You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

stop moaning nob jockeys

DalyanPete

Let me get this straight then.

According to you two everybody's supposed to be happy after three displays like that?

I think people need to be a little less instant in their judgement. I think discussing the manager's future is entirely premature. I think booing an undefeated team at Anfield is a fucking joke, even if the display wasn't a great one.

In the past league tables never used to come out until six games had been played, now people are doing league tables at half time in the first game of the season. I think Alistair Campbell had a point when he criticised news channels, for over analysing every detail, for overusing opinionated correspondents and for helping to create. He said increased competition and the demands of 24-hour news meant reporters spent more time analysing stories than letting facts speak for themselves. I think it's the same with football now.

Compared to our rivals this is the best start we have made for several seasons. It's just way to early to be casting judgment. Some of the criticism aimed at Rafa has been almost vitriolic. People basically accusing Rafa of letting his ego rule his decisions.

It seems like some people enjoy criticising the players, the manager and the club. Maybe that is just a reflection of how the game has changed?

will we win the league.

should rafa be sacked.

stop rotating

FUCK OFF AND SUPPORT YOUR SECOND TEAMS IF YOUR NOT HAPPY.

you all listen the god that is andy fuckin gray to much.

he shouldnt be sacked but he should be criticised

whats wrong with saying stop rotating? it hasnt worked for him before (at Liverpool anyway)

Adam, there's a lot of truth in whzat you say. But such is just the reality we must live with these days. You can't expect people not to use a medium such as this to analyse and to air their views. It's given everyone a chance to be heard.

Also, with every game being televised, it is possible for many more people to see every game. I'm sure our successful teams of the past also suffered 0-0 draws at home and played out boring 1-0's. But nobody really knew except the 40,000 in the ground.

You just can't expect everyoone to keep quiet. Of course people's views and posts are heat of the moment but isn't that also what makes a forum like this interesting?

Interesting? That's one word to describe it.

I think people having a voice is fine. But some people just demand to be heard. It's not a dialogue, it's diatribe. The same opinion is expressed time and again. People try and constructively challenge these views and they are just ignored.

I don't find it interesting, I find it annoying. I find it thoughtless and I find it boring.

maybe I just need to stick to the GF unless we've won 6-0.

But why do you read the forums if it's not to hear views of fellow fans?

A lot of what is said on here is repetition, and some people are a lot worse than others, but you can't impose a quality control censorship.

Unfortunately the people who's opinion I want to read are just a drop in the ocean. There are a lot of other middle of the road views which are fine, even if I don't agree. The problem is the amount of crap, generally posted by a small minority of posters.

I also think that newbies to the site see how certain members post and think that is how it should be done.

Now I'm moaning about people moaning, which is ironic.

Walking into the ground & seeing Torres warming up in the sub's group I was surprised & dissapointed.

I thought there were a good number of sub-standard performances including our Captain.

BUT

it's like were bottom of the table taking the mood here on the internet & shipping goals against every game.

10 games in is a fair judge and our next 4 (to get to 10) are

Wigan A

Tottenham H

Everton A

Arsenal H

Then is the time to judge how the season is going, but as of now we're undefeated without a goal against in open play.

Attack as the emphasis, with a first choice established front 2 would be nice though.

I also think that newbies to the site see how certain members post and think that is how it should be done.

Surely you should draw Rawk or Ynwa? If you don't like it join a heavily moderated site where the likes of Rash and Nik would have their threads deleted.

Surely you should draw Rawk or Ynwa? If you don't like it join a heavily moderated site where the likes of Rash and Nik would have their threads deleted.

Due to the size of membership on a site like RAWK, moderation is necessary. I'm not so sure it is on YAWN, but then, I'm not a big fan of that site or the members that use it.

This is my preferred site, it's just a shame that as soon as there is anything negative to discuss it goes into meltdown.

This is my preferred site, it's just a shame that as soon as there is anything negative to discuss it goes into meltdown.

So where were all these superfans when Dave U and his minnions were ripping into Houllier and Heskey with more vitriol than Courtney Love on a bad hair day? We were winning cups, coming 3rd or 4th, playing dour football with a mean defence, did I miss the progression to flowing football and title challengers.

Houllier was our manager, Heskey was a Liverpool player.

So where were all these superfans when Dave U and his minnions were ripping into Houllier and Heskey with more vitriol than Courtney Love on a bad hair day? We were winning cups, coming 3rd or 4th, playing dour football with a mean defence, did I miss the progression to flowing football and title challengers.

:thumbsup: Top post... and very true.

Except I do think we have much better players now, a better manager and we do hold our own against the top sides in Europe.

I wasn't around in those days, so I can't comment.

I think this forum was quite a different forum back then. I'm sure all the forums were different back then, and will all be different again in another three years.

I don't think any forums had good words to say about Houllier in the end. Not until after he'd left anyway.

Not really, I'd go on Yawn and Dave would get a hell of a slating (I happened to agree with him).

Unfortunately the people who's opinion I want to read are just a drop in the ocean. There are a lot of other middle of the road views which are fine, even if I don't agree. The problem is the amount of crap, generally posted by a small minority of posters.

my post yesterday was more a rant at the media and their portrayal of our games and yes i do feel the players dont get their fair share of the criticism when we play badly, i feel entitled to that opinion, it doesnt mean im writing off our season or turning on anyone at the club.

my post yesterday was more a rant at the media and their portrayal of our games and yes i do feel the players dont get their fair share of the criticism when we play badly' date=' i feel entitled to that opinion, it doesnt mean im writing off our season or turning on anyone at the club.[/quote']

You weren't actually one of the people I was referring to. Although it was a bit of a rant and not that clear, the point you were making was something slightly different and not something that has been repeated ad finitum.

My knee-jerk comment was more a reference to the general extra threads that pop up when we don't have a resounding performance and victory.

sorry but thats bollocks, weve showed real signs of improvement under rafa, in terms of performance and squad, and personally speaking my main major grievance with ged by the end of his reign was that he was acting as if us, the fans knew nothing about football and that we didnt have the right to criticise what were ridiculously poor performances, and ny then we werent anywhere near winning cups and were struggling to finish in the top 4 against a declining newcastle team.