You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The 44th President of the United States

AngryOfTuebrook

Who do you think will be the next US President?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will be the next US President?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Barrack Obama
    • John Edwards
    • Dennis Kucinich
    • Mike Huckabee
    • Mitt Romney
    • John McCain
    • Rudy Giuliani
    • Fred Thompson
    • Other.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Edwards would be the best candidate to run against the Republicans. Clinton is too woman and Obama is too black for the voters who will decide it in the end.

he`s too black for the whited, and too white for the blacks, poor fella

that is no way a racist remark on my account, i was watching a documentary on NBC a few eeks back and thats what was said

you really have to cover your tracks these days, gone where the days i could run around with my white cloak and point hat, oops :whistle:

I've got a feeling Huckabee will be the man because as was said above, the bible belt have huge influence on the voting.

I'd like it to be a Democrat for the world's sake, but doubt any of them currently in the running have the clout to win a face-off in the polls.

he`s too black for the whited, and too white for the blacks, poor fella

that is no way a racist remark on my account, i was watching a documentary on NBC a few eeks back and thats what was said

you really have to cover your tracks these days, gone where the days i could run around with my white cloak and point hat, oops :whistle:

Save it for the cross burning, Adolf.

I read that Huckabee doesn't believe in the theory of evolution. So he's a sure fire bet to win it.

I'd personally go for Obama, as long as it's a Democrat really I don't care But then again I'm from the UK, so I can't vote nor know what the candidates are really like.

Out of curiosity, what do the Yanks on the GF think of John McCain?

The fact that all those evangelical lunatics turned out for Huckabee last night was a real worry for me. If I were to tolerate any Republican, I think it would have to be John McCain. He speaks of a return to conservative (in a good way) American values, has distanced himself greatly from the Bush Administation and comes across as extremely sincere.

I think Guliani is a snake, and Romney is a bloody mormon.

For the Democrats, I could live with any of the three, really. Preferably Edwards. I really like him, always have and I think he's the most electable should he win the nomination. ie. He's not a woman, he's not a Clinton woman, and he's not black.

Obama would be good, but at his age with his experience, I think he may struggle to wield the power he needs to in order to make the change happen. Hillary's health care plan would be great, but she's too centre-leaning on a lot of things, and was in favour of invading Iraq. A repeat of Bill's 8 years would be awesome though.

In short, I don't have a fucking clue! Way too early to tell, but good starts for Huckabee and Barack.

I've got a feeling Huckabee will be the man because as was said above, the bible belt have huge influence on the voting.

I'd like it to be a Democrat for the world's sake, but doubt any of them currently in the running have the clout to win a face-off in the polls.

Not sure he'd leave Norwich to be honest.

Kucinich would be my choice, because of his sound policies and fit wife.

I think the Dems would probably (and probably correctly) decide that Edwards would be most electable, so I think he'll most likely be the next President.

(Probably the only Republican I could countenance would be McCain, because of his first-hand experience that war and torture are not, as it turns out, good things.)

Kucinich would be my choice, because of his sound policies and fit wife.

I think the Dems would probably (and probably correctly) decide that Edwards would be most electable, so I think he'll most likely be the next President.

(Probably the only Republican I could countenance would be McCain, because of his first-hand experience that war and torture are not, as it turns out, good things.)

Couldn't bring yourself just to agree with me could ya? ;)

I don't know who will win it but I am just hoping that Edward's battle against corporate greed is something that can be a Democrat weapon of pride in the coming years; it won't have a chance if Clinton wins the nomination.

Agreed, she just comes across as not being a particular believer in anything but just wanting to get in to prove some kind of point, that's the feeling I get.

Obama just strikes me as ten years too young and too 'fresh' for the office, The USA like their top men grounded and versed in the traditional 'establishment'.