You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Valencia interested in Momo

zico

hahahaha!

So you think that if Sissoko was at Arsenal, he'd be getting a game ahead of Flamini? He'd be a regular?

You do know Flamini can pass straight?

There's no point arguing with you, but you will see how good Momo is when he gets a run of games with another team.

I agree to his sale, but i can't understand how people's views of him have changed so quickly. He really is great at what he does, and we'll acknowledge that at the end of the season.

There's no point arguing with you, but you will see how good Momo is when he gets a run of games with another team.

I agree to his sale, but i can't understand how people's views of him have changed so quickly. He really is great at what he does, and we'll acknowledge that at the end of the season.

I've always thought he was one of the most technically inept footballers ever to play for Liverpool. I expect more than the ability to chase players all over the pitch from a Liverpool midfielder.

Good fucking riddance.

anyone posted this yet?

SISSOKO CLOSE TO JUVE MOVE

Posted 10/01/08 12:18

EmailPrintSave

Liverpool midfielder Mohamed Sissoko has revealed he is "very close" to joining Juventus.

The 22-year-old moved to Liverpool in the summer of 2005 from Valencia and is under contract with the Merseyside club until June 2011.

But he has struggled to hold down a starting place in Rafael Benitez's team, making just nine Premier League appearances this season.

"I'm still a Liverpool player," Sissoko told Radio Montecarlo. "But I expect a big announcement in the next few days.

"My agent, Juve and Liverpool are working on my departure.

"Everyone is asking me whether I have already signed: I haven't yet but my move to Juventus is very close.

"I'm expecting the good news any moment now, but I'm enthusiastic about beginning a new adventure in Italy with the Bianconeri."

Sissoko is expected to arrive on a loan deal, with Juve being given the option to buy him at the end of the season.

The switch would see the Mali international link up with Claudio Ranieri, who he played under during his time in Spain. The Juve boss has already admitted he is keen on the midfielder.

Momo will go on loan incase we dont get Mascherano, that way he gets back to full fitness and then if we need him we call him back in the summer.

Sounds that way from what's coming out. Read somewhere yesterday that a price was being agreed, but that any move would not become permanent until the end of the season, i.e. he would technically be 'on loan' until that point, which I guess would give us the option of recalling him if other things don't work out.

Not sure if this would include an option for Juve to send him back if things don't work out there for whatever reason, but, if we can avoid that scenario, then the loan arrangement sounds sensible to me. The deal should be that he stays at Juve, subject to our agreement in the summer, not that he stays if he performs okay and avoids long-term injuries.

Sounds that way from what's coming out. Read somewhere yesterday that a price was being agreed, but that any move would not become permanent until the end of the season, i.e. he would technically be 'on loan' until that point, which I guess would give us the option of recalling him if other things don't work out.

Not sure if this would include an option for Juve to send him back if things don't work out there for whatever reason, but, if we can avoid that scenario, then the loan arrangement sounds sensible to me. The deal should be that he stays at Juve, subject to our agreement in the summer, not that he stays if he performs okay and avoids long-term injuries.

I think he will do OK in Italy. I can't say I am now sad to see him go as he just hasn't looked the same recently, but he played some stormers for us.

Momo Sissoko has not been good enough for 12 months, Javier pisses all over him in terms of ability and his all round game.

Lucas looks a much better player than Momo now

Momo Sissoko has not been good enough for 12 months, Javier pisses all over him in terms of ability and his all round game.

Lucas looks a much better player than Momo now

Momo was immense in his first season, Lucas has not impressed to that degree as yet.

I agree that Momo has been poor in the last 12 months and now is the time to sell because Mascherano is a far superior player.

Guest Romano Polizia

Think Sissoko will turn out to be a top player and we'll regret selling him. He brings so much dynamism to the team and can turn defence into attack so quickly. His obvious technical issues would have developed over time.

His confidence has been affected by the managers constant tinkering and I'm sure with regular games he'll be a huge asset to Juve. I just hope we don't come up against them in next seasons CL.

If It is just a loan deal initially, maybe Rafa feels the same way and is reluctant to let him go.

I've always thought he was one of the most technically inept footballers ever to play for Liverpool. I expect more than the ability to chase players all over the pitch from a Liverpool midfielder.

Good fucking riddance.

I bet you were one of the first people drooling over him when he was immense in his first season. I'm not arguing the logic of selling him now (especially if we keep Macher as a result), but I just think its easy to forget how good he was.

I bet you were one of the first people drooling over him when he was immense in his first season. I'm not arguing the logic of selling him now (especially if we keep Macher as a result), but I just think its easy to forget how good he was.

Indeed. He was bloody gargantuan at times. It does make sense to sell him at this point while his stock is high, and now that Mascherano has firmly established himself and Lucas has proved that he's worthy of a place in the squad and won't let us down. We knew that one of them would be bound to go at some point - it was only a matter of who. Whoever said 'good fucking riddance' should be ashamed of themselves (and obviously hasn't got much of a memory). Good luck to the lad, I hope he has a barnstorming career. That said, I really hope we don;t sell unless Rafa gets his guarantees that we'll get El Jefe.