You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Radiohead

bossy

Right, but by the same token shouldn't everybody be boycotting the US and be outraged about bands that don't? The US are violating way more human rights all over the world and killing way more people than the Israeli government does.

Right, but by the same token shouldn't everybody be boycotting the US and be outraged about bands that don't? The US are violating way more human rights all over the world and killing way more people than the Israeli government does.

For all its faults, the USA is not an Apartheid state.

And the oppressed people of the USA haven't called for a boycott.

Depends on who you ask. That goes for both btw, Israel and the US.

I don't think anybody can seriously claim that the US is an Apartheid state or that it illegally occupies another state's territory.  Although supporters of Israel would argue to the contrary, there are very strong arguments that the state is guilty on both counts.

http://www.itisapartheid.org/laws.html

Radiohead appear to be using the intellectually dishonest argument about wanting to break down barriers.  When The Beatles played in the southern USA, they made it perfectly clear that they would not play to segregated audiences.  What proportion of the audience at any Radiohead gig in Israel is likely to be Palestinian (or Israeli-Arab)?

Here's an odd one: UK superband Radiohead has released a super expensive version of perhaps its best album - and it includes a mysterious Easter egg found via a ZX Spectrum.

To celebrate the 20th anniversary of OK Computer, Radiohead has released a £100 special edition of the seminal album entitled OKNOTOK. This cool package includes an art book, a collection of notes penned by Radiohead front man Thom Yorke, a limited edition vinyl of the album and a classic C90 cassette.

This 90-minute tape includes a collection of rare Radiohead demos, but the last two minutes are a mysterious high-pitched frequency reminiscent of the ZX Spectrum's iconic screeching.

Redditors have of course dug into the screeching, equalised it and run it through a ZX Spectrum emulator. The result is software that displays the names of all the band members circa 1996, some random scrolling text and a hidden, black text on a black background message that reads: "Congratulations... you've found the secret message syd lives hmmmm. We should get out more." It's all very Radiohead, isn't it?

The whole thing is revealed in the video, below, from YouTuber OooSLAJEREKooO. Be warned: the sound is pretty maddening.

• 5 months later...

Pop star Lana Del Rey says she's being sued by Radiohead for copying their breakthrough single, Creep.

It was rumoured over the weekend that the British band were taking action over Get Free, the closing track of Del Rey's latest album, Lust For Life.

The singer then confirmed the news on Twitter, saying: "It's true about the lawsuit."

She said she'd offered Radiohead 40% of the publishing royalties, but their "relentless" lawyers wanted 100%.

"Although I know my song wasn't inspired by Creep, Radiohead feel it was and want 100% of the publishing," she said.

"I offered up to 40 over the last few months but they will only accept 100. Their lawyers have been relentless, so we will deal with it in court."

Musician Owen Pallett observed that Radiohead's allegations are most likely to be based on the chord progression in the song's respective verses.

However, he noted, the case might not be the result of "Radiohead sitting around feeling annoyed about a stolen chord progression, this just might be their lawyers being lawyers."

Interestingly, Radiohead themselves were successfully sued by The Hollies over Creep's similarities to The Air That I Breathe.

Albert Hammond and Mike Hazlewood are now listed as co-writers for the song, and split royalties with the band.

Radiohead have yet to respond to Del Rey's claims.

I dont mind Del Ray. She is fit, a good singer and is well known to be a Liverpool supporter. i'd put my cock in her mouth for days. 

Bad karma from Radiohead though. They dont need the money. Thom Yorke looks like a fucking stray cats that's had a stroke. They are the most disappointing band I have ever seen live. 

I'll come round and hold your tits babe

Lana%20Del%20Rey%20.jpg

• Upvote 3

I had the unfortunate experience of seeing Lana live as a festival. Hundreds started walking away after her 2nd song.Horrific stuff from Lana. Boring as fuck. 

I'd rather be pissed on by Theresa May whilst she pours bleach down my japs eye. 

Lie of the day so far goes to Zonks. 

Lie of the day so far goes to Zonks. 

Get to fuck, swollen balls.

Nope.

She headlined EP Sunday night 2016. Loads waited to see what she was like. 

After the 2nd track the majority at the back including ourselves fucked off. Easily 200-250 people left the gig and went elsewhere. 

You can read plenty of forums saying the same. 

After you've just watched New Order perform, then Lana Del Rey on afterwards, you'd be rightly bored as fuck.

Rubbish music. 

Get to fuck, swollen balls.

Nope.

She headlined EP Sunday night 2016. Loads waited to see what she was like. 

After the 2nd track the majority at the back including ourselves fucked off. Easily 200-250 people left the gig and went elsewhere. 

You can read plenty of forums saying the same. 

After you've just watched New Order perform, then Lana Del Rey on afterwards, you'd be rightly bored as fuck.

Rubbish music. 

Oh I have no doubt that she was shit when you saw her. That's probably a given however I know full well you would rather watch her sing than have May do them awful things to you. So do you, so don't make a thing about it.