You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bruce fucking Springsteen

MLB

Wouldn't know where to start with that. Only a mile and a half away now, the traffic here is fucking mad though, it's chaos everywhere.

One of the reasons traffic is so bad is that a stupid woman has driven onto the tram lines and they are suspended

Got in for No Surrender so could have been worse but I'm still pissed off. Fucking Manchester. Great gig anyway.

Atlantic City

Murder Incorporated

Badlands

The Ties That Bind

Sherry Darling

Two Hearts

No Surrender

Santa Claus Is Coming to Town

(Harry Reser and His Orchestra cover) (sign request, tour debut)

Hungry Heart

Out in the Street

Darkness on the Edge of Town

Crush on You

You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)

I Wanna Marry You

The River

Point Blank

Johnny 99

Darlington County

Working on the Highway

The Promised Land

Waitin' on a Sunny Day

Because the Night

(Patti Smith Group cover)

The Rising

Thunder Road

Encore:

Backstreets

Born to Run

Glory Days

Dancing in the Dark

Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out

Shout

(The Isley Brothers cover)

Bobby Jean

Encore 2:

This Hard Land

(solo Acoustic)

• Upvote 3

I got in for Sherry Darling.

Took 3 hours to get from Liverpool, fucking nightmare. Had to get out and take a piss on the Mancunian Way. That felt quite satisfying on every level

I was fuming when I finally got in but immediately forgot about the problems. Beer in hand Bruce on stage, good sound and fantastic set-list.The energy of the fella at 66 years old is unbelievable , just never lets up. That was one of the best stadium gigs I've ever seen him do and I've seen a fair few over the years. Still buzzing and cant wait until Wembley but no way it will match that last night. I'm sure he put in that bit extra because of the rain and he knew the fans were getting soaked. The knob in the Santa suit had me in stiches 

• Upvote 1

I'd rep you for that Monty. However as a Manc I'm holding you partly responsible for the traffic and that deserves a neg.

Call it quits.

Mate, try going to training about five minutes down the road from the Etihad on a midweek match night. Sitting in match traffic to not even go to the fucking match!

• Upvote 1

Superb in Dublin last night. The lads getting better with experience...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my mates were at it. Said he played from 7 until 10.50.

Just realised thats almost 4 hours. No wonder he needs a day off in between.

going sunday. Cant wait.

Wembley was brilliant last night. Even their crappy sound system couldn't dull a stellar performance. He had to be on his game to keep so many people engaged most of whom were light years from the stage and drowning in poor acoustics,  The River hardly played a focal point in this unashamed run through his greatest hits but who cared , the weather was great , plenty of crappy beers and a 3 and half hour singalong with your mates. Fantastic.

"41 shots" and "Be True" highlights for me. "Jungleland" was special too.

Did a cry at Jungleland. Dedicating Tougher than the rest to Ali was pretty cool. Just hope we get to do it all again soon. What a fucking hero.

Yeh nice touch and a cool song which I've never heard live before.

Wish I could afford to get out to the States to catch him again this tour. 

Every time now you just have this worry that he's going to find it all a bit much and we might not see the full band again.

He's fucking unbelievable for nearly 67 years old.. Freak of nature 

I was in the far end of the stadium from the stage and the sound was, at best ok and at worst, dreadful. '41 Shots' was great though but I felt disconnected where I was sitting. If I went to a stadium gig again, I think I'd have to stand. by all accounts the sound was better up at the front.

I was in the far end of the stadium from the stage and the sound was, at best ok and at worst, dreadful. '41 Shots' was great though but I felt disconnected where I was sitting. If I went to a stadium gig again, I think I'd have to stand. by all accounts the sound was better up at the front.

I was on the pitch. Sound was better nearer the stage if you could deal with the crush. We spent some time up there then came back for beers and a good singalong

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...