You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Radiohead

bossy

Oh I have no doubt that she was shit when you saw her. That's probably a given however I know full well you would rather watch her sing than have May do them awful things to you. So do you, so don't make a thing about it. 

In fairness, May is a bit hot. How could not want to massage that hunched back. Yummy. 

Del Rey's music would make you want to ram a red hot poker up yer hoop. And live, it's even worse. 

• 1 year later...
17 hours ago, viRdjil said:

I’m enjoying the album. Minor criticism; Dawn Chorus’s instrumental is gorgeous. I wish Thom had put a bit more effort on his ‘singing’.

I think that is what he was aiming for, i read that he had a melody but just kept reducing it and reducing it. I kind of agree with you, but i still think it works as it is. He said ages ago it was his favourite song that he had written (i assume as a Radiohead track) so maybe he felt that the wholly electronic backdrop didint suit the melody?  

On 08/07/2019 at 13:55, Total Longo said:

Thom Yorke's new album is a belter by the way, if anyone is interested. 

It finally feels like he's nailed the Electronica. It's an excellent album.

Previously it felt a bit more forced at times on The Eraser and TMB, that he was nodding to influences more than going his own direction (should it be THEIR direction, him and Nigel?)

The Axe is almost a sister track to Ful Stop from A Moon Shaped pool. Listeing to them side by side is worth it.

The bassline on I Am a Very Rude Person is brilliant.

Enjoying it.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

It finally feels like he's nailed the Electronica. It's an excellent album.

Previously it felt a bit more forced at times on The Eraser and TMB, that he was nodding to influences more than going his own direction (should it be THEIR direction, him and Nigel?)

The Axe is almost a sister track to Ful Stop from A Moon Shaped pool. Listeing to them side by side is worth it.

The bassline on I Am a Very Rude Person is brilliant.

Enjoying it.

Ful Stop is up there with my favourite Radiohead tracks now, its incredible live.

• 2 years later...
On 14/05/2022 at 06:33, Skidfingers McGonical said:

It’s good. Real good. 

It's very good. Listening to it all weekend and I reckon I'll have it on loop for some time.

It's a combo of his Thom's solo stuff ('Pana-Vision' could have been on the 'Suspiria' album) some Radiohead sounding tracks ('Thin Thing', 'Skirting on the Surface') and then what I would class as 'Original' tracks by "The Smile"- 'The Smoke', 'You will never work in Television Again', 'We Don't Know What Tomorrow Brings'. Excellent production as you'd expect. Nice

• Upvote 2

• 1 year later...

The Smile's 2nd album - wow.

It gets better and better with each listen. It is as if the Radiohead shackles have not only been taken off Thom and Jonny but have been fucking blown off. I'll be listening to this in 5 years and still hearing something new.  A genuine 9/10 album and probably even higher than that. Excellent.

2 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

The Smile's 2nd album - wow.

It gets better and better with each listen. It is as if the Radiohead shackles have not only been taken off Thom and Jonny but have been fucking blown off. I'll be listening to this in 5 years and still hearing something new.  A genuine 9/10 album and probably even higher than that. Excellent.

Aye, I liked the first one so will need to give this a listen. I was looking at the CD in the record shop on my break there, 'probably end up going back for it in the next few days.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Mook said:

Aye, I liked the first one so will need to give this a listen. I was looking at the CD in the record shop on my break there, 'probably end up going back for it in the next few days.

You won't be disappointed. Skinner's technique is majestic on this record.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't see Radiohead reforming now, what is the point if Thom and Johnny are enjoying themselves so much in The Smile?

Second album is incredible too. The prog, krautrock, jazz and Beatles elements all melding together to make a gloriously coherent noise. Can't wait to see them in March. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

I can't see Radiohead reforming now, what is the point if Thom and Johnny are enjoying themselves so much in The Smile?

Second album is incredible too. The prog, krautrock, jazz and Beatles elements all melding together to make a gloriously coherent noise. Can't wait to see them in March. 

The longer it takes EOB to make his second album, the more I am convinced by this. 

1 minute ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

The longer it takes EOB to make his second album, the more I am convinced by this. 

Ed, Phil and Colin are all great musicians, but hardly pivotal to the Radiohead "sound". I just don't think they need to go back.  Look at the speed in which The Smile are releasing music. Quite the opposite to anything Radiohead did in the last 25 years. They're having the time of their lives.

9 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

Ed, Phil and Colin are all great musicians, but hardly pivotal to the Radiohead "sound". I just don't think they need to go back.  Look at the speed in which The Smile are releasing music. Quite the opposite to anything Radiohead did in the last 25 years. They're having the time of their lives.

Oh I agree.

I’ve heard a few things recently that point to EOB being a factor in delays for any new music being released under the Radiohead name over the years. 

Colin is having too much fun being Nick Cave’s bassist these days and “Always dressed like a Call Centre Manager” Phil is loving life making his solo stuff. Everybody looks happy and free from

the shackles of being in one the greatest bands ever to grace the Earth with the their presence. 

One more album would be nice, but the expectations behind it would be astronomical, especially when they will be compared to the last two The Smile albums. Skinner just elevates Thom and Johnny’s ideas to another level and I’m not sure Phil could match that, as good as he is. 

• Upvote 1