You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paul

Did anyone else shed manly tears at the end of Dexter, even though the ending wasn't great? dex assisting Deb's death was really sad.

Si is right that there were so many incredulous things in the show but suspension of belief is important if you are to enjoy something.  No-one in the Dexter world seemed to be capable of sending a text message when voice-mail inboxes were full, there didn't seem to be any CCTV except when Dex needed it.  If you pick everything like that then you'd never enjoy any fiction I reckon.

Invested a lot of time in that show and it was nice to get closure - and what is everyone else gonna be watching next?

As for spin-off's, I don't feel any of the other characters were strong enough to provide one except maybe the Miami homicide team as a whole.

A couple of seasons dipped a bit for me, but all in a all, a cracking watch.

As with most series though, the plots seems to get a bit too far fetched in the end, and the final season gets rushed.

I've been hooked on Dexter, Weeds, Sopranos and Breaking Bad, but so far, Breaking Bad has managed the best drama at the end.

Sopranos offered the most original end.

Weeds just petered out.

I think Dexter's ending is just about as decent as it could have been.... there's only really a few possible outcomes, even though there's countless ways to arrive at those few final outcomes. Whichever outcome they'd chosen to go with, it would have disappointed in some way. They managed to limit the disappointment (in my eyes).

I didn't get into this last series at all, I watched them all but I think I was just done with it. The series with 3rd rock from the sun guy can't remember his name right now was the best for me and after that I never enjoyed it as much.

Then when breaking bad and boardwalk came back on Dexter just seemed to not be on that level anymore.

Sorry to see it gone but the last 3 series stretched the whole thing to breaking point and beyond. If it had have stopped after series 5 it would have rivalled the likes of the Sopranos for entertainment but it turned into a bit of a comedy after that. It was hardly suspenseful or creepy after that.

If it was a pet it should have been put down a couple of years ago but it was sort of nice to have it around a bit longer.

• 7 years later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

I'm enjoying the new series, but his young lad, who's clearly a 30 year old man playing a 16 year old kid is a bit hard to take. 

Am I allowed to mention the jubblies that where in display in the latest episode? 

They where majestic....... I miss being young

Shame on you. 

People deserve photos.

skyler_wright_nude_dexter-thefappeningbl

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Deb berating him is getting old, but this is good stuff so far. Looks like we've entered end game now, with this week's episode.

I've not seen this week's yet, but I've been sold on the series after last week.

Deb's nagging does my head in. In the original series her best aspect was she was funny. We need more of that but up to now those glimpses have been small. 

3 hours ago, sir roger said:

Like most of these things , it will probably depend on the viewer numbers. 

I read something that they've decided not to commit one way or another. I suspect though for them, they'll be happy to get their chance to rewrite the ending. 

2 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

I'm enjoying the new series, but his young lad, who's clearly a 30 year old man playing a 16 year old kid is a bit hard to take. 

Am I allowed to mention the jubblies that where in display in the latest episode? 

They where majestic....... I miss being young

Hahaha. He's not fucking 16 is he? Can't quite believe they cast him to play a kid. 

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I've not seen this week's yet, but I've been sold on the series after last week.

Deb's nagging does my head in. In the original series her best aspect was she was funny. We need more of that but up to now those glimpses have been small. 

I read something that they've decided not to commit one way or another. I suspect though for them, they'll be happy to get their chance to rewrite the ending. 

Hahaha. He's not fucking 16 is he? Can't quite believe they cast him to play a kid. 

He's in and around 16, wasn't he only a baby in the last series, and what was that, 10-12 years ago? 

But he's been played by a hairy arsed oul fella