You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is a complete self publicising sanctimonious wanker. A traitor and a leech on a leech on the boil on a leeches arse on society.

I would love to meet the cunt and punch the nose of his to the back of his head.

Respect. Fuck off you odoius turd of a person.

This is very true. He and his wife also made a fair wedge trading with Saddam, which he has tried to cover up with his vocal opposition to the Iraq war. But he did once say "Brown and Blair are two cheeks of the same arse." Which I found quite amusing.

• 2 years later...
Guest Numero Veinticinco
Christopher Hitchens is worth listening to on the subject of "Gorgeous George".

Galloway is a little Stalinist turd. He's almost enough to make you support the Iraq war. Almost.

Hitchens isn't worth listening to on much other than whiskey recommendation. I have no idea why those that still do continue to praise him. Neo-Con shitbag.

Anyway, the reason I bumped this thread is that his radio show has been cancelled. A seemly strange decision, considering how popular it was.

After a run of more than four years the highly popular radio show - The Mother of All Talkshows - has been killed off by the TalkSport management.

I believe this is a business mistake, but then I don't run the radio station and such decisions are not mine to take. I will always be grateful to TalkSport for giving me the opportunity to launch the Mother of All Talkshows, and particularly to Bill Ridley and Sean Dilley who got me started there. Both taught me a lot - and Ridley encouraged what became my trademark - a stand up delivery which gave the thing its public platform feel.

The show became something of a phenomenon. An audience of hundreds of thousands of people switched off their televisions or gave up going out, on Fridays and Saturdays between 10pm and 1am. These impressive listenership figures nonetheless under-stated the audience. For statistical reasons the Friday night show was counted in with Ian Collins Sunday to Thursday audience then averaged out. Anyone who has heard Collins show and heard the Friday night MOATS will understand how seriously that must have skewed the audience figures. The show's huge popularity amongst minority ethnic communities was also difficult fully to catch with the blunt instrument of Rajar market research. And the substantial listenership in other countries on the internet was of course not counted at all.

All in all the show became something of real importance to the people who listened and contributed, whether they agreed with its political thrust or not.

It will be obvious that I consider its demise premature, and I am determined to try to keep it alive. It is unlikely that the TalkSport management will change their mind and re-instate the show - but you never know. They say they want me to stay at the station, but they have not said for what when or how. Other stations are interested but TalkSport's national platform is unique. The BBC doesn't allow presenters to have a point of view. For all its faults TalkSport was special in that, even if now all the points of view are of one particular kind. There is no-one left to speak up for the BA strikers, the Palestinians, or to speak out against the wars to mention just a few of the most obvious.

That there IS an audience which either supports my views on these kind of issues, or that just wants to hear these views aired, is self-evident. So..

I'm going to launch an internet radio station. It will be called Rebel radio, it will host the Mother of All Talk Shows as well as other shows by me and other rebel voices, including radicals from other sides in politics. It will be free speech radio, beyond Ofcom and the kind of fate which killed off Top Cat on TalkSport. It will be controversial, funny, campaigning, informative, it will be Talk radio for thinking people. It will be radical and above all it will never ever be dull. In the beginning it will have to paid for by donations or by subscriptions or by both, we're working on that. If we can build and show a substantial audience, advertisers and sponsors may be attracted. But one way or another we will launch this rebel radio. The radio insurrection will begin soon. Stay tuned register your interest and be ready. Its just over the rainbow. And we are all going to get there, together.

• 5 months later...
Guest Numero Veinticinco
This is very true. He and his wife also made a fair wedge trading with Saddam, which he has tried to cover up with his vocal opposition to the Iraq war. But he did once say "Brown and Blair are two cheeks of the same arse." Which I found quite amusing.

You know he won a shit load of money fighting those false allegations, don't you?

Anyway, I'm glad to see his show back. He's very experienced and very knowledgeable.

His radio shows been brought back, always thought he's one of the best orator's I've heard and the one person who's made me remotely interested in politics. The man seems to care about what he says and the taking apart of the senate was truly a great spectacle.

Whatever anyone thinks of the bloke, you have to hand him that. He fucking destroyed them. Going to have to see if there's a youtube clip of that somewhere.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Whatever anyone thinks of the bloke, you have to hand him that. He fucking destroyed them. Going to have to see if there's a youtube clip of that somewhere.

Ripped sky news apart, too.

249JaIaubVw

I think he is a bit of a prick to be honest, he may be a very skill orator but so is Cameron, and so is Andrew Neil etc.

He has some interesting things to say, and highlights issues that otherwise would be ignored, but he often reminds me of that Paul Calf joke when he says he is a feminist because 'You have to be nowdays to get your end away'!

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I think he is a bit of a prick to be honest, he may be a very skill orator but so is Cameron

Erm, no he isn't!

He has some interesting things to say, and highlights issues that otherwise would be ignored, but he often reminds me of that Paul Calf joke when he says he is a feminist because 'You have to be nowdays to get your end away'!

To be fair to him, he's got a long record of opposing wars - and being proven right about them over time - and fighting for the Palestinian cause. Disagreeing with him or thinking he's a bit of a twat (and, to be honest, I think he's a bit of a knob at times) is one thing, but it's hard to imply he doesn't actually believe in what he believes. He's pretty consistent. Whether he's consistently a cunt or not is up to the individual to decide.

Whenever I see someone like, Chomsky, Pilger, Milne etc I always get the feeling that they are honest about their cause, I might disagree with them but I can't imagine any of them dressing up in a spandex leotard, purring like a cat on a show primarily focussed on attention seeking retards!

Take BB away, and he would be simply a self promoting narcissist, but you can't! That is why to me, I suspect their is a hint of cool causes about him.

Maybe totally unjustified, but the suspicion is there.

It was great to see sky news being given a taste of its own medicine.

He ripped her 'a new one,' as our US friends say.

He makes some great points but i find it crass that he refers to deaths as 'a bloody good hiding.'

Thats not right although the palestinian families also deserve sympathy.

Its such a complicated conflict thats its hard to fathom what goes on in the minds of both sides of the fence.

Galloway does seem a bit of a prick but he seems to know what hes talking about.

Erm, no he isn't!

Did you see Cameron's attempt at a Rooney gag at the GQ Awards*?

I thought it was a bit of mischievous dubbing at first, but it appears genuine. Worra cock.

Cameron is just about adequate, for the level he is operating in. May be my own prejudices at work there, but one thing I don't think he is, is particularly skilled at being believable or warming to a crowd.

*I think it was GQ anyway, not entirely sure

I must admit, I have it wrong over Cameron!

I think the confidence in public speaking is something that is installed in posh twats from an early age, on reflection confidence doesn't equate to intelligent arguments like those put forward by Galloway.

And would Cameron have made those comments about a Will Carling? Or Lawrence Dallaglio the drug dealer? Would he fuck!

Ripped sky news apart, too.

249JaIaubVw

Not hard to rip a Sky News presenter but even Paxman would have a hard time with him. He makes such a great point in how Israeli blood is more valuable than Lebanese/Palestinian referring to the fact as to how biased some media outlets are towards Israel.

I think he is a bit of a prick to be honest, he may be a very skill orator but so is Cameron, and so is Andrew Neil etc.

Jesus wept

Galloway can be an absolute idiot at times, but he's one of very few people in the political sphere who I think has integrity and consistency on the big issues.

I agree. His manner and voice is not easy on the eye but his points are consistant and knows the issue he talks about in great detail.

Jesus wept

That will be because he is nailed to a fucking cross!

But in all fairness, you, and others, are right it was a stupid thing to say! As I say, I think I have confused confidence in public speaking with Oratory.

I was trying to put accross the argument that, Oratory can sometimes see a certain point of view becoming prevalent because of how it is spoken rather than what is said! (although saying that I can't seem to use these 'words' to explain myself!)