You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tis a full moon

Uncle_Meat

• 8 years later...

Look at some of the comments to this article on whether the full moon causes mood swings.

http://scienceline.org/2008/03/ask-grant-fullmoon/

My favourite:

" My daughter is very intuitive. She seems to sense things before it happens. She has been like this since she was little and is now 45. On a full moon when she leaves a store, the door alarms go off. She says she feels a magnetism on the full moon days. "

Thats all true, the moon gets electrically charged by the Earth's magnetotail when the moon is full. It's not so much the surface of the moon, it's the half of the moon in darkness that collects the electrons and becomes electrically charged. It releases positive ions in the air which actually make you more irritable and can cause hyperactivity and depression. You'll notice this on the forum by more instances of arguments in the lead up to a full moon.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

Just driven down to Ipswich for work. Booked into one of these pub restaurants with accommodation. Got settled. Had my tea. Have just wandered back to the room across the pub garden, and there’s a fucking massive blood red full moon hanging low in the sky. I’m stuck in Suffolk, werewolf fucking central, on a full moon, and without any silver bullets or knives.

Luckily my room is on the first floor and two German families have just booked into family rooms on the ground floor. A veritable all-you-can-eat buffet for a werewolf.

• Upvote 4