You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

RAFFA EXPECTS TO GET SACKED?

Jordy20

I think he is a gonner a some stage before next season. Unfortunately being a football manager ( as with any other job) does not mean you can publicly take on your bosses ( even though they appear to be cunts) and win. You may win the battle but not the war. I really do hope that there is somebody out there prepared to buy out those 2 shysters.

The big issue is getting rid of the American owners. I'm not 100% convinced that Rafa is the man to take us onto the new level, but I don't want him sacked. We need to these 2 clowns out & I would love to know what we can do as fans.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have an agenda, you want him gone, quelle suprise.

To be fair their are an increasing number of people who want him gone but are willing to bide their time until the summer or their's a big enough swing in oppinion to ensure they aren't a minority.

Rafa still has alot of support but I'm not sure he understands how much of that is genuine support and how much is because people have a bigger enemy to get rid of first before turning on him.

If Rafa is sacked it should be for footballing reasons. The owners need to assess things at the end of the season on that score.

I'm sick of the whole thing, and I really hope we can get new owners in before Rafa is ousted. If G&H can't get the loans they need, then hopefully their position will weaken, leaving the whole thing open to a renewed approach from DIC. DIC then refreshe the board with their own men (bye bye Parry) and then back Rafa with the players he needs to bridge the gap. DIC use their money and expertise to build a new stadium pronto, and hey presto, we are sorted.

It seems it is a race against time to me. New manager or new owners? One or the other is coming.

If he goes, he goes. Blamng 'the Americans' and ignoring his failings in the league is very blinkered thinking.

How on gods earth can you expect Rafa to compete properly when he hasnt been on a level playingfield ?

It never ceases to amaze me that people jump on Rafas back , after 2 Champs, league finals in 3 years ! The man is a fucking genious , and if he was given the chance to spend as freely as Ferguson , he would prove it.The only reason utd have had the success they have in the last 20 years is because liverpool have been a joke on and off the pitch, thereby given the scum and arse success on a plate , without major competition from the countries' most succesful club.

The best decision the board has made since Dalglish left was to hire Rafa , letting him go now , without him ever being PROPERLY backed would be catastrophic in my opinion.

The big issue is getting rid of the American owners. I'm not 100% convinced that Rafa is the man to take us onto the new level, but I don't want him sacked. We need to these 2 clowns out & I would love to know what we can do as fans.

Correct

How on gods earth can you expect Rafa to compete properly when he hasnt been on a level playingfield ?

It never ceases to amaze me that people jump on Rafas back , after 2 Champs, league finals in 3 years ! The man is a fucking genious , and if he was given the chance to spend as freely as Ferguson , he would prove it.The only reason utd have had the success they have in the last 20 years is because liverpool have been a joke on and off the pitch, thereby given the scum and arse success on a plate , without major competition from the countries' most succesful club.

The best decision the board has made since Dalglish left was to hire Rafa , letting him go now , without him ever being PROPERLY backed would be catastrophic in my opinion.

I don't think Benitez will ever win the PL, even if he was backed like Mourinho was at cfc. There are many that believe this.

Irrespective of what anyone thinks of Rafa, the owners have to go. We need a new stadium, and we need to invest heavily on attacking players, as well as signing Mascherano. Whoever is in charge needs to spend a shedload of cash in one go if we're going to catch man u and chelsea in the short term at least (we seem to be doing well recruiting sub-19 year olds so hopefully we should have a fair few break into the first team in three or four years time, which may negate the need for heavy spending then).

I want Rafa to stay, I think given the time and the money he would win us the league, but the fact remains there isn't a manager in the world that is going to be able to catch the other three teams in order to mount a consistent challenge for the title without spending heavily on three/four new proven quality players.

That's why new owners are a must - G&H cannot provide the funds we need to be world class on or off the pitch, it would appear.

Rafa needs to be backed and these fucking clowns need to sell up asap.

Is rafa the right man to win Premier League? i dont know.But he has got us into 2 european cup finals in 3 years.

Also if you look at the youth and reserve teams now compared to when Houiller was here-its been tottaly revamped and im sure give it 1-2 more years and we will get some players Coming Through.

Sometimes Rafa annoys me,and makes some strange choices but does he deserve more time and more money? yes he fucking does.These yanks aint got a clue about football(soccer)They need to go before rafa.

ynwa.

I don't think Benitez will ever win the PL, even if he was backed like Mourinho was at cfc. There are many that believe this.

I've never heard anyone say before that Rafa wouldn't win it with Chelseas money? I really hope there aren't many like you, or we really are fucked.

I've never heard anyone say before that Rafa wouldn't win it with Chelseas money? I really hope there aren't many like you, or we really are fucked.

I believe we have a squad well capable of challenging, even winning it, but Benitez doesn't know/want/is too clever etc to get the best out of it, same will happen if he gets players for £200m more. He needs to stop fucking about with formations, with rotation etc. then he'll win it with the current squad.

But he wont, he'll continue to do it, which is why he wont win it, with or without a cfc style spendng. IMO.

Another thing that fucks me off is people bleating about results and shit but I'm yet to read more than a couple of posts from people questioning Gillett and Hicks for unsettling and disrupting things. This whole fucking mess is destabilising the club, like happened to Jol at Spurts.

Rewrote my post - I thought you meant you'd only read a couple of posts criticising G&H, rather than a couple of posts on how their behaviour is affecting results. I assume you meant the latter.

No, not many people have suggested that, but I think that's because it's not a major factor. Our failings in those games since this saga started where we've played badly or got a bad result, have been the same failings as were evident earlier in the season before it all blew up.

I believe we have a squad well capable of challenging, even winning it, but Benitez doesn't know/want/is too clever etc to get the best out of it, same will happen if he gets players for £200m more. He needs to stop fucking about with formations, with rotation etc. then he'll win it with the current squad.

But he wont, he'll continue to do it, which is why he wont win it, with or without a cfc style spendng. IMO.

You really mean you don't think it would make a difference if he had the same style of management, only with much better players at his disposal? This is fucking crazy

Sorry but the squad we have now is NOT good enough to win it. Rafa should be backed with serious cash this summer and be given next season to have a real go.

However I feel he will be sacked and I think he expects it to. There has been too much going on and no response from owners. If this is going to happen Rafa should show these clowns up for what they are - BULLSHIT artists. Put your money where your mouth is or go

You really mean you don't think it would make a difference if he had the same style of management, only with much better players at his disposal? This is fucking crazy

Perhaps not enough of a difference to win the league?

I can appreciate that opinion.

I don't think Rafa will ever win a PL trophy given money or not.

Here here brother.

Ive been one of rafas critics latley about some of his decisions on the pitch ,but realy if we want to asess him in the league properley he has to have a level playing field with the mancs and chelsea.I know wenger has brought some great youngsters through but even he has been able to out spend liverpool over the last ten years when hes had to.

Is there a single issue or scenario where you wouldn't back the owners who have done fuck all over the manager who has taken us to 2 European Cup finals?

QUOTE]

Where is the difference in the owners refusing to respond and Rafa refusing to respond?

I don't want him sacked, but if he continues with this destabilising off the club the sooner he goes the better. If he doesn't issue a statement by the end of Monday I hope they boot him out and get somebody with an ounce of integrity.

He's turning the club into a pantomime.

If this really is (as it seems) nothing more than shit-stirring from the Sunday Scum, why should he dignify it with a response?

(PS - Who the fuck is "Raffa"?)

Here here brother.

Ive been one of rafas critics latley about some of his decisions on the pitch ,but realy if we want to asess him in the league properley he has to have a level playing field with the mancs and chelsea.I know wenger has brought some great youngsters through but even he has been able to out spend liverpool over the last ten years when hes had to.

So in the meantime we can't expect him to have us challenging for the league?

If we can't put up a good challenge with the players currently at his disposal then on what basis can we expect to win it if we give Rafa heaps more money?

There appears to be two broad categories of people that deny or downplay these stories:

Those that aren't arsed if Rafa is sacked.

Those that rarely ever accept any bad news in relation to the club.

I know this is an oversimplification.

You forgot one category, a category I for one am placed in, and that is the "Those who are generally very very sceptical of what the papers say, good or bad news". One thing I've learned is that nothing is certain until it has happened. I trust Dave, and I have good experience with what Bascome are writing. In the same way, I have bad experiences with articles that quotes "a close friend".