You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cocky, the rise & fall of Curtis Warren

Harry Squatter

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I thought, to be honest. For someone who's stayed ahead of the game for so long to be banged up so easily and so stupidly smacks of something else going on, he's probably laughing his tits off.

Imagine how dangerous Liverpool would be for someone like Warren? With every pound-a-pint pisshead looking to give you a smack?

In America's gangland structure, L.A. in particular, it's the people on the inside who run the show. They tell people what to rob, who to kill and where to put the money. It's known that young gang members get themselves arrested on purpose so they can spend time inside with The Generals. Perhaps it is similar here?

I can see the argument, however they'd simply move on to something else.

Al Capone was fascinated with the milk business. "Do you know," he would say, "they got a bigger markup in legit fresh milk than we could ever get away with in booze? Honest to God boys, we been in the wrong racket all along."

AmericanMafia.com - Feature Articles 178

I can see the argument, however they'd simply move on to something else.

Such as?

Yeah, best to keep control of that trade in the hands of people like Curtis Warren, eh?

Exactly.

Cut out the middle man, you'll never ever ever stop it, no mater how hard you try or how many resources you have to use it your own advantage.

Legalise it and tax it, same with prostitution.

i have all the kray twins books and my dad thinks the same. ronnie and reggies books arent about bragging what they've done but the lads who they knocked about with, the lambrianu brothers and so on, are simply bragging that they where the krays mates.

we had this div come round our school once. he was supposedly some big hard london gangster and spoke about how he used to carry a knuckle duster in one pocket and had a special pocket made in his jacket for his machete. half the kids in the essembly hall had knives and shit on them and didn't take kindly to the 'i was the bollocks' attitude from the prick. this thug travelled all around britain telling people how he killed people, done time, killed a few more people and raped a few women, 'oh and while in jail i found god'. thats pretty much what he said at the end.

God sounds like he has done some fucking time; every reformed ex-con always drops this geezer's name. He sounds like a right sleazy bastard, all that consorting with crims and brasses and bent politicians and getting them to say nice things about him. Makes me wonder what he's up to. World domination by the sound of it. He should go and offer to be Warren's bitch and see if he can get Cocky on the righteous path.

Such as?

/QUOTE]

I would imagine they would seriously get into extortion and terrorise legitimate business's particularly at community level, i know these things go on now but i would imagine they would multiply. More loan sharking' anything really, just like the drug trade, they will never go away.

Assuming I buy into your central premise that drug dealers will move into some other area of illegality...

Loan sharks react to the demand for credit from people who the banks won't lend to. I don't see how they could significantly increase their business, unless they bought out all the banks and stopped lending money to people (which isn't going to happen).

Extortion and protection rackets? Does that even happen in this country any more?

Yeah, best to keep control of that trade in the hands of people like Curtis Warren, eh?

If something is legal, more people are likely to try it. I've heard heroin is very moreish! The last thing the government wants is a nation of drug experimentors missing work for a fix. Where you they get their tax £'s? How would they build those weapons that we need so much??

That bit about him continuing on even though he knew he was being bugged by the bizzies makes me think that he feels he'd be safer on the inside.

If anybody recalls seeing The Devil on Ross Kemp's Sky One Doc he done a while ago you'll know just how dangerous it can be for scum like them. No matter how long ago they gave the game up.

That was one of the most unintentionally funny interviews I've seen. "Ta tell you tha truth, Russ..." It's beyond comprehension how The Devil is a successful businessman. Who in their right mind would do (legit) business with that guy these days?

If something is legal, more people are likely to try it.

You think? Any stats to back that up? It's certainly not been the case anywhere else it's been decriminalised. By and large, most people would steer clear of heroin whether it's legal or not. You could even say people are less likely to try it because dealers won't be actively pushing it.

The last thing the government wants is a nation of drug experimentors missing work for a fix. Where you they get their tax £'s? How would they build those weapons that we need so much??

It might seem counter-intuitive, but heroin itself isn't that dangerous. The risk tends to come from the unsanitary injections, or the rubbish it's cut with; when you hear of an "overdose", it's often anything but, and if it is a genuine overdose, it's typically because of an unexpected variation in purity. It is actually possible to be addicted to heroin and to be an entirely productive member of society, if you have a clean and steady supply of heroin.

[EDIT: sorry, this is way off-topic... there are other "drug" threads on here that this discussion might be better suited to]

I don't necessarily disagree with legalisation of drugs but would be interested in how we'd prevent mass drug tourism to the UK? Not sure I'd want the world's concentration of smackheads all in the UK.

*cough* address this point *cough*

I was heading out this morning and saw his mug shot on the news - had to do a double-take. Didn't hear what was said, but I was wondering, "What the fuck has Cocky done to make the Australian morning news?" Hearing what's gone on today, I'm still puzzled at why this made the news over here. Nath, Harvey or any of the Ozzie lads, you see this? Think it was Sunrise - not sure.

Sunrise ain't "news" dude it's pure shite. Fifi could do with fucking good ride and Kochy could do with meeting a cosh, repeatedly, the annoying sanctimnious smug arrogant baldy twat - if he's such a financial fucking whizz kid why the fucks he on my telly at 6 am in the morning. And whats with the interchangeable entertainment arse bandits that they have on? the cunt from america and the cunt from the Uk.... fucking Sunrise.. I put sbs on one morning and the missus was like 'Eh ye've turned the news off'... news my fucking hoop.

Anyway apologies for digressing, as regards the legalisation of drugs - here's a few thoughts, for the more immature this is a reasoned and considered response not just the "drugs they is bad" shite that gets fed through the media/school/government:

Marijuana aka cannabis sativa aka hashish - legalise it, yer know any one can grow it, have a little weed in yer garden if you so wish, have the odd social toke - no-one gets hurt (maybe a little paranoid) - never meet a drug dealer, just smoke what comes naturally. No need to binge on the shit, it's free - may even get people into gardening, could down on booze yadda yadda yadda - terminally ill relo, it's ok we've got some hemp growing in the garden - I'll knock grandad a couple of J's up, see if we can provide a bit of respite during his last days, maybe improve his appetite a bit.

Right now the UK has licensed Pharma companies to grow weed to see how they can replicate some of it's properties.... any particular reason for this??? Yeah - because weed is free and grows naturally - there is no fucking money for the pharma giants in it - in fact it could reduce their current profits by reducing prescribed drugs for palliative care. No tax - mind you I could imagine them sending fucking weed vans out and adverts like the telly license - "have you got your ganja license? we know everyone licensed for Ganja plants, we'll catch you!" fcuk me every pot head in teh country would be fuly licensed - no worries.

Opium - Heroin - Smack - Brown - not much to add to SD's pretty valid remarks up above as regards actual heroin use itself. However politics and money - can ameriKKKa grow opium??? Errrr no, where is Opium produced? The far and middle east - do we want money being sent over there to fund their economies - no we fucking don't, as far as I'm aware heroin was banned in the UK as part of trying to control the flow of money to china in the early part of the last century.

Cocaine - Charlie - Yao - Where is this shit grown??? South America.... hmmmm do Amerikka have any history with the cocaine producing countries of south america??? Do they want a free flow of trade with these countries??? NOOOOOOOO, never mind free drugs trade, they restrict the countries in South America every which fucking way they can, no way will they allow the billions of dollars involved in the drug trade to flow freely into these countries.

Hmm coke - why is it you can buy diet coke, coke with lemon, coke with lime, jack and coke, rum and coke, nazi coke (fanta - the choice of the Aryan Generation - look it up) but yer just can't get the real thing?? Users include Queen Victoria, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Eric Clapton, Marvin Gaye, most talented musicians of the 60's & 70's, and half the scallies in Liverpool. Not known to be a high killer in it's unadulterated form' though it's users can sometimes appear to bore you to death.

Ecstacy - E - Tablets - Disco Biscuits - the first real 'pharmaceutical' in the list, invented pre world war I by Merck. Legal in amerikkka until the mid eighties - was quite big in Texas by all accounts - maybe good old dubya had a go during his coke days - tho somehow I doubt he would have gone in for a drug that stimulates empathy. Invented in 1912 - obviously any patent is now expired, but here is a tablet that CAN (when taken in moderation) ward off alzheimers, give yer a hard on for a few hours, help with weight loss (as part of a calorie controlled diet), help with addiction to alcohol, increase a person's empathy towards others.

The headline Ecstacy death of the nineties was Leah Betts - what killed Leah?? too much fucking water, or to look at it another way a lack of education and social responsibility.

I was a mad fucking Efreak for nearly 15 years, took too much and frazzled the synapses a few times - however I knew more about the drug than a lot of GP's know about the drugs they prescribe for a lot of common ailments - I understood the effects, what to eat for the buiding blocks of serotonin - which is the main chemical in the body affected by MDMA, the possible effects of prolonged ecstacy use - the one thing I never knew was how much of the tablets actually contained MDMA and at what quantities, regulation would make this so much fucking easier and safer to deal with - just like the guinness can that tell's you there are 1.4 units per can. Ergo even arming myself with as much education about my chosen recreational drug of choice, I was still crossing a road blindfolded.

Tobacco - ah the number one killer drug (possibly due to the number of toxins inserted by manufacturers to each cigarette to 'enhance the experience' - the experience that is the ingestion of nicotine - go figure). Well where is the majority of the world’s baccy grown??? Thats right folks its amerikkkkkkka - there is no way the governemens of the west will oulaw smoking whilst huge swathes of amerikka are dependent on the shit as their main crop - and making billions of dollars for the governments and big tobacco companies to boot. Why we can't outlaw that.

Social Cost -Ok there is a social cost to legalising drugs - who's gonna pay for it all??? Who the fuck is paying now?? You are, you’re paying for the police that track down the dealers, you're paying for the excess on your house insurance due to junkies on the rob to get a fix (as an aside, does anyone really believe that the poor fuckers enjoy the life they live in order to supply their habit?), you are paying for the fuck knows how many people currently banged up for drug related crimes.

But if you legalise dugs the baron's will move onto something else.... Like what guns??? who are they selling the guns to?? Dem Drug Dealers - but Boot's and Lloyds don't need no guns, and if the stuff is available legally then there is less requirement for addicts to go on the rob. Legalise drugs and gun crime would fucking drop big time. Less cars would be broken into, less houses, people may even feel safer - the drug users themselves may get better treatment, less of a social stigma attached and we might actually start to provide proper drug education, drug addicts tend to feel excluded from society - this is something society has been conditioned to encourage, which leads to a vicious circle.

Negative Suggestion - put a box in front of a 5 year old, reiterate how important it is that the kid doesn't look inside the box, state the fact repeatedly and leave the kid alone with the box for 10 minutes. Chances are when you come back the kid will have had a look inside the box, this has been the western governments attitudes to drugs - no wonder it fails.

Harm Reduction and education should be the focal points of a humane (human + E - coincidence??) drug policy. There will always be people who want to look inside the box, and there will always be people, who suffer because of this, but fuck we gonna ban peanuts, bee's, alcohol, war, driving and everyother fucking thing we do because there is a chance someone might get hurt??? More people are hurt by current drug policies, than would be under a regulated and legalised system. But that doesn't matter - it's the economy stupid!

Here endeth the sermon of DR Gonzo, no who ordered a soap box????

(this is a simplified overview so no doubt there are a few trivial errors, but it’s 5pm Friday and I’m having a beer)

Curtis Warren - fuck knows what he could have acheived in more legal fields, no doubt about it - he's got some fucking brains

No, it's not remarkable. When you deal with these people you realise what they are. Souless sharks with dead eyes that prey on human misery. They have no humanity. They don't feel the way you or I do. They have no moral code - forget this honour amongst thieves bollocks because it doesn't apply to the modern criminal. I hate the mythology that builds up around them.

Is exactly correct. It is the lower IQ idiot who idolises these men and walk around thinking they are them that I almost feel sorry for as they are destined to do nothing in their lives. No question that Warren is a very bright lad. The type of idiots who think he is a great man are not though. I've said it before, it's like when I walk I walk into a blokes house and he has a poster of Tony Montana on the wall. I immediately know I'd dealing with an idiot.

Legalise drugs.

Job done.

Sadly it would be no where near as simple as that.

The dealers just wont take as high a margin, will cut their produce with even more shite, and sell it for less to undercut the legal version. The illegal market will always be there as once drugs are legalised they will be very expensive as the local Governments will put massive Health and Safety restrictions on the companies looking to make them, the taxes will be higher than they are on cigarettes, production costs will be 100s of times more expensive than they are for the Curtis Warrens of the world. and this will result in jacking up the price up to levels that the illegal produce can easily and significantly undercut.

I'm all for the legalisation of drugs. I just don't think it'd make a jot of difference on the illegal production.