You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wayne Bridge

WeAreTheBest

Barry Silkman certainly does sound a tosser, but lets hope he is right on this issue.

As people have said above, Wayne Bridge of a couple of seasons would have been a decent acquisition but he has had far too many injuries since. I'd be happy to settle with Finnan and Arbeloa/Aurelio as our full backs for now and strengthen other areas.

hes gone down hill - use what we have and get insua out on loan to get some experiance for next year

Exactly. Arbeloa and Aurelio should be good enough to cover that position and if Insua is the real deal, then he needs to be loaned out like Guthrie has to get some much needed experience.

Guest PaddyBerger15

I still think the answer is 3-5-2 with Finnan and Fab or Riise as wing backs is the best option when all are fit....but Rafa will never play it. Thats the way we get more fluid attacking football.

Effectively all of our 'first choice' full backs are wing backs...Riise is neither fish nor fowl and to an extent so is Fabio. When Finnan came he couldn't mark a lamppost but has improved significantly, but Albert raiding down the right in a 3-5-2 looks attractive to me.

This formation also gives us proper options in Midfield and we can use Carra and Sami as markers and Danny can step into midfield and bring the ball out and start moves from the back like Hansen used to for us.

Thats my take on things....sometimes you have to try a system to get the best out of the personnel, rather than the other way round....like I said....never going to happen though and I'm sure most will disagree with me.

Paying £6M for Bridge would be utter madness!

First og all we don't need him as he's no improvement on Aurelio or Insua (I'd much rather give him a shot in the team). But more importantly we need to use any available money to strengthen our weakest positions (2 wingers, a striker and a backup centre back), not on an average left back! :wallbutt:

£6m for him is outrageous. If we can't do better than him on LB then I rather ease Insua into the team with 5-10 games for the rest of the season. Bridge isn't even better than Cole. Riise is never injured and a good LB so why should we sell him to buy Bridge?

Guest PaddyBerger15
Tony Barrett in the Echo :

Despite speculation, Liverpool have today ruled out any interest whatsoever in a move for Chelsea defender Wayne Bridge.

Thank fuck

Thank fuck for that.

Indeed.

We can do without adding another Mr. Joe Average to the squad when funds are tight.