THE NUMBERS

PRESENT TENSE

TINKER TAILER SOLDIER SAILOR RICH MAN POOR MAN BEGGAR MAN THIEF

TRUE LOVE WAITS

A studio version of True Live Waits !!

• Upvote 1

Fuckers only accept credit cards.

TAKE MY PAYPAL MONEY YOU CUNTS!

Eleven songs though. Much better than TKOL in that regard already.

Three tracks in and it's already my favourite album since Kid A. If it carries on like this it'll end up heading into OK Computer territory.

I'm sat with the window open, new album playing through my headphones while a Blackbird sits in my garden singing its heart out.  Not a bad night.

True love waits... I was fifteen when I wanted this song released.

My life is complete. So long TLW.

True Love Waits basically broke my brain. It was like an amazing Radiohead cover of, erm, a hugely different amazing Radiohead song.

I was listening thinking "Hmm, not sure about this" and then you get four or five notes in a row, a swell of music...and your heart just melts away.

I'm hugely impressed. Ful Stop, The Numbers and Decks Dark are just ridiculously good.  

Very organic and laid-back on the first two listens. I'm sure it will reveal further charms the more i listen to it. 

The way the guitars cut to strings in Present Tense was the first genuine stop and take note moment for me so far (they did something similar earlier but I'm not sure what song) but I am listening to it broken around 5000 different questions at work.

Liking it. 

I'm hugely impressed. Ful Stop, The Numbers and Decks Dark are just ridiculously good.  

Very organic and laid-back on the first two listens. I'm sure it will reveal further charms the more i listen to it. 

Yeah, they're the three that stood out the most to me too. The last couple of minutes of Decks Dark (where it goes a bit A Punch Up at a Wedding) are absolutely mesmerising.

True love waits is musical blue balls, seriously felt like drums could have just kicked in and taken me somewhere special. Would've been quite with that being a beautiful five minute intro to the best rock tune ever.

I really enjoyed that, but do yearn for them to dig into something a bit heavier once or twice like they used to.

At what point did it become acceptable to describe music as 'absolutely gorgeous', I was going to say on the GF, but I don't believe that's ever been acceptable anywhere, Would never have happened under a Reich regime.

• Upvote 1

I'm sat with the window open, new album playing through my headphones while a Blackbird sits in my garden singing its heart out. Not a bad night.

How can you hear the blackbird if you've got earphones in.