You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 minute ago, Stickman said:

I’ve always loved this just a pity it got cut short ..Must have been great to have been there at the time and that old dude who climbs the ladder with the overcoat and pipe on 2.55 is great too....

Totally of its time but it isn’t dated  if that makes sense 

Aye, the boy with the pipe & the moaning auld wifie are brilliant.

The straps on the police helmets don't reach their chins as well, looks really annoying that.

I've probably seen it all before in clips but to watch the whole thing in one go is great, can't wait for the cleaned up version to come out on blu ray.

1 minute ago, Mook said:

Aye, the boy with the pipe & the moaning auld wifie are brilliant.

The straps on the police helmets don't reach their chins as well, looks really annoying that.

I've probably seen it all before in clips but to watch the whole thing in one go is great, can't wait for the cleaned up version to come out on blu ray.

The one with the tache who knocks on the Abbey Road door didn’t look the type you gave backchat to .

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Tell you what, if they'd gone back on tour then, the live album would've been killer.

Great playing there, on a rooftop, in January as well. That's without mentioning the amazing songs & two of the best voices ever recorded.

Ringo's coat is honking right enough.

They wore their missus' coats I think? Him and John and maybe George. John and George didn't want to do it and had to be persuaded not to pull out last minute. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Stickman said:

Not sure how long this will stay on YouTube for so catch it while you can....

Something was cut out at 14:30, looks like ringo was either about to light a cigarette or put something up his nose.

23 minutes ago, Mendoza said:

I'm pretty sure that was the same trip where John visited Liverpool for one of the last times (or in fact might have been the last time). Went to visit one of his aunties and cousins in Gateacre, and also went to a special school in Speke. 

Although John's got massive beard - maybe he shaved it off before he got to Scotland? 

zz150813lennon-2.jpg

zz150813lennon-5.jpg

zz150813lennon-3.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Looking at the reviews for the Mark Lewisohn book on Amazon and found one I’m almost certain was wrote by @Tony Moanero

D36B434D-6F75-4281-A0F6-46759EEF9AC0.png

Ha ha. Nah, I love books, me. I’ve read a number of Beatles and Lennon books in the past but probably haven’t done so since the early/mid 00s.

One of my more recent books, this. A Christmas present. A signed copy. Purchased from Waterstones, I believe.

0FE67BFD-1095-4983-826B-C3320138E67E.jpeg

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

Peter Jacksons documentary on the recording of let it be has been delayed till next August. Was due out last month in cinemas. 

Supposed to be loads of new footage and very different to the old documentary showing them at each others throats. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Its weird with The Beatles for me because although I've never been an aficionado of them,even though they were a legendary local band,I know most of their songs but not that many of the song names outside of their classic songs. When you grow up listening to their music in the background you just don't often appreciate their brilliance and become blase about their talent. Well,that's how I've felt they've often been portrayed locally.