You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Memories.

Kev Saunderson

Was watching the new video of the 501 goals last ight and when it come to the John Barnes section I was nearly in tears at what we once had.

The man was a legend and his goals were just awesome.

Remember, The Freekick against The Arse 89/90? His Double against QPR in 87/88, his right footers against Villa & Everton in the same season as one another........The man was a legend. Full stop.

With regards to a new midfield signing, we need someone like JB. But Who???? Ronaldinho, Denilson, Duff, Kewell, Rivaldo or Figo???

None of them are fit enough to lace the mans boots but they are probably the best wide men around. But I would really love to see Joe Cole in the red shirt.

[%sig%]

still remember diggers debut at Arsenal , Beardo linked up with digger great cross for Aldo to head home , then stevie nicol heading home from 20 yards out for the winner in the last minute, went home from that game knowing we were in for a magical season.

Guest Garry

I met Johny Barnes when he was in his last season for ya!we were playin man u away and he told me that all the lads wanted us to win as none ov them could stand Sir Alice Ferguson and he also tried to strangle me lol as i asked him what his fav game was and he said when we beat everton,i went when was the last time u did that?(when we were unbeaten against ya in the mid 90s)lol oh well class player and how you are crying out for a player of his class.

1987-88 was the first season I moved from the Kop into the Kemlyn Rd.

Our seats were right by the Kop and it was perfect for watching Digger skinning the defnders EVERY SINGLE GAME!

It was worth the entrance fee just to watch him alone that season and when you think of the quality throughout that team I can think of no bigger compliment to pay him than that.

[%sig%]

rashid ,you really are a gobshite !!!! what does GH have to do with a thread about Digger ??? Read this thread .it is specifically to do with JOHN BARNES...NOT GH

You might be the bees knees with yer mate drunken over on kraptalk and get the responses you so desperatly crave but there is no need to come on here and ransack EVERY single thread with your petty inaccurate opinions .

[%sig%]

ahhh ,the Humour ..the wit...the intelligence

You are a ticket dannyboy .

So there we have it , a witty bitter blue half Irish Racist bastard.

That shovel is there for you ,so just keep on diggen yer hole

[%sig%]