You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stouffer

Mine arrived last Friday. It's a work of art.

I can't get the sodding photos less than about 3 foot wide so here are the links.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii10/iRAT_photos/STH70548.jpg

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii10/iRAT_photos/STH70554.jpg

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii10/iRAT_photos/STH70562-1.jpg

I like the tracklisting. I would have liked to have gotten that one. Well played that man.

Mine was sent 9 days ago, and should have been there by now... But my guy isn`t a frequent poster, so who knows when he will confirm it.

I also had to sign my name on the package, so he will know it`s from me when he gets it. I could post the art work and track listing here though... if people are interested. Or I could give my guy a few more days to step forward.

Still havent recieved mine though.

Soooo, Stouff gets iRat after begging to get him. Are you willing to play the numbers game?

I could have sworn that the postmark wasn't Newcastle, I'd check but I'm a cheap fucker and sent mine in the same jiffy.

Surely Stouff would have delivered by hand, I know I would've if I'd drawn him.

I could have sworn that the postmark wasn't Newcastle, I'd check but I'm a cheap fucker and sent mine in the same jiffy. Surely Stouff would have delivered by hand, I know I would've if I'd drawn him.
Its just a sneaky suspicion. That, and he did my cd last year and there are certain, how can i put this, similarities. The tracklisting being one of them. Though your artwork was much better. I wish stouff loved me.

Its just a sneaky suspicion. That, and he did my cd last year and there are certain, how can i put this, similarities. The tracklisting being one of them. Though your artwork was much better. I wish stouff loved me.

I thought that the photo on CD2 may have been a clue, but I don't know if it's a forumite or not?

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii10/iRAT_photos/STH70554.jpg

Mine was sent 9 days ago, and should have been there by now... But my guy isn`t a frequent poster, so who knows when he will confirm it.

I also had to sign my name on the package, so he will know it`s from me when he gets it. I could post the art work and track listing here though... if people are interested. Or I could give my guy a few more days to step forward.

Still havent recieved mine though.

I got it this morning, cheers Kurt :thumbup:

The artwork is great and it looks like you put a great deal of effort in to it.

It makes me feel guilty that i didn't really make any effort with art work for my one but the tracks are top class though.

I haven't listened to all of it yet but i will make time for it over the weekend. It looks good anyway.

p.s. I don't post that often, a man of few words you might say but i lurk around here almost every day.

p.p.s. Happy Christmas :thumbsup:

I got it this morning, cheers Kurt :thumbup:

The artwork is great and it looks like you put a great deal of effort in to it.

It makes me feel guilty that i didn't really make any effort with art work for my one but the tracks are top class though.

I haven't listened to all of it yet but i will make time for it over the weekend. It looks good anyway.

p.s. I don't post that often, a man of few words you might say but i lurk around here almost every day.

p.p.s. Happy Christmas :thumbsup:

Cool!

Hope you like it...

Tried to put in a little bit of everything on it. When I heard through it afterwards I realised it`s a bit slower than what I usually put together, but hopefully it will suit the mood of the holidays... Also tried to include a few unknown ( for you foreigners ) Norwegian acts.

Mine have (literally) just arrived from a female forumite whose name (on the ack of the envelope) I didn't recognise in relation to the postcode. I don't think it's from Cath or SKI, so that leaves Gazelle and Aveez. I'm on the first track of the first of the two CDs I put on - a slow, funky number which I don't recognise, but immediately liked. I'm deffo going to want a track-listing. Track 2 is a funky punky thing that's got number 1 son pogo-ing like a lunatic.

This is my present.

DISC 1

1. Jetplane Landing – Backlash Cop

2. Les Savy Fav – Raging in the Plague Age

3. Hot Water Music – Remedy

4. Hundred Reasons – No Way Back

5. The Hold Steady – Chips Ahoy!

6. Broken Social Scene – Almost Crimes

7. Wolf Parade – Fancy Claps

8. Los Campesinos! – You! Me! Dancing!

9. Oppenheimer – Saturday Looks Bad to Me

10. The Young Playthings – Tune

11. Patrick Wolf – The Magic Position

12. Regina Spektor (w/ Kill Kenada) – Your Honour

13. Dugong – Tonight this is Perfect

14. Desaparecidos – Man & Wife, the Former (Financial Planning)

15. Mclusky – To Hell with Good Intentions

16. Fickle Public – Kitten’s Got Claws

17. At the Drive-In – Invalid Litter Dept.

18. Sons & Daughters – Rama Lama

19. Blood Red Shoes – ADHD

20. Help She Can’t Swim – I Don’t Need You

21. Sammo Hung – I Love the Leader

22. Sunset Cinema Club – Confectionary Hell

23. CIV – Little Men

DISC 2

1. Ratatat – Seventeen Years

2. Millionaire - Champagne

3. Rocket from the Crypt – Pushed

4. Les Savy Fav – Patty Lee

5. Jetplane Landing – Song for Sonia Sanchez

6. Dinosaur Jr. – Start Choppin’

7. Kings of Leon – Fans

8. Biffy Clyro – Christopher’s River

9. Hundred Reasons – Introduction to Pop

10. Douglas – Drinking Alone

11. Shuriken – Arch Nemesis (Acoustic)

12. Walter Schreifels – Today’s Demo 52706

13. Rilo Kiley - Ripchord

14. Damian Jurado – Rosewood Casket

15. Bright Eyes – Make a Plan to Love Me

16. Eels – Fresh Feeling

17. Beta Band – Dry the Rain

18. Beck – Where it’s at

19. MC Honkey (featuring Cool G. Murder) – A Good Day to be You

I'm still getting through it. Nice cover too

photo527pd6.jpg

Overall I've not even heard of 90% of this lot which is what Secret Santa is all about for me. Some tracks are ace, Los Campesinos! – You! Me! Dancing!, some are a bit loud for my liking. Disc 2 Jnr track took me back many a year and the Beta Band got me nodding yet again. I love that track.

Cheers Mr Santa. I guessed who it was straight away (and have now got the tracklisting off them) so I presume others will.

Disc 2 started well with something in what I think is Portugese so I'm guessing it was by Bebel Gilberto. That was followed by I Put A Spell On You and then something that sounded suspiciously like *sharp intake of breath* Bob Dylan. Then that tune Underwater Love followed by something downbeat and electronic that I don't know.

Next are Sunday Morning by Lou Reed/Velvet Underground and Tired of Being Alone by the Rev Al Green, followed by something else downbeat, ethereal and electronic. Black Cherry? Isn't that by what's her face - the mad bird? Good so far.

Last ones now. Next was a tune by Air (I think) but I can't remember which one it is. Then something that sounds a bit like Joe Strummer and has to be called Jimmy Jazz, follwed by an ace instrumental version of The Girl From Ipanema. Then Cupid Draw Back Your Bow. It sounds very much like Amy Winehouse doing it - which is ace. Last track is a cover of Take Another Little Piece of My Heart.

Two good CDs overall, with the hits far outnumbering the misses. Thanks Santa.