You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Why do so many hate Riise?

Paco

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With regard to his football ability (which is all he should be judged on because that's what he is - a footballer), I think he suffers because he is not suited to a particular position.

At left back he struggles because he has no positional sense and can't tackle, at left midfield he can dribble okay and score a few goals but his crossing is poor and he doesn't create enough. In summary, he is not good enough in any position for a team hoping to win the league although he is good enough as first reserve.

A LIVERPOOL footballer. Which makes some of his other actions inexcusable.

I think Riise is a good player that has served the club well but I think Liverpool need to start moving for a top players in all the positions not just LB/LWB.

I know I will probably be shot but I think we need to start seriously thinking about a long term replacement for Carragher aswell.. so that he will have time to settle in before we move Carra as the covering CB.

Hyypia is too slow for a covering CB and should be offloaded as soon as we get a top CB.

bang

Good squad player, can play solidly all up the left side and is rarely injured and rarely makes catastrophic errors that lead to goals.

No objection to bringing in a better left back (even if we do already have one who's broken all the time) but wouldn't get rid of him.

1. He's defensively dreadful.

2. He's attackingly medicore.

3. He's ginger.

4. He's a bit of a Billy Big Bollocks.

5. He's a text sex pest.

6. He sold his Champions League winners medal on Ebay.

7. He doesn't even score any goals anymore.

8. He's ridiculously one footed.

9. He's ginger.

10. He's the third best left back in our squad.

11. His dips in form last for several months.

12. He's somehow managed to be nearly bankrupt despite earning more in a week than most people earn in a year.

you know your ginge man

has he always been shit or just shit recently?

problem for me is in the far away past, if you where shit you went in the reses to get your form back,as they hardly seem to play now that doesn't happen,think rafa sticks with out of form players to get there confidence back,which when a lot are doing it hurts us.

however on the postive side-come on you fuckin red men

He might have good options right, left and centre, still from 5o yards out shoots people on Annie Road Upper. In other words no awareness. He's got no flair. He's got no speed. He's hopelessly one-footed. His positioning as a back is dreadful. He can't tackle a fish supper. Apart from that he's one hell of a player.

With regard to his football ability (which is all he should be judged on because that's what he is - a footballer), I think he suffers because he is not suited to a particular position.

At left back he struggles because he has no positional sense and can't tackle, at left midfield he can dribble okay and score a few goals but his crossing is poor and he doesn't create enough. In summary, he is not good enough in any position for a team hoping to win the league although he is good enough as first reserve.

That would be the reason.

Recently I have noticed a lot of hatred towards Ginger. Even carragher called him a fucking arsehole and a prick on saturday when he put the defence under pressure with a loose pass.

I don't think he has played that bad in the last 2 games yet a lot of you think he's been atrocious.

Whats the story? is it because he's ginger or because he leaves his wage slips lying around so people can see how lucky he is earning a premiership footballers salary?

is the hate football related or do you just not like Ginge?

Nope, his inability to kick with his right foot, gets caught out of position too often and his general stupid attitude all contribute to his lasting impression shall we say.

He's regressed as a player during his time at Liverpool. When he arrived, he looked a genuine threat with the ball at his feet. He seemed to have good touch, capable of beating players. Yet if they dropped off him, he had that killer shot.

Now, he seems to have lost pace so he doesn't beat players anymore. His touch seems to have departed him and he is reduced to booting the ball upfield.

The only reason anyone rates him is because every 20 games or so, he steps up and scores a cracking goal that everyone keeps talking about for the next 20 games, in which he produces nothing, and then scores again.