You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How good is Dirk (Paco style)?

Paul

How good is Dirk?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. How good is Dirk?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats shite and you know it. This was our 11th game in the league, none of our strikers has really been on fire, and some are going trough a rather bad patch of form.

We as supporters need to get behind the team and the players, there wont be any changes in the playing staff until January anyway, and slagging our players off and calling them cunts wont help.

Thats shite and you know it. This was our 11th game in the league, none of our strikers has really been on fire, and some are going trough a rather bad patch of form.

We as supporters need to get behind the team and the players, there wont be any changes in the playing staff until January anyway, and slagging our players off and calling them cunts wont help.

I agree with what your saying to a degree however when one player is being picked over another to the detrement of the whole team then its very difficult not to be upset with the poor decision the manager is making and when its so clear to everyone bar the manager its a bad decision one has to question the Manager's motives

I agree with what your saying to a degree however when one player is being picked over another to the determent of the whole team then its very difficult not to be upset with the poor decision the manager is making and when its so clear to everyone bar the manager its a bad decision one has to question the Manager's motives

I agree with all that, but we have to look at why certain players aren't being picked, in this case Crouch. If we take the Blackburn match, Voronin wasn't playing because of his wife having a baby. Torres was still injured.

As for Crouch there could be several reasons, one, he played against Cardiff, and with Rafa placing much of his team selection on fitness he didn't want to start Crouch in back to back matches. Two, Tom R spoke about a 100 game clause in his transfer (although Tim didn't concur) so if we are going to sell

him in January having to shell out for 100 matches played could be considered

unnecessary. Three, Rafa for whatever reason doesn't like him, and therefor is unwilling to play him, while this seems uncharacteristic of our manager (win at all cost) who knows.

Now I'm not saying Rafa is right in not playing Crouch, as I would in fact like to see him used more as I feel he brings something to the team. Which was clear for everybody to see last night, all the high ball punted up the field suddenly found a target and stayed up there, allowing the team to push up.

But the fact of the matter is, just as Crouch needed our support in the beginning of his Liverpool career, Dirk needs our support now.

I agree with all that, but we have to look at why certain players aren't being picked, in this case Crouch. If we take the Blackburn match, Voronin wasn't playing because of his wife having a baby. Torres was still injured.

As for Crouch there could be several reasons, one, he played against Cardiff, and with Rafa placing much of his team selection on fitness he didn't want to start Crouch in back to back matches. Two, Tom R spoke about a 100 game clause in his transfer (although Tim didn't concur) so if we are going to sell

him in January having to shell out for 100 matches played could be considered

unnecessary. Three, Rafa for whatever reason doesn't like him, and therefor is unwilling to play him, while this seems uncharacteristic of our manager (win at all cost) who knows.

Now I'm not saying Rafa is right in not playing Crouch, as I would in fact like to see him used more as I feel he brings something to the team. Which was clear for everybody to see last night, all the high ball punted up the field suddenly found a target and stayed up there, allowing the team to push up.

But the fact of the matter is, just as Crouch needed our support in the beginning of his Liverpool career, Dirk needs our support now.

You've got to be shitting me right, we havent become that small time a club

The whole Kuyt thing bugs me at the moment as basically I don't think anyone would deny that he is playing poorly. Some random comments on that situation

1) I do not think that makes him a bad player - he is just in a bad patch.

2) I think Rafa should leave him out (and play Crouch) - but for some reason he won't. A few games in the reserves (scoring goals for fun again hopefully) and his confidence will be back up again for a return to the first team.

3) 2 things I don't think should happen - a) selling him b) so called supporters giving him stick here or on the pitch

4) I am not sure we are currently playing him in his best role as he is not suited to being a wide player or a sole striker - he is best I think as a striker who stays in the box and plays with a partner with the aim of scoring as many goals as possible!! Also his enthusiasm to close down defenders and be our first line of defence should be utilised as that is one of his strengths

I must come clean - I am a Dirk fan and if asked would probably say he was my fav player for his great attitude on and off the pitch but even I say leave him out for goodness sakes Rafa, as keeping on playing him at present is doing him no good.