You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

7 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I’m happy with it, can watch it at home in 4K on my new telly and easier to digest in three episodes of two hours each rather than as a big five and a half hour film. 

Have you not got a fire stick or a smart TV? You can download the Disney app on either of them. 

I've got a smart tv that won't download Apps & no Firestick.

I'll probably just skip this until it comes out on blu ray now.

Just now, Mook said:

You might just have to do a software update on your telly to download them. 

You can get a fire stick for £30 or they’re £20 when they have sales on. Be cheaper than the blu ray and you can also stick the kids in front of the Disney plus app whenever they pester you. Works for me. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

You might just have to do a software update on your telly to download them. 

You can get a fire stick for £30 or they’re £20 when they have sales on. Be cheaper than the blu ray and you can also stick the kids in front of the Disney plus app whenever they pester you. Works for me. 

Once I've got over being a stubborn cunt, I'll get a Firestick.

I've actually got Disney+ free for a year with my O2 contract but have never used it because the only place I can watch it is on my phone.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mook said:

I've actually got Disney+ free for a year with my O2 contract but have never used it because the only place I can watch it is on my phone.

It’s a no brainier getting one then if you’ve got it free for a year. There’s loads of adult stuff on it now as well, I watched Commando on it yesterday. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Does the tv need to be a new smart model for a firestick to work?

The TV at my painting station at home isn't,its just a small flat HD screen. Its got hdmi slots. 

No it should work fine, it just fits into the hdmi slot. It essentially replicates the smart TV features but it’s more user friendly. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

No it should work fine, it just fits into the hdmi slot. It essentially replicates the smart TV features but it’s more user friendly. 

Excellent thanks

You can add youtube to it can't you?

Just want a way to stream some shows when im at the table and not watching my tv

4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Excellent thanks

You can add youtube to it can't you?

Just want a way to stream some shows when im at the table and not watching my tv

Yeah it’s got YouTube, Netflix, Disney Plus, Prime itself, Plex, iPlayer, Spotify etc… I’ve got a 24” TV on my daughters bedroom wall that isn’t a smart one and it works fine. 

They’re usually only £19.99 on their sale days so worth waiting if one is on next week. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mook said:

I was going to suggest casting your phone to your TV, but you might need a firestick to be able to do that...

• Upvote 1

On 17/06/2021 at 22:03, Mook said:

is there no built in apps on it already? 

I ended up downloading that disney thing through the Sky Q box and to be fair it's 4K content is better than most. 

Just now, Total Longo said:

is there no built in apps on it already? 

I ended up downloading that disney thing through the Sky Q box and to be fair it's 4K content is better than most. 

There are plenty of built in Apps but no Spotify.

I saw the Summer Of Soul film is also streaming from 30 July on Disney+ so I'm just going to bite the bullet and buy a Firestick on pay day.

20 hours ago, Mook said:

There are plenty of built in Apps but no Spotify.

I saw the Summer Of Soul film is also streaming from 30 July on Disney+ so I'm just going to bite the bullet and buy a Firestick on pay day.

You can get the 4k one half price on Amazon at the moment mate.  I use mine mainly for IPTV but its a great little device full stop.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Total Longo said:

You can get the 4k one half price on Amazon at the moment mate.  I use mine mainly for IPTV but its a great little device full stop.

Thanks, I picked one up for £19 last night so all sorted now...

Until the shouting match when I try to work it.

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

Any good?

Yeah I'd seen it before I didn't realise it was a repeat. I enjoyed it but then I'd enjoy anything with them in it. It probably be on I player tomorrow.

Just been watching this with Idris Elba McCartney is great in it, some mad stories of the lads playing America during the civil rights movement times. Brilliant.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000qptf/idris-elba-meets-paul-mccartney