You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

`Pimp Rafa Treats Players Like Hos`

Alonso

I had nothing much to do today so was reading the mailbox on Football365.com

I came across this email see what you lads think.

Liverpool's Vice Squad

source - Football365.com

Yet another sh*thouse Liverpool performance - we are really on the slide at the moment. We haven't played well for about six weeks now, and seem to be getting worse. At least Chelsea have an excuse for turning a little bit rubbish (excellent result last night though, which has literally made up for the Rosenborg result) - Liverpool simply cannot justify getting worse after the summer spending.

It is said the mark of a great side is not whether they lose, but how they respond to defeat. Liverpool appear to be losing their nerve rather than digging deep and finding a way of playing better. I have to admit it is really very worrying, we always used to look confident in Europe, but that confidence has been replaced with complacency. Why did we only create chances after going behind? Because we thought we didn't need to try before that.

Chelsea draw a few games, then sort it out and win away in their toughest game. United start the season slowly, then knuckle down and are now second in the league and top of their Champions League group. Arsenal are flying. After a bright start Liverpool turn sh*t, and get worse - there has been absolutely no response to a dip in form, and if there isn't a response soon we might as well kiss goodbye to any silverware yet again.

Why is this though? Why aren't the players fighting to prove their worth? It's got to be because they don't see the point anymore - they don't get any reward from Rafa for doing well, so why should they try? Rafa does not care about his players in the same way other managers do - for him players are just part of a system, his system, and not personalities he has to interact with. Rafa always talks about the 'mentality' of players - he never talks about 'personality'.

In this sense Rafa is exploiting his players like a pimp exploits his hos - what the players can do for him in his system is all he cares about, not how the players feel or whether they can cope with his demands. His recent argument that players must justify their place in the team by doing well whenever they get the chance is redundant - Benayoun has been our only good player recently, along with Torres, but neither gets regular football as a reward for their efforts.

Then there are the other players who clearly cannot deal with rotation - Sissoko and Crouch are shadows of the players they were last season (when both had decent runs in the team), because they have lost all their confidence. The pressure of having to do well in the scraps of games they are thrown is too much, they are choking every time they walk on the pitch.

Will Rafa do anything to encourage his players, or just continue to arrogantly blame the team, as if it is not his responsibility? I suspect he'll do the latter, whilst buying a furry purple coat, a top hat and a cane...

Morgan (not even Gerrard can see the point anymore) Goford

Is playing for Liverpool football club and earning 60-100K a week not enough encouragement?

That article is bullshit, if we are to proportion blame 80% of it goes on the players, some of which by their own admission.

Another Rafa hater. I just love the fact he has to put up with 40,000 odd thousand "managers" who think they could do a better job.

This nobhead reckons Liverpool are "getting worse after the summer spending".

Obviously, we are still in in as far as the cups are concerned, so I can only assume he would prefer our league performances from 12 months ago.

This is complete phone-in ballwash and I hate myself for even responding to it.