You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Goodfellas

Carradona

12 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Tommy used to just kill random people in the street, sometimes just to test a new gun. A guy could be walking home from work and bang dead, life over because of some fucking retarded psycho.  They reckon it was john gotti who actually killed Tommy because he was friends with Billy Batts and Henry said he heard it was a slow painful death. 

The scene were Tommy is driven to the house  in the film was filmed by my mates house in Bay Ridge Brooklyn 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Cropsy said:

As good as the movie is, it's almost a comedy in comparison to the real deal. There's documentries on youtube about Jimmy Burke and Henry Hill. Well worth a watch if you want to know how messed up these guys really were

Have you read Donnie Brasco? 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Have you read Donnie Brasco? 

No I haven't mate. I do enjoy watching documentries on mafia members. Brasco was the under cover cop that ended up building a bond the the mobsters he was spying on, is that somewhat accurate?

2 minutes ago, Cropsy said:

No I haven't mate. I do enjoy watching documentries on mafia members. Brasco was the under cover cop that ended up building a bond the the mobsters he was spying on, is that somewhat accurate?

Yeah he spends about 5 years with them and pretty much ends up turning into one of them. The film is very good but (as usual) the book is mind blowing. It lags in the middle because your just reading about glorified violence but towards the end you can't put it down. Better story than Henry Hills for Mafia gear. 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah he spends about 5 years with them and pretty much ends up turning into one of them. The film is very good but (as usual) the book is mind blowing. It lags in the middle because your just reading about glorified violence but towards the end you can't put it down. Better story than Henry Hills for Mafia gear. 

Sounds Awesome. Have you watched the Jimmy Burke documentary on Youtube? That was one scary mf'er lol

3 hours ago, Cropsy said:

As good as the movie is, it's almost a comedy in comparison to the real deal. There's documentries on youtube about Jimmy Burke and Henry Hill. Well worth a watch if you want to know how messed up these guys really were

Yeah, I'm sure I read that Jimmy Burke would stick kids of his enemies in those big freezers.

14 hours ago, Elite said:

Yeah, I'm sure I read that Jimmy Burke would stick kids of his enemies in those big freezers.

Yeah if anyone who owed him money hadn't paid he'd kidnap their kids and lock them in freezers. He was suspected of killing over 80 people but only convicted of 1

19 hours ago, Cropsy said:

The book,Donnie Brasco by Joe Pistone,is a far better effort than the film despite the film being half decent.

11 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

The book,Donnie Brasco by Joe Pistone,is a far better effort than the film despite the film being half decent.

I tend to find that with most movies. One book I've been reading is Gangsters and Goodfellas. Henry Hill's life in the witness protection. He goes into a bit more detail about the Vario crew and the near hits on his life. Fascinating how people could live the way these mobsters did.

3 hours ago, Cropsy said:

I tend to find that with most movies. One book I've been reading is Gangsters and Goodfellas. Henry Hill's life in the witness protection. He goes into a bit more detail about the Vario crew and the near hits on his life. Fascinating how people could live the way these mobsters did.

The films and the books are poles apart really. The films glorify it all. The books remind you what vile fuckers these lot were. Still, they don't grass and thats enough for me. Oh ... hang on 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The films and the books are poles apart really. The films glorify it all. The books remind you what vile fuckers these lot were. Still, they don't grass and thats enough for me. Oh ... hang on 

The film's make them all look cool as fuck, Scorcese deffo wanted to be a wiseguy.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Think this is a pretty nice homage, especially the "you gotta go home":

On 06/08/2016 at 08:41, Fowlers God said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

All four photos are wonderful, but that second one with Karen and her daughter while Henry is with their other is absolutely gorgeous. Scorsese is an artist.

He really is really yes. the films glorify the horrible things the characters did and their lifestyle but that’s how the young guys saw them, it’s what they aspired to be. I struggle to think of a better movie even if it

does stray from the reality of it all a little.

• 4 months later...
29 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Just so some thick twat can go "is that Corbyn?" 

It is a bit like the labour party

Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?'

• 1 month later...