You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Racism in Southern America..

Stouffer

5 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

Someone--Howie?--mentioned how few black US senators there have been.

My math is terrible (I can't even spell it correctly), but here goes:

There have been approx. 2000 senators total.

Assuming a uniform average length of service over time, there have been approx. 1200 senators since the end of the civil war in 1865.

There have been ten (10) black senators in those 150 years (and two of those were appointed).

That's not even 1%.

In Congress, (using the same math) there have been approx. 6600 members since the end of the civil war. 153 have been black. Roughly 2.3%.

The percentage of black people in the US is approx. 12% and was there or thereabouts in 1865 as well.

Yeah,but thats because they put all their efforts into sports! And none of them are in need of any help like!

19 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

IT WAS NEVER FUCKING MEANT TO BE, THAT WAS THE FUCKING POINT.

Good night all, I've expanded all the energy Im prepard to on here today.

YOU SAID IT WAS A JOKE! WHATS THE POINT OF SAYING IT IF IT WASNT MEANT TO BE FUNNY?

Good night Bruce and thank you for that energy

Fucking hell. I reverse my stance entirely. Once you start pulling episodes of faulty towers, I have to start campaigning for the fascists. Fuck sake.

@Grinch How much is your EDL membership, monthly? Do they offer discounts for paying a year up front? Can you send me a referral link or something?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Faulty Tower ‘Don’t Mention The War’ episode removed from UKTV.

A lot of people on here that voted for great comedies are going to start changing their tune very soon. 

Got to keep singing from the same hymn sheet, no original thought allowed. 

6 minutes ago, Grinch said:

A lot of people on here that voted for great comedies are going to start changing their tune very soon. 

Got to keep singing from the same hymn sheet, no original thought allowed. 

Or you could be nuanced and balanced and take things in context,you know stuff researched by scientists and not just a headline hastily thought up by a daily rag.

16 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Or you could be nuanced and balanced and take things in context,you know stuff researched by scientists and not just a headline hastily thought up by a daily rag.

Yup, I agree wholeheartedly.   Not everything is black and white. 

5 hours ago, Nunavut Patrick said:

So was the woman who called 911 on the bird watcher in New York. 

Now, I'm guessing It Ain't Half Hot Mum is off limits.

Oh well nevermind .

Personally I thought "Love thy Neighbour" was never within limits. Horrible unfunny racist shit, full of white and black stereotypes.

" 'Til death us do part" has probably disappeared by now as well