You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Defoe can leave - Worth a buy

Lofts

I saw Mascherano play only a handful of games live for West Ham, but knew that he was a class act. I honestly thought he would end up at Chelsea as Makelele's replacement and was delighted when we stepped in to sign him as I saw him as the perfect replacement for Hamann.

In terms of Defoe, on his day he is a better striker than Michael Owen in my opinion, but his attitude stinks and for that reason I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole unless we are that skint.

I know I agree with you.

I was made up when he signed as well.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually rate him. He is a top quality finisher with tremendous pace & skill, but it his attitude that I would question. He doesn't appear to have the hunger or desire. Based on ability alone he should be a regular in the Tottenham and England team, but he isn't because he doesn't have the passion. If he had Kuyt's attitude and workrate, I would sign him in an instant.

You might be more in the know with Spurs fans than me Stevie , but from my viewpoint it seems a bit similar to the Crouch situation.

Manager ( Jol ) turned against him & played him in no fixed pattern which affected his form & confidence a bit ( and made a new contract signing unlikely ) although he still seemed to my eyes to keep putting the effort in & not have a bad scoring record. He is now in an awkward situation as his agent can obviously see the Bosman pot of gold while Ramos is desperate to get as much as he can , while he still can.

You might be more in the know with Spurs fans than me Stevie , but from my viewpoint it seems a bit similar to the Crouch situation.

Manager ( Jol ) turned against him & played him in no fixed pattern which affected his form & confidence a bit ( and made a new contract signing unlikely ) although he still seemed to my eyes to keep putting the effort in & not have a bad scoring record. He is now in an awkward situation as his agent can obviously see the Bosman pot of gold while Ramos is desperate to get as much as he can , while he still can.

The lad is too content & doesn't have the heart or desire to be a top player. He has all the credentials to be a top player and based on ability alone he would walk into our team, but he hasn't got the ambition, bottle or passion to be a Liverpool player. He earns very good money, but is happy sitting on the bench at Spurs and I get the impression that he isn't interested in moving

away from London.

The lad is too content & doesn't have the heart or desire to be a top player. He has all the credentials to be a top player and based on ability alone he would walk into our team, but he hasn't got the ambition, bottle or passion to be a Liverpool player. He earns very good money, but is happy sitting on the bench at Spurs and I get the impression that he isn't interested in moving

away from London.

Interesting , I've never got that impression.

We'll soon see presumably , as unless Berbatov goes I assume Defoe will go & if he chooses an ordinary southern team to go to , then you will be proved correct.

Interesting , I've never got that impression.

We'll soon see presumably , as unless Berbatov goes I assume Defoe will go & if he chooses an ordinary southern team to go to , then you will be proved correct.

I wouldn't be too surprised if Jermaine Defoe linked up again with Harry Redknapp at Portsmouth. I know that Alan Curbishley is very keen on Defoe, but the reaction of the Hammers fans may prove a sticking point, but he may end up staying at Spurs.

Guest Romano Polizia

I'd welcome him here. Just not sure he'd be utilised properly in the current set up.

We're desperate for an injection of pace and quality upfront, as without Torres we look devoid of goals and ideas.

As a partner for Torres he's far from ideal.

But as a goal threat I think he's going to get more goals than Kuyt or Voronin, well thats obvious seeing as he's got 4 goals this season playing 400 and a bit minutes of football in the league.

Compared to Kuyts 3 goals in 1000+ minutes and Voronins 3 goals in 700+ minutes and Defoe would surely bring more end product. Especially when you think we make more chances than Spurs.

Kuyt and Voronin obviously bring a massive ammount of good work to the team but who gives a fuck when they don't score goals and for all there good unselfish play we end up drawing games we should win.

At the moment only Torres and Gerrard score but signing a selfish player like Defoe would at least give us another option of a finisher even if the teams play suffered slightly.

It's all irrelevant though if he doesn't want to leave London

just check out how many goals Crouch has scored during his time here, against minutes on the pitch. I think you'd be surprised.

I actually won't be... You must have mistaken me for someone who has a loose grip on statistics.

Liverpool, as a squad, are prone to just lobbing the ball up to Crouch for dogshit Fat Sham tactics when he is on the pitch and Luton broke it for me.

I was EMBARRASSED watching a shite side bring the ball up from the back whilst we played long ball dogshit football. I want him gone. I want him gone now.

I'd welcome him here. Just not sure he'd be utilised properly in the current set up.

We're desperate for an injection of pace and quality upfront, as without Torres we look devoid of goals and ideas.

Agreed. Unless Rafa bites down and plays Babel as our "Torres" when Torres isn't on the pitch... We are like a toothless dog trying to kill our dinner. Defoe could provide some much needed pace in our strike position.

He'll also link up well with Voronin/Kuyt, IMO. So we'll have... "SHOCK HORROR" two capable pacey strikers and two secondaries.

When Torres is on the pitch? We can sub on a pacey striker of quality to replace him whilst he gets a rest.

It's really win/win in my mind.

I actually won't be... You must have mistaken me for someone who has a loose grip on statistics.

Liverpool, as a squad, are prone to just lobbing the ball up to Crouch for dogshit Fat Sham tactics when he is on the pitch and Luton broke it for me.

I was EMBARRASSED watching a shite side bring the ball up from the back whilst we played long ball dogshit football. I want him gone. I want him gone now.

That's nothing to do with Crouch though, that's the tactics employed by the Manager. When we don't use a long ball game with Crouch in the side we look a lot better.

I like Defoe and think he would be a good signing for us. We lack pace up front (Torres excluded) so I think he'd be a good addition to our squad.

I take Steve H's point about his passion and desire to play for Liverpool, and him not moving north but I think a move to us (or another team outside London for that matter) would be the making of him. He needs to move away from London, get his head down, play well, score goals and earn his place in a team. I think he's got a lot of talent and if he used it and kept away from the celebrity and 'bling' culture that is consuming football at the minute then he could become a top, top player.

If we were to make an offer for Defoe, he should jump at the chance to move to us. If he's happier sitting on Spurs bench though then I guess it shows what type of person he is. I hope he isn't that type of person as it would benefit us if he came here.

That's nothing to do with Crouch though, that's the tactics employed by the Manager. When we don't use a long ball game with Crouch in the side we look a lot better.

equally of course, we have played a long ball game lots of times when Crouch hasn't played. We've also played two wingers with no natural forward to get into the box. Unrighteous is letting his personal animosity towards Crouch jaundice his vision. Again. Yawn.

ha ha! I love the fact if your a black footballer you're either apparently:

a) a bling bling merchant

b) a church go-er

or if mixed-race

c) gay

Tremendous!

Modern racism. You see, all black people are fast, can dance and make decent musicians.