You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 hour ago, the chimp said:

To be honest, that was the vibe I got too. He was going through a breakup with his Mrs at the time which probably contributed to his moods along with being frustrated creatively. You'll love the rooftop parts mate. They're funny as fuck at times too.

So was Clapton banging his Mrs by then? If so, makes Lennon's comments funnier!

6 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

So was Clapton banging his Mrs by then? If so, makes Lennon's comments funnier!

Not at that point he wasn’t I don’t, pretty sure Clapton was with some aristocratic families daughter, who ended up overdosing through injection heroin (I believe) in his gaff. 

• Upvote 1

Love the look on Paul's little girls face when Yoko started her screeching

And when john and Paul started dancing.

The bond between them is plain for all to see and it nails the myth that they were constantly at each others throats. 

Also loved Ringo getting the idea for the octopus song 

I commented on this in the Last TV show you watched thread,not here. I thought it started slow but the move to the studio changed everything for the better. The rooftop performance was superb and Billy Preston was a great addition to the team. The dynamic was pretty interesting too. McCartney had most of the ideas but Lennon pushed him with his own. George got pissed off because he felt unheard and Ringo seemed just glad to be there and enjoyed it all. I also think there was an underlying feeling that Lennon and Harrison were bored of it and wanted to do their own stuff because McCartney was the leader. 

Great stuff though.

I've just finished this now, having held back to rooftop for when I knew I wouldn't be disturbed. Fucking amazing. I will certainly watch this again and again. 

But it has to be said, even in 1969, the police were utter fucking bellends. The look of utter contempt from one of those PCs when he was on the roof watching the Beatles, I wanted to punch the cunt in the face! Got to laugh at macca though once he realised they were getting shutdown, gives them no time to interrupt and off he goes on the next one. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I've just finished this now, having held back to rooftop for when I knew I wouldn't be disturbed. Fucking amazing. I will certainly watch this again and again. 

But it has to be said, even in 1969, the police were utter fucking bellends. The look of utter contempt from one of those PCs when he was on the roof watching the Beatles, I wanted to punch the cunt in the face! Got to laugh at macca though once he realised they were getting shutdown, gives them no time to interrupt and off he goes on the next one. 

And pissing himself laughing while he does it, too.  

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Ringo is such a good drummer, must piss him off no end that he’s seen as a bit of a joke. One man who has not been paid his dues.

This is just my opinion and purely based on his demeanor but I genuinely don't think he gives a fuck. The people who know, know. Everyone else is talking shite.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Just watched the rooftop again. How great are the interviews they do of the people on the street? 

Most of them were boss...I liked the old cockney fella who was raving about them

See that fella at the end who.was from over the road?can you tell those people to stop.

3 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Most of them were boss...I liked the old cockney fella who was raving about them

See that fella at the end who.was from over the road?can you tell those people to stop.

Yeah, even all that made me laugh. And you've got the Beatles looking like they do, giving us an idea of what 1969 looked like (I was born in 70), but the reality of that part of the world made it look like half the world dresses like Mr Mainwaring! It was just all brilliant. Lindsey Hogg gets some shit, but what he filmed gave us this amazing 8 hours that wasn't just watching them play and write music. The camera positions for the rooftop (including the hidden one) and the flower pot secret mic are genuine highlights of the whole thing. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mook said:

This is just my opinion and purely based on his demeanor but I genuinely don't think he gives a fuck. The people who know, know. Everyone else is talking shite.

Funny you should say that I remember years ago he was asked pretty much the same question in (I think) Q magazine, I don’t know if you remember that cash for questions thing they used to do, anyway he replied (and this is pretty accurate if memory serves) “Who I am I underrated by? Not anybody I love or care about” so yeah I think you’re right. Spot on actually 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yeah, even all that made me laugh. And you've got the Beatles looking like they do, giving us an idea of what 1969 looked like (I was born in 70), but the reality of that part of the world made it look like half the world dresses like Mr Mainwaring! It was just all brilliant. Lindsey Hogg gets some shit, but what he filmed gave us this amazing 8 hours that wasn't just watching them play and write music. The camera positions for the rooftop (including the hidden one) and the flower pot secret mic are genuine highlights of the whole thing. 

Spot on about Lndsey Hogg: made a really exhaustive, well shot document, but was just a shit editor. He'd captured a pulsating, insightful and mostly joyous process and, incredibly, reduced it to the sombre, practically lifeless experience that was 'Let It Be'. Yet he should be credited with catching the images and we should thank him for that.