You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kicking off in Italy

Cardie

Yeah it looked like a right shithole. Yet, the cities look so upper class and amazing. That's what a Tory like government gets you.

The north (like Turin) is supposed to be an absolute grim industrial hole of the highest order.

There's actually an independence movement centered around Venice too, they hate the southerners and actually dish out racist abuse to them based on the fact that their skin is slightly darker!

Bunch of racist, facist, scooter riding, arse stabbing, judge murdering cowardly organised crime twats.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Livorno are left-wing, as are atalanta.

Remember seeing a bbc documentary following lazio fans to livorno away. The lazio fans went ape shit when the livorno fans raised a big che guevara flag.

It was sick knowing that Livorno used to racially abuse their only black player. And supposedly lit a crucifix on fire in his front garden. Fucking fascist pigs.

Bizarre country Italy, if you go there they are all allegedly staunch Catholics, don't really have a drinking culture and are very family orientated. You'll never see any gangs of bladdered teenagers hanging about the streets and most Italian males come across as a bunch of pussies who would run away if you said boo to them. Yet football seems to turn them into complete mentalists.

Most don't bother travelling abroad to watch their teams unless it is a final aand some don't bother even turning up for home games, hardly ever seen the Stadio Olympico full for midweek games. Maybe it is the poor quality of over defensive football that makes them stay away and have rucks with opposition fans. It's about time they got banned from Europe.

Bizarre country Italy, if you go there they are all allegedly staunch Catholics, don't really have a drinking culture and are very family orientated. You'll never see any gangs of bladdered teenagers hanging about the streets and most Italian males come across as a bunch of pussies who would run away if you said boo to them. Yet football seems to turn them into complete mentalists.

Most don't bother travelling abroad to watch their teams unless it is a final aand some don't bother even turning up for home games, hardly ever seen the Stadio Olympico full for midweek games. Maybe it is the poor quality of over defensive football that makes them stay away and have rucks with opposition fans. It's about time they got banned from Europe.

If only, but it'll never happen due to the pure corruption factor of UEFA and all things Italian.

Three of their clubs get banned from Europe, two weeks later the coach of one of them 'falls' out of a two story window, then the match-fixing penalties are reduced to virtually fuck all with one of said clubs actually winning the fucking thing.

Leeds have been punished more heavily than them just for being skint and yet Platini treats us as the problem child of Europe.

Guess who's got a pocket full of diamonds?

"I'm not saying I'm accepting them...I'm just saying I'm not comfortable with them on the table."

Every year something happens in Italy, last year it was the Manc battering, the copper getting killed, year before it was the ref getting hit with a coin on the head, their fans (and players) are racist, clubs are corrupt fixing matches and end up in millions of debt. Virtually every English team that goes over there gets stabbed and beaten by massive numbers of Italians while the police let it happen.

I'm sure Italian fathers love taking their kids to the game "look at those big lads son, when you grow up you'll be able to shout at black people and drive past on your scooter slashing horrible English people with your stanley knife I got you for Christmas"

Anyone ever been to an Italian game? Are all matches littered with crowd trouble?

My dad and younger brother are going out to the Inter Milan versus Juventus game at easter, so all this seems a bit frightening!

Yep - went to a Roma-Lecce one in 2003, they were throwing bricks at the Lecce fans and calling them something along the lines of what we call woolybacks and how they mess with sheep. They fired rockets at the police dogs and constantly baited the police, yet when the police had a go at them they legged it pretty sharpish. Also went to one when I was 14 - Lazio were playing Pescara and some Lazio fan got mauled by an police alsatian outside, the dog was more like a werewolf so it must have hurt!.

Best thing to do is not to go in with the home or away fans and just sit in an area like our main stand at Anfield. If you're booking through an agency they will normally sit you in a safer area. I'd never go in the Curva Nord/Sud with the hardcore, you're just asking to get stabbed.

Leeds have been punished more heavily than them just for being skint and yet Platini treats us as the problem child of Europe.

I'm no fan of Juventus but they were relegated, had a 15 point reduction (granted it was reduced to 8), and were stripped of their scudetto (maybe 2?).

Leeds were in no way punished more heavily.

Anyone ever been to an Italian game? Are all matches littered with crowd trouble?

My dad and younger brother are going out to the Inter Milan versus Juventus game at easter, so all this seems a bit frightening!

Been to watch Ascoli a few times as I am out that way a fair bit. Usually okay, but game against Roma a couple of years back was very unpleasant, if unsurprising. Rocks and umbrellas (not funny when they are spearing through the air from 30ft above your head!) were raining down on us as we tried to cross the car park after the game, and the Roma contingent were generally psychotic.

I love Italy, and have many Italian friends, but it is a complex place. There are many things that contribute to the problems they face, but an extremely strong local/regional identity, and a deep mistrust and dislike of state authority, are the two things that I think play a significant role.

Yes I've been at 2. One game there was no trouble at all, Milan v Empoli, but Roma v Fiorentina years ago The Roma fans were throwing all kinds of stuff into the away fans end, who tried to fight back but got no further than the fence.

Does it have anything to do with fascism etc or are they all just loons?

Its a mixture to be honest. Politics will always be a part of football in Italy. If you walk around Rome you will see political grafiti left, right and centre relating to both clubs.

I lived there for a few months and went to a few games with friends I made over there. The Irriducibilli maintain that they just have a good friendly relationship with the far right and supporting Lazio has nothing to do with fascism but you always find members of the Forza Nuova (Italian national front) "canvasing" at games.

However a fair percentage are just loons looking for a scrap. Im telling you now there will be fucking murder over this killing at games for a good while.

...umbrellas (not funny when they are spearing through the air from 30ft above your head!) were raining down on us as we tried to cross the car park after the game...

Javelins then, basically? Nice touch.

Has that twat Gailliard from UEFA commented on this yet? I wont hold my breath!

He won't neither will UEFA. It's technically nothing to do with them.

When has that ever stopped him?