You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Zlatan Ibrahimović Vs Fernando Torres

DjDamyard

Who is better?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better?

• Zlatan Ibrahimović
    • Fernando Torres

Are you a Liverpool fan? If you are an Inter fan then I can partly understand this, since we all like to stick up for our own players. But since the poll was first posed, Torres has gone on to establish himself as probably the best striker in the world, while Ibrahimovic has flattered to deceive (notwithstanding scarce flashes of brilliance).

I will answer by saying I was a Liverpool fan until about 4 to 5 years ago... When I also started watching Inter for some reason :S

But now, I prefer Inter...

And I totally agree with your statement about if you support a Inter you stick up for the players... and if you support Liverpool you will stick up for the players...

Very much like the Babel Vs. Nani thread... Obviously 95% + will vote Babel to be better maybe not on current form or anything, but because he's playing for Liverpool and because Nani plays for Man Utd.

Yes, I think its unbelievably close between the two... But I think that a lot of the people saying how shitty Ibrahimovic is, are only saying this based on what they hear in newspapers, what they watch of him on an International level and not based on regular league appearences... On top of his game, he takes the clean piss out of denfences... When he plays badly, WAOW...:wallbutt::telloff:

I think he is like Torres for the fact that he can be quiet in a game and then score a goal out of nothing... Or if he is out for a while and comes on as a sub just back from injury he has the ability to totally turn the game, eg. the last match of the season last year! Scored two great goals! Which in the end led to winning the scudetto :)

So for people who are saying its like comparing Gerrard to Savage, Dalglish to Sean Dundee...

I mean Ibrahimovic can not be called shit because he obviously is one of the best strikers in the world, and I'm sure alot of the top clubs would love to have him in their squad.

• Downvote 2

I will answer by saying I was a Liverpool fan until about 4 to 5 years ago... When I also started watching Inter for some reason :S

I was forced to neg you for this. I admire you for trying to argue your point, and everyone is entitled to an opinion, but yours is wrong.

• 12 years later...
On 21/10/2008 at 23:01, DjDamyard said:

And I totally agree with your statement about if you support a Inter you stick up for the players... and if you support Liverpool you will stick up for the players...

Very much like the Babel Vs. Nani thread... Obviously 95% + will vote Babel to be better maybe not on current form or anything, but because he's playing for Liverpool and because Nani plays for Man Utd.

Yes, I think its unbelievably close between the two... But I think that a lot of the people saying how shitty Ibrahimovic is, are only saying this based on what they hear in newspapers, what they watch of him on an International level and not based on regular league appearences... On top of his game, he takes the clean piss out of denfences... When he plays badly, WAOW...:wallbutt::telloff:

I think he is like Torres for the fact that he can be quiet in a game and then score a goal out of nothing... Or if he is out for a while and comes on as a sub just back from injury he has the ability to totally turn the game, eg. the last match of the season last year! Scored two great goals! Which in the end led to winning the scudetto :)

So for people who are saying its like comparing Gerrard to Savage, Dalglish to Sean Dundee...

I mean Ibrahimovic can not be called shit because he obviously is one of the best strikers in the world, and I'm sure alot of the top clubs would love to have him in their squad.

And don’t come back. 

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Anubis said:

Mouthy little shit is telling Lebron James to stop speaking out on black issues and to concentrate on sport. Lebron fired off a salvo back, but missed the chance to tell Zlatan to keep his nose out of his business.

Lebron is a fucken idiot and a bigger cunt than Zlatan, he's all for standing up for human rights until it starts hurting his CCP sponsored millions.

• Downvote 1