isn't there?  

33 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

The White Album is about a 70% brilliant album, way too much filler on it though. 

Give me Revolver (minus Yellow Submarine) or Sgt Pepper's (Minus When i'm 64) any day. In fact, there is at least one absolute clunker on all of their albums isn't there?  

Abbey Road. Fucking boss.

• Upvote 1