Quantcast
Rise of the Foot Soldier - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
cochcaer

Rise of the Foot Soldier

It can't possibly be as bad as Outlaw can it?

Never watched Outlaw, but it would have to go some to beat this piece of shit. Just wannabe gangster wank from beginning to end.

Outlaw is the pits. One of the worst cinema releases in years. I won't even call it a film.

That Nick Love just gets worse and worse. He couldn't direct a dog licking its balls.

Outlaw was uber shite, he must have watched Taxi Driver and Falling Down and said "Yep, I'll make a great vigilante film, i'll get a load of cockney bellends in it pretending they are hard and have random bits of violence, I'll get a BAFTA for it for my great social observations"

The problem I have with these hooligan movies is that they most can't be proven and are written by fifty year old fat pricks living of their false reputation. Anyway, how hard is it for a gang of 50 battering a smaller gang?

Guest PaddyBerger15

"I'm well off my Manor and these are some real tasty geezers...know what I mean...they need respect".

Respect my fucking arse....a bunch of silly boy cunts who have watched far too much telly. Anybody who has to go around with 50 of his mates to randomly pick on total strangers is a shithouse of the highest order.

The problem I have with these hooligan movies is that they most can't be proven and are written by fifty year old fat pricks living of their false reputation. Anyway, how hard is it for a gang of 50 battering a smaller gang?

This one is trueish. He starts out as a 'pwoppa geeza' with the West Ham Inter-City, gets a job as doorman in the club Leah Betts died at, and is finally involved in the infamous Essex Range Rover Murders (already covered in Essex Boys). The film suggests there was police involvement and the case has been previosly reopened.

But the cast is mostly Eastenders regulars who spend two hours going "you farkin caaaaant"

All modern British gangster/hooligan films are total shite.

Tell you what's a good film though, 'Shooters' just bought it on DVD.

The cast are all Liverpool doormen and it's not scripted, it's quality if a little too close to home for comfort.

There's a genetic problem with hooligan's it's that there fucking mongs. To get in to it you have to be thick as too short planks in the first place and to then go on to make books and movies about it, well. What exactly do they see is the appeal ?? I read Cass Pennant's book a while back, basically a story about some guy who conquered the world, well by that I mean had a load fights pissed his life away and had severe delusions of grandure.

I wear a black trackie

I want to be big

I go the Gym ,meet up with scumbags

Take Steriods

do the Doors

Fuck up my kid's lives

I become rich short term

I get fucked over

I end up either dead or pathetic.

i actually thought this was ok,the genre is getting a bit old though.

read some where about a liverppol version,kinda sketchy on the details,but i think its based on a gang in the late 70s early 80s,that guy from this is england is in it.

read some where about a liverppol version,kinda sketchy on the details,but i think its based on a gang in the late 70s early 80s,that guy from this is england is in it.

Going Off Bigtime?

This one is trueish. He starts out as a 'pwoppa geeza' with the West Ham Inter-City, gets a job as doorman in the club Leah Betts died at, and is finally involved in the infamous Essex Range Rover Murders (already covered in Essex Boys). The film suggests there was police involvement and the case has been previosly reopened.

But the cast is mostly Eastenders regulars who spend two hours going "you farkin caaaaant"

Did'nt she die at home?

Anyways, Dyer rules, he's so shite and so cockney its hilarious.

Originally Posted by cochcaer

Going Off Bigtime?

No its one based on a Liverpool supporters firm but its changed so its Tranmere and its set in birkenhead in the film.

Awaydays (2008)

yeah thats it walton,altho what i read said it was based on pool fans,sure your right though.

this going off bigtime,is it any good,ive never seen or heard of it.