You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If you could give any one piece of advice

grazywalker

What's all this shite about not having kids until in your 30's ????? Kids are natures great gift and having them in your twenties means you can really enjoy them growing up with you without that huge gap that you often get between an 18 year old and a 50 year old bloke. My missus enjoys an almost sister like relationship with our daughter whilst I often play golf and watch the match with my lad. As long as you don't go overboard on the number of kids you have you will get by.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never, ever buy cheap decorating tools, particularly paint-pads from Wilkinsons, as they are sure to fall apart as you are emulsioning the bathroom ceiling, leaving the room a mess and yourself looking like some sort of inverse Papa Lazarou.

Furthermore, never stay with anyone that you don't love "for the sake of the children" - it is utterly selfish, and the pain suffered by your partner when you do finally leave (who will doubt the entire relationship if you tell them that you haven't loved them for years) is far, far worse than "coming clean" about your feelings beforehand.

Above all, be nice.

Do you know what Mongy, sometimes I wonder why you don't go the whole hog and put your internet banking details on here. ;)

I'm actually quite offended by this. So having kids is "doing nothing with your life"? Firstly, being a parent is probably the most important and fulfilling role a person could ever undertake. And secondly, your life doesn't have to stop because you've had kids. It's perfectly achievable to make something of yourself at the same time as being a parent. For some women, motherhood is their vocation. Though I don't understand this personally I wouldn't knock it. I have loads of admiration for women who are happy being housewives and mothers. Don't knock it, it's a bloody hard job.

My actual point in all of this is that enjoy your own life before you bring a new one into the world. I have no problem with kids, I just don't think they are the be all and end all of my life. That's MY life, not your's.

Almost all of my mates have children now and I can see how happy they are to have them. It's lovely to see their faces light up at the mere mention of their kids.