You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gears of War

Yes, I know this is pretty old hat by now, but I've only just got myself an XBox 360 (Elite version), and I have to say this game is the canine's gonads. Has there ever been a finer moment in a video game than sneaking up on an enemy and slicing fuck out of them with the chainsaw on the end of your gun? In the words of Bender from Futurama, 'It's the best thing I ever saw!'.

• 1 month later...
I didn't enjoy it.

The graphics are great but the gameplay wasn't too great.

are you serious?

i thought it was the ebst ive ever played, in fact, i havent been able to get into any other games since i played gears, as nothign comes close, one of my mates is the same, unreal tournament is out next month, and im hoping that can be a stop gap until GOW2 comes out in november

fuck me, ive never wanted a srquel to a game more than Gears, clip looks savage, cantw ait for the late night online play with this game, oh yeah, Malarkey can testify to some savage late night games

at 12pm you tell everyone you`ll just play one more game, before you know it, its 3am and you`re still only going to have "one more game"

fucking quality !!

are you serious?

i thought it was the ebst ive ever played, in fact, i havent been able to get into any other games since i played gears, as nothign comes close, one of my mates is the same, unreal tournament is out next month, and im hoping that can be a stop gap until GOW2 comes out in november

fuck me, ive never wanted a srquel to a game more than Gears, clip looks savage, cantw ait for the late night online play with this game, oh yeah, Malarkey can testify to some savage late night games

at 12pm you tell everyone you`ll just play one more game, before you know it, its 3am and you`re still only going to have "one more game"

fucking quality !!

Amen, Brother. You've been Franned!

Amen, Brother. You've been Franned!

the little prick got a PS3 for christmas off his moth, and he`s moved house, and he`s still waiting for to get the internet installed, 5 fucking months now

but he`ll be getting unreal toruney and gears of course

that new game somthing ops looks decent

ELITE

dont be daft, COD was ok, but its no gears, same with rainbow six

It's all about opinions mate.

Lots of people love GOW but a lot of people hate it. It's one of those games.

and yeah, different strokes and all, but ive neve rmet anyone that didnt like gears, i liked COD4, but i wasnt mad about the online play, i just loved the simplicity of gears, 4 vs 4, you die, you`re out of the game, simple, that 16 man thing in COD was weird, then you just respawned, it didnt interest me,

the one player game was good though, that sniper level was one of the best features ive ever seen in a game,

I didn't enjoy it.

The graphics are great but the gameplay wasn't too great.

I'm sort of with you; Superlative graphics, but Christ the fun soon drags a bit when you realise it's basically 8 hours of: RUN TO COVER, WAIT FOR MONSTERS, POP OUT AND SHOOT MONSTERS, RELOAD, RUN TO NEXT BIT OF COVER, REPEAT.

There's no variety at all, and shooters like Halo3, Bioshock and Half-Life2 knock Gears into a hatted cock.

I'm sort of with you; Superlative graphics, but Christ the fun soon drags a bit when you realise it's basically 8 hours of: RUN TO COVER, WAIT FOR MONSTERS, POP OUT AND SHOOT MONSTERS, RELOAD, RUN TO NEXT BIT OF COVER, REPEAT.

There's no variety at all, and shooters like Halo3, Bioshock and Half-Life2 knock Gears into a hatted cock.

i can openly admit i thought Halo 3 was the biggest load of shite ive ever played, if ever a game was repatative, then that was, and the even more annoying bit was the stupid little aliens that had american accents, i stopped playing it after a few days, truly shite imo,

in fairness though, i thought the first 2 where crap as well, so i should never have gotten it in the first place

anyone play that new conflict Denied Ops game yet, looks decent enough from the adds ive seen

i can openly admit i thought Halo 3 was the biggest load of shite ive ever played, if ever a game was repatative, then that was, and the even more annoying bit was the stupid little aliens that had american accents, i stopped playing it after a few days, truly shite imo,

in fairness though, i thought the first 2 where crap as well, so i should never have gotten it in the first place

anyone play that new conflict Denied Ops game yet, looks decent enough from the adds ive seen

I lent Halo 3 off my mate the other day and I fucking love it.

I think theres a demo of Denied Ops up now mate.

For some reason that line made me piss.

Gears of War was the reason I bought Xbox360. So many people I worked with continually raved about it.

I have to admit, I thought the game was amazing, from start to finish. I'm not a big fan of the Halo series, although I have all three games.

For me C.O.D.4 was the best game I played last year. The online play has engrossed me more that any other game I have played. I can't stop playing the damn thing.

However, I will be first in line for Gears Of War 2 when it comes out!

And the same goes for Grand theft Auto, which is just around the corner.....