You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Frasier

Faustus

Frasier was superb until they finally got Niles and Daphne together. Part of the show's charm was seeing Niles' bumbling efforts to woo Daphne and her obliviousness and ditzy nature. 

One brilliant episode is when the Cranes, Daphne, her best mate and a ski instructor are staying at a ski lodge for a weekend break. Frasier's "and NOBODY was chasing me?" line is almost Sideshow Bob dark in its delivery.

Also, when Roz covers for him when he's late because he's arguing over car parking charges. She inadvertently lets slip that she slept with him and when he finally arrives late for work and takes over, his perfectly innocent explanations to his listeners for his lateness are taken totally out of context by everybody else after what went before. She just wants the ground to open and swallow her up.

I'm sure there are clips of these scenes or entire episodes somewhere.

• 4 months later...

Just sat up all night watching episodes of Frasier. One of the greatest comedies of all time. Just watched the one where Bulldog gets the man of the year award after lying about using Roz as a shield during an attempted armed robbery. Superb.

Ha ha! Saw that one on Ch4 a few weeks ago. Great stuff. It's on every morning on Ch4 at 9am. I have it on Series link. Love it

Frasier is superb.

For me the father series Cheers is even better.

The first three series of Cheers with Sam, Diane and Coach is as good as sitcoms get. Series 4 and 5 with Sam and Diane was almost as good. Series 6-11 also superb but not quite as good.

For me Cheers is the greatest sitcom of all

• 3 years later...

Possible Frasier revival? 

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/frasier-kelsey-grammer-hints-that-a-revival-will-be-announced-soon/

Can’t get behind the shouts that Cheers was better though earlier in the thread. Frasier was miles ahead I reckon, possibly the greatest sitcom of all time. Watched Ham radio before and it still cracks me up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

Possible Frasier revival? 

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/frasier-kelsey-grammer-hints-that-a-revival-will-be-announced-soon/

Can’t get behind the shouts that Cheers was better though earlier in the thread. Frasier was miles ahead I reckon, possibly the greatest sitcom of all time. Watched Ham radio before and it still cracks me up.

I saw him interviewed on something a month or two ago, but he was leading towards a new cast, new city. 

• 8 months later...

I’m optimistic about this. They could have left the character alone after Cheers but I’m glad they never. 

Kelsey Grammer has teased that the reboot of 90's sitcom hit Frasier is "ready to go," and could air as early as next summer.

Revealing that he was "in the midst" of talks with potential networks, he said: "We’ve got it hatched,  We’ve hatched the plan, what we think is the right way to go. 

"We’re sort of on standby a little bit, working on a couple of possible network deals that we’re circling, and Frasier is sort of in a second position to that. But a revisit to Frasier, Frasier’s world, is I think definitely gonna come."

The original Emmy-winning series followed psychiatrist Dr Frasier Crane, who starts a radio advice show in Seattle. Speaking about the reboot, Grammer revealed on In Depth with Graham Bensinger that the new series will be a departure from what viewers were familiar with.

"We’ll see how people respond to it, because it’s not gonna be the same place, not gonna be Seattle, it’s not gonna be the same Frasier, it’s gonna be the man in his next iteration. Hopefully that'll be something people like watching," he said.

"It’s still his search for love, for one thing, I think that will always go on for Frasier, but [also] a connection with his son."

Asked when he think it will start, Grammer teased: "Spring. Probably late summer next year. It’s ready to go."

Earlier this year Grammer revealed that Frasier would probably have changed profession, working as an "art dealer" or a "professor," and may be living in Chicago where he moved at the end of the original series in 2004.