You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We are rich!

Rashid

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure if they hadn't been cheeky fuckers and asked cap in hand we might have been thinking about it anyway. I mean what sort of scruffy scrubber goes knocking on the door of it's next opponent and goes "You know the money you are entitled to on your game against us, mind giving it to us instead, I mean, you don't need it do ya really?"

Didn't we waive it last time we played them anyway, or was I dreaming it?

The article makes us seem like a right load of cunts as well, which is fair out of order considering we have no ties and owe Luton shit.

One final point about all clubs contributing a fund to help out financially stricken clubs out, no way should that ever happen, period. Clubs should keep themselves in order and make sure they don't do stupid things like Leeds did or Luton did. It's the reason why there is a fit and proper persons test to own a club now don't you think? Imagine the situation if there was such a fund - we could potentially help out Everton with it, or worse the Mancs could end up helping us out of the shit with it in a few years or something, when would we stop hearing about the time when the Mancs stopped us going out of business? Just before the apocalypse?

Jeff Stelling was basically saying that Liverpool should hand the money over as it's only one weeks wages for Torres.

Basically, Luton have used the press to embarrass us into giving them the receipts and to be honest I'm glad we've said no. Why should it be up to us bail them out? If it's only 100K they want, then why doesn't evey Premier League Club donate 5k and then problem solved. By pure luck of the draw we get Luton and the administrators have looked upon as a cash cow. I hope we stuff the cheeky bastards tomorrow. No Replay please.

EDIT: Another thing, they should be thanking their lucky stars that they've drawn us instead biting the hand that feeds. If they'd drawn Chasetown, the ground would be half empty with more than likely reduced ticket prices and there'd be no TV money. CHEEKY BASTARDS.

Jeff Stelling was basically saying that Liverpool should hand the money over as it's only one weeks wages for Torres.

Him and the bellends on there can put a weeks wages in each and donate it if they're that concerned. Merson obviously wont be able to as his money will be tied up on betfair but the rest can.

Basically, Luton have used the press to embarrass us into giving them the receipts and to be honest I'm glad we've said no. Why should it be up to us bail them out? If it's only 100K they want, then why doesn't evey Premier League Club donate 5k and then problem solved. By pure luck of the draw we get Luton and the administrators have looked upon as a cash cow. I hope we stuff the cheeky bastards tomorrow. No Replay please.

EDIT: Another thing, they should be thanking their lucky stars that they've drawn us instead biting the hand that feeds. If they'd drawn Chasetown, the ground would be half empty with more than likely reduced ticket prices and there'd be no TV money. CHEEKY BASTARDS.

Will Jeff be giving them a week's wages then if he cares so very much?

Wouldn't have thought so.

Merson obviously wont be able to as his money will be tied up on betfair but the rest can.

And not forgetting tonight's trip to Bargain Booze.

As for Luton, I don't like seeing any team struggling for money, especially a little one, but thanks to their manipulation of the press to try and strongarm us into handing the cash over, bollocks to them. The minute the draw was finished, you had heard the term "money spinning tie" about three times.

Jib that. And jib their twat of a manager as well.

If we had the new stadium standing proud in Stanley Park, a team kicking arse in the league and all was right at LFC then sure, we would probably have offered anyway.

But since we are handled by a three ring circus that is Side Show Bob and the Yanks and (if we are lucky) the banks owning LFC come March and the prospect of losing one of our best players because the fore mentioned circus act won't stump up the cash, then sorry the answer is no.

Now you've taken it to the press to make us look like a bunch of tight fisted cunts you can really fuck off now!

So have LFC in the past. We let Swansea off paying over £100k in owed transfer fees when they were about to go bump a few years back but, it generally only delays the inevitable.

You cant be altruistic in football. Football would then become like social security is to those who dont want to find work. If you know you're going to get a big hand out, you wont be arsed to look after your outgoings because someone will bail you out.

Besides I dont see the FL helping one of their clubs out. They made Luton release all their loan players. What's that all about?

We've also helped Wrexham out a lot in the last 4 years, which their mananger has thanked us for on several occasions. Fuck Luton.

I would have totally supported the actions of the club if they donated our share of the gates without being prompted, but it's embarrassing of Luton to come round with the begging bowl and drag this out into the press.

If we were to accept their wishes, it would set a dangerous precedent as well.

A post from the On The Kop forum:

First of all, I'll admit im a Luton fan. The reason I come on here is because Liverpool is a great place, your supporters are great people who normally know their stuff. Also, I like supporting the HJC/Anne Williams. Luton asking for money from Liverpool is more than a bit cheeky, its a f**king disgrace. This is the third, yes third time we have been in admin in ten years. Go down the years and Luton has been run by money making twats. From when i started supporting them in 82, when Evans our Chairman was best mates with Thatcher. Hence the away ban on fans. Then the plastic pitch. Then the snow incident. No wonder none of you guys have good memories of the place! Our new chairman came in last year, promising the usual new start. After the club selling £13m worth of players over the last four years, he decided last november he was skint. Thats after buying a player for 500 grand, deciding he was no good, letting him go for free to a league rival a year later, and now he's one of the top scorers in the division! So, there's some of the reasons why were skint, and why we should'nt ask for charity. Cut your cloth accordingly! Good luck for the rest of the year!( after tommorow)

http://onthekop.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=596e7025d65ea586da5823c3c50c5aca&topic=6504.msg142022#msg142022

Steve Foster, Mick Harford, Ashley Grimes, Les Sealey, plastic pitch, not showing up for games, identity cards...

Yep, fuck them.

This is a new one to add to that list. If you walk by a beggar in the street, you might well feel a brief twinge of guilt. But if the cunt starts shouting and bad-mouthing you, you quite rightly develop contempt for him.

I hope we twat the graceless cunts.

Maybe I'm the only person here who thinks this, but I reckon we should give them the receipts. At the end of the day, we all like to watch football. As do the Luton fans. 'Tough' though it is to be a LFC supporter, imagine what it's like going to LTFC week in, week out.

That said, I can't believe we haven't finished these twats off this afternoon. Maybe we're donating a money-spinning draw to them...