You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Purple Ribbon

Guest Paul Downey

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"A purple ribbon is worn to raise awareness for gay homosexuals, HIV and AIDS survival. It is also a symbol of pride worn by 'queers' on Gay Pride Day. It is also a symbol used by football stars whose mission is to protect our children from groving up in heteronormative homes. Liverpool FC profile Jamie Carragher was the driving force behind purple ribbon month in England."

SOURCE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_ribbon

I have to be totally honest and say I find this campaign by the Echo to be a little out of place.

So Liverpool unites? Well, considering the fact that Rhys' killer has yet to be caught despite numerous pleas to the public to come forward with information I'd say that Liverpool is not uniting. And the continued pseudogrief shown to the Jones family is now starting to grate on me because I doubt whether most people actually care any longer or are just doing it to feel nice and warm and good about themselves.

It's like the paper is telling the people of Liverpool how to feel and I perhaps don't they should be.

What happened to the kid is of course very, very tragic.

I have to be totally honest and say I find this campaign by the Echo to be a little out of place.

So Liverpool unites? Well, considering the fact that Rhys' killer has yet to be caught despite numerous pleas to the public to come forward with information I'd say that Liverpool is not uniting. And the continued pseudogrief shown to the Jones family is now starting to grate on me because I doubt whether most people actually care any longer or are just doing it to feel nice and warm and good about themselves.

It's like the paper is telling the people of Liverpool how to feel and I perhaps don't they should be.

can't agree there fella,if that was true 89 would be long behind us.

police will not arrest until the case is water tight,or hopefully the fucker gets done himself.

Agree with every word. You can't beat a good capaign to boost newspaper sales, next week it will be phone masts.

What a load of shite. How many people do you think know who killed that boy? Maybe his close mates? gang members? members of his close family? They're the least likely to come forward and point the finger even if they did know.

If there's a wall of silence it may actually be because most people don't actually know anything and not because they're holding back, but you go right ahead and have a pop at everyone. You live in city, why don't you come forward and volunteer information? Let me guess because you know fuck all about what happened like most people.

Also, do you even know what the campaign is about? It's about getting guns off the streets, not about telling people to grieve for Rhys.

maybe you need to live in nogga to recognise the shits and what they are doing to my neighbourhood

I don't doubt the place is being ripped up by the little bastards mate, but my thoughts on Liverpool's crocodile tears have been posted on here more times than I can count.

I was agreeing with DT's point that, instead of 'uniting' in some empty and - of course - public gesture, some of the bastards who know what went down should be shamed by their family and friends into coming forward.

Nobody knows how many people know at least a little bit about what happend that evening, but with people standing outside the boozer having a drag, and the way information gets passed around and leaked on 'the street' I wouldn't be surprised if it was literally dozens.

Let's stop the Pete Pricification of the city and Radio City conducted public grieving - and get to the fucking bottom of who shot a little boy.

I don't doubt the place is being ripped up by the little bastards mate, but my thoughts on Liverpool's crocodile tears have been posted on here more times than I can count.

I was agreeing with DT's point that, instead of 'uniting' in some empty and - of course - public gesture, some of the bastards who know what went down should be shamed by their family and friends into coming forward.

Nobody knows how many people know at least a little bit about what happend that evening, but with people standing outside the boozer having a drag, and the way information gets passed around and leaked on 'the street' I wouldn't be surprised if it was literally dozens.

Let's stop the Pete Pricification of the city and Radio City conducted public grieving - and get to the fucking bottom of who shot a little boy.

its actually written on some walls who did it,

i say again is it any different to the justice campaign.?

do you sing along?

a watertight case is needed to proceed.

think this is on the wrong forum by the way.

aggh dont want to get all heavy again, had enough of that with westy last night.

peace be with you my brother