You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Yellow Submarine, Act Naturally & When I'm 64 are all fucking great. The synth solo on Maxwell's Silver Hammer makes it a worthwhile song too.

Piggies is the only Beatles song I ever have to skip.

I've been listening to this underrated gem a bit recently...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

On 10/29/2018 at 7:14 PM, Tony Moanero said:

The Boogleg Beatles - Philharmonic - Sunday 9th December. Seen The Backbeat Beatles years ago and they were boss, so I’d imagine The Bootlegs would be similar.

They played my works conference last night. They are ace, I've seen them before as well

• Upvote 1

I've always loved Yellow Submarine since I was a kid, I now sing it to my kids when they're in the bath. I've never really understood what isn't to like about it. Plus it's got the whole film of Yellow Submarine that comes with it so it conjures up images of blue meanies & the cartoon Beatles.

When I'm 64 is part of the Sgt Pepper's concept. On its own, it isn't exactly ground breaking genius but it fits in well with the album & I actually find it to be a nice bit of respite from the more serious sounding tracks.

I'm not really one for picking out tracks I don't like on an album to be honest, it's important for me to be patient with the musicians & what they were doing at that point in time, especially if it's a band/artist I love.

• Upvote 4

• 1 month later...

Has anyone ever seen Let It Be the film? The only bits I've seen of it are clips on the Anthology series.

I wonder if it'll ever be re-edited. and released? Probably after Paul and Ringo have croaked it. 

It's only short but i love the rooftop concert. 

Also, is the Anthology ever going to be released on blu ray?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Has anyone ever seen Let It Be the film? The only bits I've seen of it are clips on the Anthology series.

I wonder if it'll ever be re-edited. and released? Probably after Paul and Ringo have croaked it. 

There's loads of talk on music forums about the release of the Let It Be film & the most recent news is that they think it might get a re-edit & re-release in the next couple of years. I suspect it's been held back because the surviving members & the estates of the others have issues with some of the scenes, which don't cast people in a great light. You can pick it up (unofficial) on eBay on dvd.

Not sure about Anthology to be honest, you'd think it might come out on blu ray after they've finished doing all the 50th anniversary stuff.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, johnsusername said:

I've got it.  I'd love to see all the pre-edit footage though, it must be fascinating.  It's easy to see what a pain in the arse Yoko was in the original though.  

• Upvote 3

The rooftop concert is fascinating - they hadn't played live in front of an audience for a couple of years. By all accounts George didn't want to do it and Ringo had second thoughts last minute, but Lennon dragged them out. They sound really good and pretty tight - I think (as has been mentioned loads of times before) the addition of Billy Preston helped lighten the load and add that extra sound for a live performance. 

• Upvote 1

Took the Mrs and kids to see McCartney last night down in the o2 and he was sensational. Announcing Ronnie Wood to jam with them was a nice surprise which was then blown away when Ringo came on stage after him and they smashed Get Back out the park.

Gonna admit to getting a bit emotional when seeing my kids singing their heads off all night. Reckon Id have been alright if I hadn’t drank my Mrs bottle of Prosecco once the beers ran out in the mini bar when watching the match. Couldn’t have scripted a better day yesterday if I’d have wrote it for myself. 

If you get a chance to see him then beg steal and borrow to get there. You will not regret it. 

Oh, and the O2 is brilliant inside butan absolute nightmare to get away from. Thousands left stranded as they stopped the trains early and didn’t have any replacement buses. Never go there again 

• Upvote 5

• 3 weeks later...