You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mourinho for Anfield?

Plewggs

I think hiring Mourinho could quite easily push me over the edge to the point where I really do cease to give a fuck about what happens to us. He loves getting players to dive, cheat, moan and basically act like complete cunts and then he''ll top it off by being a cunt in the post match interview.

No thanks.

Oh, and kudos RiS, nice effort.

I would still join in on the chant "Fuck off Mourinho, fuck........" if he was hired as our manager... I hate him and everything he stands for......

And someone needs to come up with a chant against Parry, the sooner the better....

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think hiring Mourinho could quite easily push me over the edge to the point where I really do cease to give a fuck about what happens to us. He loves getting players to dive, cheat, moan and basically act like complete cunts and then he''ll top it off by being a cunt in the post match interview.

No thanks.

Oh, and kudos RiS, nice effort.

I would still join in on the chant "Fuck off Mourinho, fuck........" if he was hired as our manager... I hate him and everything he stands for......

And someone needs to come up with a chant against Parry, the sooner the better....

I think Mourinho's main reason (if he does come) for wanting the job is vanity. It eats away at him that he hasn't got the better of Rafa in the CL. OK, he won the league twice at Chelsea, but those titles will forever be remembered as 'bought', given the £££ Abramovich lavished on the team.

I said ages ago that the rivalry between most managers is pantomime, but I really do feel it runs deeper than this with Rafa and Mourinho.

What better way to get revenge than to usurp the man who most threatens you professionally? this could be just the reason Mourinho needs (plus he supposedly has been a fan of ours for years, plus no doubt he will be amply rewarded - but the vanity thing burns bright for him, and taking Rafa's job - and outperforming him - is a huge challenge/ego boost that Mourinho will want).

I really do fear for the longer term future if we get Mourinho. Here's why: Rafa is building a dynasty here, and he should be left to get on with it for years to come (so long as signs of progress are evident). If Mourinho comes it will be to make a big ego splash, win the league, and then depart.

Prediction:

If Mourinho comes next summer he will win the league within his first two years. BUT... his vanity is such that he will then move on to Man Utd to take over from Fergie.

Mourinho is incredibly vain (and strangely insecure IMO). That's why he needs to be the 'special one'. That's why he would take over from Rafa to prove he is the better man. That's why he would even take over from Fergie. Beware what you wish for!

Hope Rafa stays.

See , I just don't get this .I like him , and see some good things hes done /does but We are out of the league before christmas yet again.

Houlliers treble gave him 2 years grace ,how many years grace does a CL he won ,and a CL he threw away give ?

Irregardless,I don't think they'll replace him with shitcoat.They won't sack a guy for speaking out against them and hire one reknowned for that same thing .

I agree he needs to get his act together in the League but surely we give a manager more than three years.

I think we went backwards with Houllier and our style of play was terrilble, plus the crowd started to turn on him. I still see progress with Rafa and think that it will continue.

As for sacking a man for speaking out against them Gav, I do not think it would bother them one little bit.

Shitcoat as manager would be hard to accept but no doubt I would.

Firstly there's no way l want to see Benitez leave Liverpool whether he's sacked or leave's because of his differences with the yanks. I hate the way the club is being run at the moment by Hicks, Gillette, Parry i.e The new stadium being scrapped. the constant speculation on Rafa's position as manager. The pressure of this must surely get to him at some point. Its just not the Liverpool way is it, its not how we do things. But my thoughts on the Mourinho thing are l really don't think we would see the same Mourinho who was at Chelsea. Chelsea are a brash in yer face type of club from the trendy west end of London and the fans loved Mourinho for how he behaved down there and the things he said and did. I think if he came here he would be smart enough to realise that approach would'nt really go down well. I think would know he would need to be a lot more humble and respectful of certain things. He would know he is coming to a club with a fabulous history (as we have always reminded him). I dont think it would be long before he had the majority of the fans behind him. imho l think he would just adjust himself to the surroundings.

I said something very similar after the match on Sunday. The thought of Mourihno at Anfield depresses me.

I've never seen other teams cheat as much as Mourihno's teams. He cheated his way to the UEFA Cup win with Porto and after his first visit to Anfield as Chelsea boss, I walked out of the ground thinking I've never seen so much gamesmanship in one match and still to this day haven't. Plus if he came here you know he'd be in for some of his former players and the thought of Joe Cole et al in a red shirt makes me shiver.

He's a proper character and I find it really hard to dislike him. Yes, he's a bit of a media monkey and loves to wind us all up, but he is a proven winner and an excellent motivator.

I'd like to see how many people on here are still hating his guts when we finish the season with the title.

But c even if he did doesnt he reputation the knowledge of how he can be doesnt that irk you, wouldnt you feel like shit to see that face as the face of your club i know it would with me.

You dont see Rafa being like that even when he was at valencia, bringing that man into LFC is a huge slap in the face to Rafa, he is a man that Rafa doesnt have much time for and to be ohnest wouldnt either.

If Rafa isnt the man to take us any further i will admit that but his replacement has to be someone of a calibre and a dignity that would suit this club maureen isnt any of thoughs things for me.

Their were three men i would want here after Rafa if its to be One was capello he was my first choice but he is not an option the second Lippi but would he have the strength and the will to build something here.

The other would be Gus Hiddink probably a man that has a vission football which i respect and a calibre that is probably abouve Rafa, he also i feel like Rafa building something from the ground up or at least carrying it on from success to success and he would probably do i here.

Knowing are luck we will end up with Martin Oneil or Maureen and that i could never stand.

I cant see Rafa being here next season. It reminds me of Claudio Ranieri's position at Chelsea before he was axed.

I fear an air of uncertainty will hang over the club for as long as Rafa remains now.

Is it not also an issue that a manager without strong backing from the owners may begin to look weak in the eyes of his players and not command the same respect. Then there is the issue of attracting players to a club, will players sign if Rafa is forever rumoured to be leaving?

He's a proper character and I find it really hard to dislike him. Yes, he's a bit of a media monkey and loves to wind us all up, but he is a proven winner and an excellent motivator.

I'd like to see how many people on here are still hating his guts when we finish the season with the title.

Rafa is also a proven winner , against the odds always, which says to me he is an excellent motivator , hes not a media monkey thank god , and i personally find it very easy to dislike the "man".

One word for you , Loyalty.

The twat sums up everything i fuckin hate in the game.

Can someone please explain to me the vast difference between Rafa's style of play and Mourinho's?

Witness our attempts to unlock Uniteds well organised defence with zero guile or creativity and tell me what I'm missing?

You're missing the fact that Mourinho would play the same way against Dagenham and Redbridge in the League Cup third round. He can only play one way. In fact, there is only one way to play as far as he's concerned.

Sami up front for the last ten minutes? No thanks.

Also if this is true, how depressing will it be? I'll be depressed.. hoofball here we come.

Carra will be delighted then as he'll be the first name on the team sheet :thumbup:

Have to say I'm with KevieG here. I wouldn't want Mourinho's style of play, but we hardly set the world alight now as it is do we? If I was a neutral I certainly wouldn't enjoy watching us.

After the press conference before the Newcastle game I said Mourinho will be rubbing his hands.

If it is true then it'll be a bad time to be a Liverpool supporter. The man i've hated more in football management over the past few years than anyone else could turn out to be the man I have to worship??? :( Oh fuck there'll be some amount of humble pie sold at the ground anyway.

My biggest fear with Rafa leaving us is the mass exodus it may kickstart within the team. Mascherano has stated that he only wants to stay if Rafa is the manager, i'm sure Torres and the rest of the spaniards won't be too happy either .

But let's wait and see eh!