You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paul

After this thread I decided to get S1 and must say its fantastic show, great idea now working my way through s2 and even though I thought they should have let it go i'm glad they didnt, just as good and plus they have that hot brunette who keeps getting her norks out at every opportunity!

Cheers Chaps!

• 6 months later...

I watched the final episodes of series 1 last night and thought it was superb. Hearing people talk about the plot of a serial killer who does good deeds by killing other serial killers whilst analysing the blood of the victims of other serial killers whilst being toyed with by another serial killer all seemed incredibly far fetched. but somehow, it worked. I'm looking forward to making a start on series 2!

Season 2 rules - great ending, nice and neat too.

Apparently there will be a season 3, I would hope its the last - to preserve its greatness!!

Yup, Season 3 starts two months today :)

Fantastic show, I got in to it from the very beginning when I managed to get hold of some leaked preview eps. I have read the first two books, the later being much better than the first.

After season one was so good I really didn't know where they would take season two but they didn't let us down. I heard some of the ideas for seasons three and it sounds great - but I won't spoilt it.

Yup, Season 3 starts two months today :)

Fantastic show, I got in to it from the very beginning when I managed to get hold of some leaked preview eps. I have read the first two books, the later being much better than the first.

After season one was so good I really didn't know where they would take season two but they didn't let us down. I heard some of the ideas for seasons three and it sounds great - but I won't spoilt it.

start making it, or it comes out in america?

i cant fucking wait, best show on tv since the sopranos

dexter rocks

Just be careful you guys , we are only about 6 episodes into season 2 in the UK so don't spoil it for us ( Don't bother mentioning downloading either , Torrentspy could be Kim Philby's codename for all I know & care ).

Out of interest , I read the first Dexter book last week and it veers away from the series totally from about halfway ( Dex's sister never has a romance with the baddie & a character who is in series 2 on tv , actually gets killed at the end of the book amongst other stuff )

Just be careful you guys , we are only about 6 episodes into season 2 in the UK so don't spoil it for us ( Don't bother mentioning downloading either , Torrentspy could be Kim Philby's codename for all I know & care ).

Out of interest , I read the first Dexter book last week and it veers away from the series totally from about halfway ( Dex's sister never has a romance with the baddie & a character who is in series 2 on tv , actually gets killed at the end of the book amongst other stuff )

All I'll say is you can look forward to some great episodes :yes:

is it worth a read Roger? there`s 3 books out now, but im tempted to get the first 2, i dont want to ruin the third series for myself, by reading it before its out on tv

is it worth a read Roger? there`s 3 books out now, but im tempted to get the first 2, i dont want to ruin the third series for myself, by reading it before its out on tv

I thought I had posted something about the Jeff Lindsey books but I must have not hit reply. Anyway, I was not that impressed with the ones I read (the first two).

I was expecting the concept (Dexter's voices / dark passenger / etc) to work really well in print but the TV writers have done a much better job. The books and the show, at times, follow a very close path and you will notice word for word paragraphs, but they are totally different in how they develop.

I found the first book quite boring and it was a let down after watching the show. The 2nd book was much better but I don't think I will now bother with the third.

btw, if you were to read either of those now (mid way through s02) it would not really spoil much but it may give you some hints of where they will take season 3.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I only got into this show a few weeks ago and I loved it so much I watched the first 2 series in a few days.

I got the first episode of season 3 and it was pretty good, I kind of got the feeling it might be getting a bit old though but I'm hoping that feeling will go away once the real story lines kick in.

It will be hard for them to top the story lines of the first 2 seasons though and still keep it fresh. Season 2 was so great because he was always so close to being caught and I don't think they can do that kind of thing again without it being repetitious.

I'm sure there will be some pleasant surprises along the way though.

Just finished the third book and felt it was the weakest of the three.

Usually a book will always be better than the film / tv series , but this is definitely not the case in this situation.

The first book had followed a similar path to the series without the depth , but the second was a totally separate story with characters who have never appeared in the series and dexter was never really under pressure like he was on tv. It was OK but would not have compromised the TV viewing. The third was a bit silly in my opinion , with an extremely unbelievable plot device with Rita's kids.

• 3 months later...