You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

10 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Whether or not you like what he said I think a lot of people are getting sick of this being the way that disputes are settled. Galloway will try to get his own platform and at least that will be outrage mob proof.

He needs the outrage to get his own platform though, that's how it works. He's descending into a typical alt figure desperate to remain relevant; deliberately provocative statements like his tweet are the means to do so.

Like other figures intending to provoke a reaction, he's practically rolling out the red carpet for the mob, as without them he - like a Hopkins or Jones - is nothing.

Our cup win had fuck all to do with him, Israel or the price of eggs, but he's a smart man and he knows how to play the attention game.

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

A tiny minority show Israel flags. They're not going to get on to the cup.

Liverpool fans sometimes fly Egypt flags. The current Egyptian regime is abhorrent, but nobody is suggesting that as a reason for wanting Liverpool to lose.

Yeah, fair enough. I think it was unnecessarily daft and inflammatory, but not racist or antisemitic 

5 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Egypt isn't a "homeland for Muslims" as you well know, you disingenuous turd.

It's a homeland for Egyptians, 9 in 10 of whom are Muslim. Islam is the state religion. That's not disingenuous, it's a fact.

9 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

It's a homeland for Egyptians, 9 in 10 of whom are Muslim. Islam is the state religion. That's not disingenuous, it's a fact.

Yes. Those things are facts. What you said before isn’t, it’s verifiably false and manufactured by you. Typically, you ignored my response to it, didn’t own it, and just moved on with the same nonsense. 

2 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yes. Those things are facts. What you said before isn’t, it’s verifiably false and manufactured by you. Typically, you ignored my response to it, didn’t own it, and just moved on with the same nonsense. 

I Googled and could not find any evidence for what you had said. Rather than furthering the discussion, I decided to ignore it, on the basis of what happens to me if I dare to try and discuss these things.

13 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

I Googled and could not find any evidence for what you had said. Rather than furthering the discussion, I decided to ignore it, on the basis of what happens to me if I dare to try and discuss these things.

You could have clicked the video or just asked, there’s ample evidence. But look, you made a claim and it’s clearly false. Stop playing the victim. 

4 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

You could have clicked the video or just asked, there’s ample evidence. But look, you made a claim and it’s clearly false. Stop playing the victim. 

Very well, then, I am asking. Where has Galloway suggested that there should be no Muslim countries?

• 4 weeks later...

The usual crass provocative style of Galloway , but I am sure you know what he is getting at. 

The surreal world where lifelong anti-racists who have faced it down all their life are being called racists by people who have barely done a thing in their lives that didn't enrich themselves or their friends.

Put it this way , if the recent slide to the right ends up spills on to the streets , I am happy to bet that the likes of Corbyn, McDonnell , Galloway and even Williamson will be in the forefront of the response , while Hodge, Streeting, Watson et al would not.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Yet he praised Saddam when in knife range.

More evidence of your lack of knowledge and that you parrot things without thinking. Probably better to not attempt to kill the leader of a country when you're trying to save the lives of hundreds and hundreds of thousands of children starving from the oil for food program or prevent the war that cost a million. 

Still, don't let that get in the way of a cheap jibe. 

• 4 weeks later...