You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Racism in Southern America..

Stouffer

57 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

She is one though the fucking boot 

55 minutes ago, Captain Milk said:

Yeah brilliant stuff.

51 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

She is, I can't stand her. Clearly she is your afternoon wank material bro so each to their own. 

49 minutes ago, Captain Milk said:

I can’t be arsed to have a conversation with you about this, I clearly think you’re being a tit.

38 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I didn't want one. 

The Milk’s gone sour. This chump clearly hasn’t got the vocabulary to debate you, Stig. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

The Milk’s gone sour. This chump clearly hasn’t got the vocabulary to debate you, Stig. 

We can't agree on everything. Plus, he is clearly better at articulating stuff than me. I just spew swear words, shit inflammatory jokes and the odd word spelt correctly. I've got the looks though. 

13 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

We can't agree on everything. Plus, he is clearly better at articulating stuff than me. I just spew swear words, shit inflammatory jokes and the odd word spelt correctly. I've got the looks though. 

Its quite an even match.

On the one hand, to quote Max Cady, The milkman could out think you, out smart you and out philosophize you.

On the other hand, you would win a Giph off every day of the week 

Sadly hijacked by extremists!

Isn't that a fucking surprise. If every single protester across the entire UK was peaceful the gov/authorities would probably send a bunch of people out there to cause shit just so that it was plastered all over the papers/tv/news and this idiot could say what he's saying now. And loads of other idiots could also join in, tarnishing the entire protest and reducing it to a bunch of clowns.

I often come back to this in these cases but do we tarnish all football fans next because a small minority get pissed and go around scrapping after a match? Does it mean that all football fans have been sadly "hijacked by extremists intent on violence?"

Fucking fake Tory swine.

This could be some education that a lot of Johnson and Trump muppets might learn from too. Like the fucking clown himself recently said on twitter : "THOSE THAT DENY THEIR HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT!"

No matter what, the lessons that seem to shock my students the most center on the Black Panther Party and COINTELPRO. Even though I’m providing the materials to students, they still come up to me aghast and say, “Did you know about this?” The demonization still present when speaking about the Black Panther Party in this country is astounding. Even students who grew up in predominately black communities have only learned about the black freedom movement as one of violence and hatred. When they learn of the murder of Fred Hampton, there is nearly palpable anger.

The last time I taught with these materials, I had a student who almost never did his work. He was trying to graduate and had to do one final project and chose this time period. When he realized no one had taught him this history in his 12 years of school, he was astounded. He put in more effort on that project than any of the 60 other students with similar projects. The idea that he had been manipulated and taught to hate people who were trying to help their own community resonated as a reflection of what is happening with the Black Lives Matter movement and the classification of that group as a hate group.

As a teacher of African American history, my class generally centers on how the shaping of narratives changes the way that history is interpreted. Students come to my class used to talking about slavery and black struggle, but also having a limited understanding of the overall scope of the African American experience. They presume history goes like this: Slavery was bad, then it ended, things got a little better but not enough, so MLK came along and everything was good, until some people turned their back on his peaceful mission and ruined it for everyone. This is the traditional narrative that I get when I ask students to write out what they know about black history.

Once we start to delve into the stories, the students start to see how much manipulation is built into the U.S. education system.

https://www.zinnedproject.org/materials/cointelpro-teaching-fbis-war-black-freedom-movement/

1 hour ago, BeefStroganoff said:

But i thought they didn't get opportunities? Over the last few days some of you in here have been quick to generalise that everything is racist and thats that. The problem is, you cherry pick what you want to understand. Momo looks like he's getting an opportunity in this country to do something with his life.

its just fucking bizarre all round. I don't even know if you lot know what you are supposedly fighting for.

Yes.  You're right.  That's exactly what's been happening.

We've been saying that BAME people in the UK suffer 100% unemployment and every one of them has been barred from ever attending a school.  The existence of one person making a go of their career obviously blows all our arguments out of the water.

Now excuse me while I atone for my stupid leftie ways by getting a tattoo of "All Lives Matter" on a Union Jack.

Sarcastic The Simpsons GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Yes.  You're right.  That's exactly what's been happening.

We've been saying that BAME people in the UK suffer 100% unemployment and every one of them has been barred from ever attending a school.  The existence of one person making a go of their career obviously blows all our arguments out of the water.

Now excuse me while I atone for my stupid leftie ways by getting a tattoo of "All Lives Matter" on a Union Jack.

Sarcastic The Simpsons GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

No you've been saying theres little to no opportunities for POC, and what opportunities they do get are compromised anyway because we are all inherently racist (i.e white) posting random 'fact' articles that some bozo journalist cherry picked off .gov and with a little digging produce absolutely no evidence whatsoever that its due SOLELY to racism.

Anyway you might enjoy this. Always nice to see a marxist attitude in the name of fairness. 

Some highlights include:

The protesters were not rioting or violent

It was the polices fault, even though they did no policing

Defund the police and police ourselves

Put the money into communities instead therefore removing gangs and criminality as people would have money

Which would stop drug gangs and dealing, making them disappear and people come off drugs

On 11/06/2020 at 02:30, Neil G said:

As for the rest of your post, you seem to be getting more angry about people’s reactions to racist killings than about the racist killings themselves. I’m assuming you think the killings are the bigger problem, which suggests to me that this leads back to your pessimism about people ever being able to change things. I’m not going to pretend that it’s easy, but from where I’m standing it’s better than complaining about how fucked up everything is and then pulling down every effort to try and make things a bit better.

I may have been overly generous in my assumption here.

1 hour ago, Sugar Ape said:

Seen this getting traction on Twitter. 

However, then seen someone posting this in response. 

Interesting how people see the incident differently even when you watch the entire 11-minute video on youtube

and read the twitter comments.

Also, this is 3 months old and being shared now.

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Nice to see beef stroganoff ( @Sugar Ape, whats their previous name? ) is as much of a clueless cunt about politics as he is about football. I’ve nothing constructive to add, but he’s a cunt. 

HTH. 

Pretty sure it was Hank Moody mate. Very similar posting style and seems like the same kind of cunt.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Interesting how people see the incident differently even when you watch the entire 11-minute video on youtube

and read the twitter comments.

Also, this is 3 months old and being shared now.

I guess any questionable stuff that happened relatively recently, and perhaps didn’t get much attention at the time, will find a new, more receptive audience now.