You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares

Harry Squatter

Anyone watched any of this? - I used to think he was a complete and utter fascist bully boy but now I'm starting to like him the way he comes in and sorts people with massive egos out and gives massively deluded people a reality bomb.

Saw his first American episode and he went to a place in New Jersey ran by a brother and sister, the sister was on the verge of a nervous breakdown after having done all of the legwork yet her brother thought he was something out of Goodfellas going round in his $3000 suits talking to the customers and shouting at the kitchen staff and waitresses, taking cash out the till without putting any work in. He got the biggest shock of his life when Ramsay said the place would work better if he just F***ed off! Class.

Watching him have a go at failing businesses is one thing - after all he's been pretty successful (although he keeps quiet about his Glasgow restaurant which failed), but he is a twat for the way he lays into people who hwve little or no cookery experience on programmes like The F Word, or Hell's Kitchen.

Watching him have a go at failing businesses is one thing - after all he's been pretty successful (although he keeps quiet about his Glasgow restaurant which failed), but he is a twat for the way he lays into people who hwve little or no cookery experience on programmes like The F Word, or Hell's Kitchen.

Can't be arsed with those two.

I remember in one of the kitchen nightmares early episodes, the restaurant went bust and he did relate it to his own experiences in Glasgow - they showed clips of the opening etc.

Haven't seen the Yank one (What channel is that on?) but have been watching the UK one.

The bird last week with the restaurant in Paris was a right spoilt little bitch. He basically comes in and turns around the place, then she decides she can't be arsed after all and Daddy bails her out.

I think it will be on Channel 4 but if you have Youtube you can watch that episode on it.

Yep, she was a dozy bint, dunno why she even bothered asking for his help. The one set in Woolton was funny when he laid into the owners daughter who thought she was a model and would just swan around the place doing nothing

He is ace Gordon. He can be truly inspirational on some of the Ramsay Nightmares esp when he takes one of the young apprentices under his wing and builds their confidence and grooms them to replace the inept head chef.

My only gripe is that on the F word he swears in front of his young kids. As for being a twat to the people who go on the programme they all know what they are letting themselves in for. Its all part of the game.

Oh hell Wozza has just come onto ITV with his Saturday Cooks. might have to watch the end of the lord mayor's show waiting for footie focus

saw the paris one. I guess he gets really wound up by seeing someone like that with daddy funding her life and the way he made it.

he made something like 400 euro in an afternoon selling cheese on toast and tomato soup.

one spoilt brat she was. great to see the young cook get an job in his london place at the end.

I really like Gordon because he is willing to do shit like that. Oh, also... Most of those people on the Hells Kitchen and such have plenty of culinary experience(sous chefs, executive chefs, line cooks, etc.) so they are expected to be able to do things properly from the start and they usually don't.

Really want to watch that Paris nightmares now.

I really like Gordon because he is willing to do shit like that. Oh, also... Most of those people on the Hells Kitchen and such have plenty of culinary experience(sous chefs, executive chefs, line cooks, etc.) so they are expected to be able to do things properly from the start and they usually don't.

Really want to watch that Paris nightmares now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LKIN1hsdYk

Love the way that most chefs' are bad tempered, my mate is one in a prison and he screams abuse at the inmates who help him out. It's the only time he'd ever be able to scream abuse at a noggzy soldier without getting shot!

I also worked in a place in waterloo where the chef and head waiter had a steven seagal style knife fight in an open kitchen in full view of the customers. The chef roared at the waiter for cocking up an order, the waiter ended up having the bridge of his nose cut open in the fight yet still carried on serving the customers after the fight finished!.

He's an absolute genius of man-management. He attracts almost unprecedented loyalty from the staff he supposedly bullies and is unbelievably generous in repaying their efforts. He's created going on ten millionaire Michelin-starred chefs from within his own kitchens and he's still only in his 40s. I'd love to eat at his restaurant, although unfortunately the days of him being in the kitchen there are now few and far between.

• 10 years later...

Gordon Ramsay is a small screen God. These programmes are so predictable and formulaic and yet remain compulsive viewing. Purely down to our Gordon’s incendiary charisma. The insults. The shameless flirting with waitresses. The demolition of the proprietors’ ego only to make a Lazarus style resurrection in the final act. The walk in freezer moment where the decay and dereliction of the establishment is exposed before our very eyes, much like the unnecessary and gratuitous shot of Gordon changing into his chef whites or flashing his arse in the shower in Hotel Hell. The Americans make more watchable subjects in these series due to their overly emotional and sentimental characteristics. Fantastic telly. The raw onion in a French onion soup featuring Elk Man is a tale that will be passed down through the generations it is that funny.
Hotel Hell edges it for me purely for its surreal comedic moments. Gordon confidently handing out the spunk goggles to the owners and guests before surveying the carnage under a UV light. He is in no doubt that we are witnessing a hotel room saturated in bollock champagne. The shame of the owners is palpable. The disgust of the guests barely concealed as he also remarks on the high concentration of sex offenders residing nearby the unlocked hotel. Sensational. 
I would also recommend Boiling Point a documentary made relatively early in his career when he is under the strain of launching his first solo restaurant and striving to obtain the obsessively and vaunted Michelin stars he covets so much. Needless to say he loses his shit on multiple occasions with everyone and everything but his brigade remain incredibly loyal.
Amazing scenes. We are truly blessed to be living in an age where we are able to enjoy such a special talent. Gordon I salute you lad. Keep on keeping on my man.

• Upvote 7