You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Difference between Americans and Canadians

Nunavut Patrick

Free health care vs VISA health care

Tried to assimilate the Indians vs Tried to exterminate the Indians

CDN $ worth more than US $

John Candy vs Chris Farley

Insulin vs Lipitor

Freedom for the Black Man vs Slavery

Multiculturalism vs Melting Pot

Sorry, so sorry aboot that vs America Fuck Yeah!

Peacekeeping vs Warmongering

Beaver vs Eagle

Prisitne wildnerness vs Mall of America and The New Jersey Turnpike

The Charter of Rights and Freedoms vs The Right to Bear Arms

Gay marriage vs Shoot All Fags

Our biggest race problem was Ben Johnson; our greatest histrical mistake was you British keeping the French appeased as buffer to the expansionist Yankee after The Plains of Abraham.

Al Capone had a hideout in Canada.

He could relax and enjoy a drink.

My Gramps was a duel citizen of Canada and the UK, and I have been told there is somewhere in the family a picture of him with Capone as he used to help run Whiskey across the border. I have never seen the photo as it is in the possession of a member of the family I have lost contact with.

True story that.

as I said in the other thread, I like Canada, and Canadians. Except French Canadians, fuck them.

Also, "Strange Brew" is a legendary film.

And Canadians gave us Joni Mitchell. Granted, nobody would have ever heard of her if she hadn't have performed in Buffalo, but she's a Canadian.

Yes. What about it? I thought that was what we were discussing?

I was kidding. Canadians say "eh" a lot. So I was implying that instead of "Canada, Fuck Yeah!" It's more likely to be "Canada, eh!" It was a shit joke, hence the need to explain it.

The problem is that the Canadian accent is not distinctly different enough from the American one when travelling abroad. Therefore on first listen, travelling Canadians are often mistaken for Americans. They are then treated like shite, as many folks are not fond of Americans. To avoid this, travelling Canadians like to make their Canadian-ness very visible - and are therefore treated much more favourably by the locals of whichever country they are visiting.

And that's a fact.