You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

young guns

blakey

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any stand out performances?

San Jose looks comfortable on the ball and Insua is faster then i thought.

Putterill is by far the most skillfull player in our starting eleven but is playing against a full back in Greg Halford who is far more experienced then him and at the moment has the measure of the Liverpool winger.

Not really offered anything upfront from Linfield or Brouwer (sp) with the latter looking wasteful and doesnt really anticipate the play well.

Insua just hit the bar with a superb strike. Goalkeeper was nowhere near it and its a shame it never went in.

Would like to have seen marvellous Marvin on a bit earlier really.

Inter: eyes head to you at the new Owen

02.10.2007 15,33 of Germano D' Ambrosio from Tuttosport

In the agenda of the observatories of the Inter it makes its income Jeremy Menez (20), promising French forward of the Monaco. The player, that he has a contract until 2010, appeals to a lot also to the Liverpool (is a bullet of Rafa Benitez), and in summer it had been approached pure to Turin. Many have compared it to Micheal Owen.

Should add that Darby at right full back has been solid and hasnt been beaten much. Looks a very good prospect out there.

Pourie brought on for the last few minutes which is a testament to how highly he is rated at the club.

Darby was very good, as usual, but Spearing was our best player by a mile tonight, he was brilliant.

Darby was very good, as usual, but Spearing was our best player by a mile tonight, he was brilliant.

Agree. Little terrier of a midfielder and had we not got the midfield we have surely he would be close to the first team now.

Spearing has a never say die attitude and i would love to see this lad given a chance in the Carling Cup to show what he can do.

Spearing running through the centre looked good. Dave, is Jordy Brouwer (sp?) any good?

I was a bit dissapointed with Jordy to be honest as he seemed unwilling to commit himself to a challenge.

He had a goal dissallowed with a well taken header but was ruled offside.

Are you winding me up Cain? He's the new Idrizaj, only worse. He must have some compromising snaps of Ablett to still have a place in the side. He gives us long haired flair strikers a bad name.

Bet you was waiting for him to do something great just because he has long hair.

Bet you was waiting for him to do something great just because he has long hair.

I gave up hoping for him to do anything a long time ago. He looks the part, until the game starts. He just doesn't look like he wants it enough, and I can't understand why Pacheco isn't playing, unless there's a problem with international clearance (I think there might be actually).

Its the first time ive seen the ressies this season and personally i think players such as Spearing, Putterill and Darby quite a lot of people on here will already know about but i was impressed with the following two players.

San Jose - looks very comfortable on the ball and prefers to pass the ball to the full back or to the nearest midfielder. Its great to see a defender do this instead of just hoofing forward.

Insua - Has far pace about him then i thought and again looks at home with the ball at his feet. He was supporting Putterill all night and although he didnt always get the ball he was willing to put the work in and was very unlucky with a shot that hit the bar.

Are you winding me up Cain? He's the new Idrizaj, only worse. He must have some compromising snaps of Ablett to still have a place in the side. He gives us long haired flair strikers a bad name.

A certain long haired striker (not long haired anymore) who was marked out of a game by David Weir tonight give you a bad name in his time here. :thumbup:

Also, how many goals and appearances has Marvin Pourie had for the 18s this season? Everytime I seem to switch on LFC TV he puts the ball into the back of the net.

I gave up hoping for him to do anything a long time ago. He looks the part, until the game starts. He just doesn't look like he wants it enough, and I can't understand why Pacheco isn't playing, unless there's a problem with international clearance (I think there might be actually).

Pacheco is with the spanish U17 team at the moment. He scored a hattrick for them a couple of days ago :)

Lindfield was as bad as Brouwer today btw. As were Putterill and Flynn.

I thought Spearing, San Jose and Insua did well, with San Jose my pick as MOM.

Pacheco is with the spanish U17 team at the moment. He scored a hattrick for them a couple of days ago :)

Putterill was guilty i thought of trying to do too much. There was quite a few times where Insua overlapped him but the winger was guilty of cutting inside and either going for the shot or failing to beat his man.

I dont know if it was because it was on Tv or what but i thought the defence passed the ball around very well but when it got upfront Brouwer and Linfield were void of ideas.

With Leto,Lucas and Hobbs missing due to the Champs League tomorrow and Pacheco away on International duty they looked to be missed.

No matter how Lindfield is playing, he always shows for the ball and always works his arse off. Brouwer doesn't do either as well, although he's better than he was last season to be fair.

I can't believe Trelfell isn't in the first eleven.He should have played along side San Jose,very impressed with him.I don't rate that Huth lad.

It doesn't seem right Threlfall being on the bench, as he's quality. I thought Huth had a good game though, one incident apart where he allowed the striker way too much space but got lucky when he deflected the shot over.

Where was El Zhar? Is he with Morocco or maybe he's in the squad for tomorrow?

Where was El Zhar? Is he with Morocco or maybe he's in the squad for tomorrow?

Nabil el Zhar wasn't available last week as he was at the Moroccan training camp for the Olympic Qualifying. And the three Hungarians are back in Hungary to play in the first round of the UEFA Under-19 Championship. However, András Simon had to pull out of the squad as he injured himself during their build-up last week. Some kind of shoulder injury.

It will be interesting to see if Krisztián Németh kan keep up his excellent goal-ratio at the UEFA Youth Championships. He has scored 8 goals in six games for the U-19 and 11 goals in nine games for the U-17 so far. That makes a total of 19 goals in only 15 games. 1,27 goals/game.