You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FAO Red Paddies

Gav

Nice bit of timing from O Leary hasnt been seen in ages then all of a sudden he is on goals on sunday

What do you think agents are for ?!?!?!?!

He'll be in every newspaper up and down the country for the next few weeks now ,expect TV and radio interviews too

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think O'Leary has to be a front runner for the job.

Staunton was always going to be shite when he had to appoint a someone like Robson to hold his hand.

Much like the England team i personally would be looking at appointing a non Irishman to do the job but without hurting anyones feeling is the job big enough for a top manager/coach to take on.

At international level, I think it's vital that the manager has at least some form of charisma and balls, as well as tactical nous. International managers have less time to foster team spirit and less time to bolster belief, so it's even more important to create team spirit and camaraderie. Could you imagine Sven, Stan or McLaren being charismatic, bold and decisive?

I think O'Leary has to be a front runner for the job.

Staunton was always going to be shite when he had to appoint a someone like Robson to hold his hand.

Much like the England team i personally would be looking at appointing a non Irishman to do the job but without hurting anyones feeling is the job big enough for a top manager/coach to take on.

O'leary is the front runner and is now making waves in the media via his pals regarding the job .

Houllier is also in the running as is that dutch fella who's name escapes me .

Usual suspects are also there like Brady and Aldo etc

Had the chance of both Troussier ,jansen and Hiddink 2 years ago and blew it for that gombeen staunton.Doubt either will touch us now but It does answer your question .

New man must have a personality,must have the ability to speak to the press and not treat them the way staunton did, must ave football experience (not just traffic cones pattern expertise) and must be experienced enough to get the attention of the prima donnas,young kids and the piss heads of the group.If it were up to me the next fella would also control everything from youth team up

I'm just glad the fucker is gone, but now the job is on in football circles to get that lego haired fucker from waterford out as well.Cardiff will be fun in november

At international level, I think it's vital that the manager has at least some form of charisma and balls, as well as tactical nous. International managers have less time to foster team spirit and less time to bolster belief, so it's even more important to create team spirit and camaraderie. Could you imagine Sven, Stan or McLaren being charismatic, bold and decisive?

nutshell

Only thing is ,finding someone that matches the criteria is a balls because if he does tick all those boxes he'll inevitably be offered a decent club job ...just look at the nordies

Gav - have you ever rated an Irish manager?

Yeah Eoin Hand.Came within a goal of getting us to the finals and got fucked by FAI back stabbing.Rest have been muck .

Charlton was a joke ,a corperate whore and fuckin destroyed us while his media pals spun it as if he saved football on the island .Even now meet someone english and they all go on about "jackiesarmeeee" the fuckin geordie cunt.We had some world class players and he had them playing like Bolton or the blueshite and for all the top class players it took a fluke by the jocko's to get us through.Mind you says it all really about that prick that taking a team to a chipper pregame for the "ramsden Challenge" was more important to him .To think Sir Bob Paisley was gonna be offered that job before more FAI knives took hold

Less said about the rest the better .Mcarthey was a disgrace ,Kerr I will always remember for what he did with the 18's and 19's and should never have gotten the senior job.Coaching is where his skills lie ,not managment.

Problem now is that staunton was a effect ,not the cause .The cause still has access to the FAI credit cards so Cardiff Brothels are in for a bumper night in November

Best one I heard yet, was the FAI is going to appoint a outside Football Expert to help them hire the new coach. If the FAI can't do this themselves, why are they even there?

Thats FAIcode for "we want to appoint someone to take the fall for Delaney if it all goes tits up again"

Believe me ,every decision is Delaneys .Hes a fucking snake and His aul lads a Thief .

Although Stan has been a flop at managing the Irish soccer team the Louth man would give Eddie Hobbs a run for his money when it comes to investments"..

Staunton is said to own propertys all over Dundalk/Dublin/Liverpool/London and the British midlands worth millions..

The extent of his property empire emerged after a controversy broke over a tax loophole used by several wealthy investors who bought shares in a Dublin office block..

His company Greenpark Properties was part of the consortium that paid 82.5 million euro in a tax shelter deal to buy Le Touche House in Dublins International Financial servise centre..

Stan the man has also property interests in Spain where he has been involved in Investment firms..

He is not alone among the soccer community to have invested wisely in property with FAI boss John Delaney said to have also done well in property..

Cascarino called O'Leary "the most insincere man I've ever met in football" this morning.

Didn't Cascarino lie about his ancestry so he could play for Ireland?

But he sounds spot on about O'Leary. Tony Adam's leg must have been covered with bruises after sitting next to him for a couple of hours on that Sky couch over the weekend.

Yeah Eoin Hand.Came within a goal of getting us to the finals and got fucked by FAI back stabbing.Rest have been muck .

Charlton was a joke ,a corperate whore and fuckin destroyed us while his media pals spun it as if he saved football on the island .Even now meet someone english and they all go on about "jackiesarmeeee" the fuckin geordie cunt.We had some world class players and he had them playing like Bolton or the blueshite and for all the top class players it took a fluke by the jocko's to get us through.Mind you says it all really about that prick that taking a team to a chipper pregame for the "ramsden Challenge" was more important to him .To think Sir Bob Paisley was gonna be offered that job before more FAI knives took hold

Less said about the rest the better .Mcarthey was a disgrace ,Kerr I will always remember for what he did with the 18's and 19's and should never have gotten the senior job.Coaching is where his skills lie ,not managment.

Problem now is that staunton was a effect ,not the cause .The cause still has access to the FAI credit cards so Cardiff Brothels are in for a bumper night in November

I think you're harsh on Charlton there. Granted the football wasn't the most appealing, but at least he had tactics and a plan - however basic - and could impart it to his players.

Players who would run through a brick wall for him and the shirt, even if they had no Irish blood whatsoever like Cascarino. He ensured qualification for three of the four tournaments we've ever made with squads of a similar quality to Hand's.

He should have gone after the '94 World Cup, which bar the Italy game was a mess, and completely lost the plot/lost interest afterwards but he rarely gets the credit he deserves for what he acheived.

Cascarino called O'Leary "the most insincere man I've ever met in football" this morning.

They have a very very bad relationship due to a prank played by Cascarino on O'leary .Basically Cascarino had a shit into a bag,and tipped it out on DOL's bed ,remade the bed and legged it.DOL knew it was TC but TC didn't have the balls to own up to it .They've been at war ever since

If TC told me the time of day I'd question it

I think you're harsh on Charlton there. Granted the football wasn't the most appealing, but at least he had tactics and a plan - however basic - and could impart it to his players.

Players who would run through a brick wall for him and the shirt, even if they had no Irish blood whatsoever like Cascarino. He ensured qualification for three of the four tournaments we've ever made with squads of a similar quality to Hand's.

He should have gone after the '94 World Cup, which bar the Italy game was a mess, and completely lost the plot/lost interest afterwards but he rarely gets the credit he deserves for what he acheived.

Thats just it ,he had no tactics and no plan .His Tactics was defence and midfielders belt it upfield and flah the strikers out by having slow goal poachers spend all their time out by the corner flag trying to win a throw in .We had Brady,Whelan,O'leary ,Houghton,Lawrenson,Mcgrath to name but a few ,all top class footballers destroyed by him .He was a corperate whore that used the time to garner as many commercial deals for him and his media company as possible and fuck the football.He detroyed our national team set up and instead tried to turn us into little england.Set Club and international football back years he did

Thats just it ,he had no tactics and no plan .His Tactics was defence and midfielders belt it upfield and flah the strikers out by having slow goal poachers spend all their time out by the corner flag trying to win a throw in .We had Brady,Whelan,O'leary ,Houghton,Lawrenson,Mcgrath to name but a few ,all top class footballers destroyed by him .He was a corperate whore that used the time to garner as many commercial deals for him and his media company as possible and fuck the football.He detroyed our national team set up and instead tried to turn us into little england.Set Club and international football back years he did

I'd completely refute that. Not the style of play bit, but Charlton was great for Irish football. He presided over the most successful period in its history.

He certainly had tactics, however simplistic, and a philosophy on the game that isn't a million miles from Rafa's

I'd completely refute that. Not the style of play bit, but Charlton was great for Irish football. He presided over the most successful period in its history.

He certainly had tactics, however simplistic, and a philosophy on the game that isn't a million miles from Rafa's

I would agree with you. Watch our performance against the Soviet Union in 88. We outplayed them all over the park and they made the final.

Charlton cut his cloth according to the players (not to mention the surface our home matches were on) he had available and the ones he made available for Ireland. Some of which didn't care, who they played for internationally as long as it got them a cap.

It seems to me that it has recently become fashionable to slate charlton, and jump on the bandwagon of Dunphy etc. Its usually happens with the most vociferous supportes of Roy Keane as well.