You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

No, mate. They have been noted this season for their Israeli flags. They’ve been out in force in games in the CL. 

I've honestly never heard it mentioned, not on here or anywhere on Twitter. Asked a spurs fan who sits by me and he's never heard of it either and said there were none in their end at the final that he knows of. I think it's very charitable to attribute his comments to a tiny section of Spurs fans supposedly having Israel flags.

2 hours ago, moof said:

You can link Tottenham to Israel by the fact that Tottenham fans wave Israel flags at the match. Israel is an apartheid state. The flag represents a racist settler colony. It doesn’t represent Jews 

conflating israel with Jews actually is antisemitic 

Referring to Jewish self-determination in their homeland as a "racist settler colony" is unambiguously antisemitic. They're returning natives, not immigrants.

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I've honestly never heard it mentioned, not on here or anywhere on Twitter. Asked a spurs fan who sits by me and he's never heard of it either and said there were none in their end at the final that he knows of. I think it's very charitable to attribute his comments to a tiny section of Spurs fans supposedly having Israel flags.

Do a Google image search of Tottenham Israel flag. And note the pictures of fans with an actual Israel flag, as opposed to a Spurs banner featuring a star of David. Obviously, they're entitled to display either of these flags. Just like Galloway is allowed to say he doesn't, personally, wish to see that flag waved in a celebratory fashion, without having cheap Hasbara tactics used against him. 

11 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Do a Google image search of Tottenham Israel flag. And note the pictures of fans with an actual Israel flag, as opposed to a Spurs banner featuring a star of David. Obviously, they're entitled to display either of these flags. Just like Galloway is allowed to say he doesn't, personally, wish to see that flag waved in a celebratory fashion, without having cheap Hasbara tactics used against him. 

The thing is, he's going to sue a lot of people and win over this. Will the state then be racist against Jews, too? Just the judge? It's fucking ridiculous. I hate the depths to which these people, like Rico, will stoop in order to snipe at those they hate. 

11 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Yes, I’d already googled that before I commented. The first five or six images are clearly of Ajax fans on articles about both clubs Jewish heritage. Apart from that there is the odd person with a tiny flag.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest Israel flags would have had anything to do with Spurs celebrations if they had won. To be honest you seem a bit unhinged when it comes to Israel so I’d rather not discuss it with you.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

The thing is, he's going to sue a lot of people and win over this. Will the state then be racist against Jews, too? Just the judge? It's fucking ridiculous. I hate the depths to which these people, like Rico, will stoop in order to snipe at those they hate. 

Tenner to the HJC he doesn’t win any libel cases over this? If it’s someone’s reasonably held belief that what he said is anti-Semitic then I don’t see him getting anywhere.

6 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

No it isn't. Jews are indigenous to that part of the world. How can it be denied?

Because it's absolutely fucking ridiculous. Returning... oh aye, what was the name of the person who left and at what time did he or she return? Also, I'm off to invade [insert any place in the world] because somewhere in my DNA there's a link to some people coming from somewhere. Catch you in a bit. Off to return to my homeland, slaughter a few people, and have a solid set of defenders on here. 

It's fucking ridiculous. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Numero Veinticinco said:

Because it's absolutely fucking ridiculous. Returning... oh aye, what was the name of the person who left and at what time did he or she return? 

I'm sure you're well aware of the history of the Jewish diaspora, so I don't know why you're asking such stupid questions.

Just now, Sixtimes Dog said:

I'm sure you're well aware of the history of the Jewish diaspora, so I don't know why you're asking such stupid questions.

I am well aware of the entire situation, that's why. 

This thread is going to make my burst a blood vessel. Meh. whatever, I'm over this shit. I'm off to gloat at the Klopp doubters. 

7 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I am well aware of the entire situation, that's why. 

This thread is going to make my burst a blood vessel. Meh. whatever, I'm over this shit. I'm off to gloat at the Klopp doubters. 

There's no need to burst anything or anyone. I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from.

This principle of people being able to return to land their ancestors were forced to vacate has implications for the descendants of displaced Palestinians too. Hardly any of the Palestinian refugees in camps in Lebanon, Syria etc (where they are treated disgracefully, btw) were actually born in Palestine, but we would surely agree they should have a right to return to the Palestinian territories.

27 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Yes, I’d already googled that before I commented. The first five or six images are clearly of Ajax fans on articles about both clubs Jewish heritage. Apart from that there is the odd person with a tiny flag.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest Israel flags would have had anything to do with Spurs celebrations if they had won. To be honest you seem a bit unhinged when it comes to Israel so I’d rather not discuss it with you.

Sound. You seem like a cunt. No skin off my nose. 

• Downvote 2

30 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Only Israel? 

7 hours ago, sir roger said:

This was the worry expressed by a lot of people when the new rules on anti-semitism were being adopted in full. Despite the promise that it would not be used to dampen criticism of Israel by conflating it with anti-semitism, this is obviously the road that is being actively pursued by the likes of BoD and LFI.

The IHRA Working Definition makes reasonably clear - and Labour’s proposed Code of Conduct (which was stupidly overturned by an anti-Corbyn mob) made perfectly clear - that justified criticism of Israel is perfectly acceptable, but conflation of Israel and "the Jews" - as in Galloway's tweet - is racist as fuck.

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

The IHRA Working Definition makes reasonably clear - and Labour’s proposed Code of Conduct (which was stupidly overturned by an anti-Corbyn mob) made perfectly clear - that justified criticism of Israel is perfectly acceptable, but conflation of Israel and "the Jews" - as in Galloway's tweet - is racist as fuck.

Where did he do that? 

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Except, as should be obvious, he did not conflate them. He didn’t even mention them, much less conflate them.