You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Initial thoughts LFC TV?

d.k.E.

Well, after almost a week of programming what are your initial thoughts? (I considered that this may be too early to ask, but as most seem to judge a player's success at the club on their appearance as a 72nd minute substitute...)

So far enjoyed what I saw, with following comments:

- Does the channel only have rights for Premiership years? Each time I have seen a match/highlights from past years, they have been post '92 - what about earlier?

- the adverts could do with changing - the sequence Calrsberg/Setanta/John Barnes preview/ Setanta is burned in my mind

- the EPG doesn't seem to reflect the programme being broadcast

- commentator is a bit too enthusiastic about Liverpool goals and chances.

Any more?

Alright so far. Repeats a far bit but thats to be expected as every satellite channel does.

Get a bit of a build up before the match starts which is far better then the usual shite Sky offer up.

Yet to see a live game on there so i dont know how they will fare when that happens.

The commentator is bound to get a little excited when Liverpool score as i would imagine he is a Liverpool fan.

Its great to see people like Gary Mac, Gary Gillespie, Roy Evans, David Fairclough on there giving there opinion has its done from the heart and they tend to give the view us fans have instead of going with the flavour of the month.

Watched a bit of it, I don't want to watch the reserves or any of the up and coming starlets, I much prefer to watch proper football like we used to play in the 60's 70's and 80's, I hope they get whatever permission they need to show some of the games from any of the above era's so us old so and so's can relive our youth. :whistle:

It might have a few teething probs seeing as it's only just started. As fo the Oz broadband I have had some probs with connection etc today so it may also be a teething thing. I think if you're broadband is 1mb + you should be fine. If it's streaming set it to the 225 instead of the 450. If you are on 2mb + you should be ok with the 450.

As for the channel, early days yet but it's nice to have around. Always interesting to see some old faces too and the Barnes show should be good.

That girl presenter who Malarkey made a thread about is crap at interviewing people. She has got no flow. Just structured questions with no charisma.

Agreed - incredibly stilted, I saw her do the news section and there was no flow at all.

Enjoyed the Academy profile programme though...