You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

REDS SET FOR GERMAN VISIT

grahamlfc

There will be a distinctly German flavour to the Anfield atmosphere next week when supporters of Borussia Moenchengladbach make their annual pilgrimage to Merseyside.

The Reds will welcome up to 90 supporters of the Bundesliga Two side, who will arrive in Liverpool on Monday, January 21, to celebrate the 31-year friendship between the two teams.

The visit will see them pay their respects to the victims of the Hillsborough disaster at the Hillsborough memorial while some of the party will also attend Liverpool's clash with Martin O'Neill's Villains in the evening.

Every year since 1992, our German couterparts have made the journey to England during the Bundesliga winter break, after donating 21000 Deutsch Marks (approximately £8000) to the Hillsborough family's fund in 1991 - a tremendous gesture that should NEVER be forgotten.

In response, 30 Liverpool supporters made the trip to Moenchengladbach in May last year, a visit which was organised by Liverpool FC supporter Graham Agg to celebrate the 30th anniversary since the 1977 European cup final between the two club's in the eternal city of Rome.

The Liverpool supporters handed out friendship badges and a plaque with the Liverpool crest and the words 'EINE GANZ BESONDERE FREUNDSCHAFT' emblazoned across it. This translates to 'a very special friendship' in English.

The Friendship trip was also fully embraced by Liverpool FC who presented Graham Agg with a plaque signed personally by Reds manager Rafael Benitez with the words 'Best wishes to Borussia Moenchengladbach supporters club.'

The Liverpool fans were truly astounded to see Borussia supporters in their last home game of the Bundesliga 2006/2007 season wearing all types of old and new Liverpool FC shirts, a tradition that goes back many years in Gladbach.

Unfortunately, Borussia Moenchengladbach were relegated last season, but they currently lie top of the Second Bundesliga going into the German winter break, and the Liverpool supporters travelling over for Borussia's last home match in May 2008 for their next Friendship visit, are hoping it will coincide with a promotion party.

On this year's visit to Merseyside, the Moenchengladbach fans have been invited to a Fan Party in Liverpool City Centre to celebrate their special friendship. It is a friendship that has lasted the test of time, 31 years almost since the two clubs met in the 1977 European cup final, and the friendship shows no signs of abating.

It is something of which both clubs, and supporters, can be truly proud.

LIVERPOOL FC UND BORUSSIA MG - EINE GANZ BESONDERE FREUNDSCHAFT

LIVERPOOL FC AND BORUSSIA MG - A VERY SPECIAL FRIENDSHIP

Click below:-

Here's the report about our visit to Gladbach last May.

30th ANNIVERSARY FRIENDSHIP VISIT

BY LIVERPOOL FC SUPPORTERS

TO MOENCHENGLADBACH, GERMANY

The weekend of Friday 18th May to Sunday 20th May 2007 Liverpool FC supporters went on a 30th Anniversary Friendship visit to Moenchengladbach, Germany. The visit by the Liverpool supporters was to commemorate the 30th Anniversary of the 1977 European Cup final in Rome between Liverpool FC and Borussia Moenchengladbach. The weekend was an outstanding success, the Friendship is as strong as ever and it is my opinion, the Gladbach supporters are alongside Liverpool supporters the best supporters in the world.

The trip involved a stadium tour, a meeting with Christian Ziege, ex-Liverpool player and now the current Sports director of Borussia, and taking in Gladbach's last home game of the 2006/2007 season versus VFL Bochum, unfortunately Borussia lost 0-2. Amazingly, although they were relegated two weeks before the last home match, an attendance of 50001 duly attended - phenomenal.

Before and after the match Liverpool FC supporters were in a all day party at the Borussia fan house. My thanks go to the Gladbach fan liasion officer Thomas "Tower" Weinmann and Gladbach Fan Project superfan Jonny Polcher, whose hospitality as always was second to none.

30 Liverpool supporters from Liverpool, Germany and Switzerland made the trip to Moenchengladbach which was organised by Graham Agg, with superb help from Pat Link and Gary Johnston. We handed out Friendship badges and a plaque with the Liverpool crest and the words emblazoned across "EINE GANZ BESONDERE FREUNDSCHAFT" which means in english "a very special friendship".

The Friendship trip was also fully embraced by Liverpool Football Club who sent me a plaque signed personally by Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez with the words "to Borussia Moenchengladbach supporters club".

I want to thank all Liverpool supporters who made the trip for being superb ambassadors for Liverpool Football Club and the City of Liverpool. We made many friends in Gladbach and already the wheels are turning ready for making plans for our next visit next year.

I and four other Liverpool supporters, Gary, Pat, Kevin and Ronald had the amazing opportunity 15 minutes before Gladbach's last home match of the 2006/2007 season to unveil a special Friendship flag we had made to convey to our German friends our feelings about the special friendship between the two clubs and the two sets of supporters.

Unbelieveably I also had the chance on the pitch with a microphone in hand to say a few words in German to the 50000 Borussia supporters who were in the stadium. I lived in Germany for 9 years and was able to convey to them in German that the friendship had lasted 30 years already and hopefully it would last another 30 years at least. I then wished them all the best for the following season after their relegation this season.

I then told them we had something to show then and we then unveiled our specially commissioned Friendship flag, which was greeted with a massive roar and the singing of "Liverpool, Liverpool" and finally a perfect rendition of "you'll never walk alone".

It is a moment I and all Liverpool supporters will treasure for the rest of our lives. It was simply amazing.

To see the unveiling of our flag and myself saying a few words to our fantastic Borussia friends please click on the link below:-

YouTube - Special Visit from the liverpoolsupporters in Gladbach

BORUSSIA MG and LIVERPOOL FC - A VERY SPECIAL FRIENDSHIP

BORUSSIA MG and LIVERPOOL FC - EINE GANZ BESONDERE FREUNDSCHAFT.