Thants

Deadwood

On 23/03/2019 at 21:12, Elite said:

My birds not seen any of it so might re-watch it all. Class show.

Nobody plays a cooler lawman than Timothy Olyphant.

This post is justified.

9 hours ago, Gruntfuttock said:

9pm this Saturday and repeated next Monday on SKY Atlantic.

I'm sure there's something on the other side at that time on Saturday. I just can't put my finger on what it is.

• Upvote 1

EB Farnum: You have been tested, Al Swearengen. And your deepest purposes proved, there’s gold on the woman’s claim. You might as well have shouted it from the rooftops. That’s why I’m jumpin’ through hoops to get it back. Thorough as I fleeced the fool she married, I will fleece his widow, too. Using loyal associates like, Eustace Bailey Farnum as my go-betweens and dupes. To explain, why I want her bought out I’ll make a pretext of my fear of the Pinkertons. I’ll throw Farnum a token thief, why should I reward E.B., with some small fractional, participation in the claim? Or let him even lay by a little security and source of continuing income, for his declining years. What’s he ever done for me? Except let me, terrify him every goddamned day of his life ‘til the idea of bowel regularity, is a furlong fuckin’ hope. 

• Upvote 1

Such a brilliant show, bursting with wonderful characters.

Al Swearingen is obviously the star and he's brilliantly funny as fuck, but my favourite character was always Richardson the demented pot washer.

Walcott: Past hope. Past kindness or consideration. Past justice. Past satisfaction. Past warmth or cold or comfort. Past love. But past surprise? What an endlessly unfolding tedium life would then become.

EB: The bald contempt of it! Why not come out five abreast cavorting and taunting 'E.B. was left out! E.B. was left out!'? Cocksuckers! Cuntlickers! Make your filthy gestures.

• Upvote 1