You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 hour ago, Total Longo said:

The sound quality is ridiculously good, particularly on tracks such as "Let It Be" itself (check out the maracas in the final verse).

It's a shame the album as a whole is a bit of a mixed bag. Two of Us, Across the Universe, For You Blue, Let it Be and Get Back are all superb. The rest is scaping just above average at best, by their ridiculously high standards anyway.  

I just hope we don't have to wait until 2026 for a Revolver Super Deluxe. 

You've missed my two favourite songs from the album there. Dig A Pony & I've Got A Feeling.

Enjoyed listening to the Glyn Johns mix but can see why it was scrapped. Will have another listen this afternoon.

2 hours ago, Mook said:

You've missed my two favourite songs from the album there. Dig A Pony & I've Got A Feeling.

Enjoyed listening to the Glyn Johns mix but can see why it was scrapped. Will have another listen this afternoon.

I should have included I've Got a Feeling, to be fair, a bad oversight on my part. Dig a Pony was never one of Lennon's finest hours though. Likewise I, Me, Mine and Harrison. It feels like an album of off cuts and discarded demos that have been a bit beefed up. Similar concept to The Final Cut by Pink Floyd.     

• 3 weeks later...

It's 60 years next Tuesday that Brian Epstein first set foot in the Cavern to watch the Beatles. They are doing a big day of it and my lad's playing a couple of shows as Paul McCartney in his Beatles Tribute band. I find this all a bit mental as he's only 14 but idolises a band that were going before I was born, but then I listen to the music and realise why. What a fucking band!

• Upvote 8

9 minutes ago, Magellan06 said:

I don't understand why McCartney rubbished the Phil Spector version, made Let it Be Naked and then used the Spector version for this?

I don't think McCartney had final say on this newest release.

Plus, it's a remastered/mixed version of the original Let It Be. Not a 're-imagining' as Naked was.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got three months free Disney+ from O2 which is handy with that Peter Jackson Beatles documentary coming out next week. If you’re on O2 try texting DISNEY3 to 21500 to see if you can get it.

Details on Hot UK Deals here - https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/disney-plus-free-for-3-months-on-o2-text-disney3-to-21500-account-specific-3827051?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=position_7_textlink&utm_campaign=2021-11-18

• Upvote 1