You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Racism in Southern America..

Stouffer

2 hours ago, CapeRed said:

That quote is from a time when black people in the US had almost no legal rights and in some places there were considered less than human. They have those rights now and they have the power to be heard without destroying .

MLK also said he wanted to see people judged by the content of their character and not the colour of their skin. Something a lot of folk today are not doing.

Yeah, I'm sure it's an absolute fucking picnic being black in the USA. After all, if they were still considered as less than human, someone would have to start a movement to assert that their lives actually matter.

4 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Yeah, I'm sure it's an absolute fucking picnic being black in the USA. After all, if they were still considered as less than human, someone would have to start a movement to assert that their lives actually matter.

Oh yeah right you posted something from MLK in the 60's sayiing its ok to to riot. Its got fuck all to do with now. Nobody is saying black people are less than human so fuck off with that narative too.

1 hour ago, CapeRed said:

Oh yeah right you posted something from MLK in the 60's sayiing its ok to to riot. Its got fuck all to do with now. Nobody is saying black people are less than human so fuck off with that narative too.

Maybe "nobody is saying" that, but the bottom line is that black people keep getting killed by white people and white murderers keep getting off scot free.

But, whatever, there's no racism in the USA any more.

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Maybe "nobody is saying" that, but the bottom line is that black people keep getting killed by white people and white murderers keep getting off scot free.

But, whatever, there's no racism in the USA any more.

Best you check up your stats because more black people are killed by other black people than by white people but maybe that doesnt suit the narrative?

48 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

Best you check up your stats because more black people are killed by other black people than by white people but maybe that doesnt suit the narrative?

Ah, I like it when people double down on stupid. You and Gnasher should get to know one another some time.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CapeRed said:

A keyboard warrior.....last refuge of the ill informed. Grow up son.

Huh?

You think 7% is a large majority and I'm ill informed?

Are you a Tory or leave voter?

That's the kind of magical thinking that goes on over there when it comes to talking about majorities.

1 hour ago, skend04 said:

Huh?

You think 7% is a large majority and I'm ill informed?

Are you a Tory or leave voter?

That's the kind of magical thinking that goes on over there when it comes to talking about majorities.

Im not over there for a start and is accusing me of being a tory supposed to make me step back? I left Liverpool because Thatcher destroyed the industry there you uppity gobshite. Yep I think you are ill informed,   you accused me of doubling down on stupid when I said more black people are murdered by black people than by white people. Show me Im wrong. 

19 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

Im not over there for a start and is accusing me of being a tory supposed to make me step back? I left Liverpool because Thatcher destroyed the industry there you uppity gobshite. Yep I think you are ill informed,   you accused me of doubling down on stupid when I said more black people are murdered by black people than by white people. Show me Im wrong. 

Why did you feel the need to say more blacks are killed by blacks, like anyone disputes that. Anywhere. Which follows on from you excusing right-wing militia interjecting on peaceful protests by saying that the large majority of protests are violent when they clearly aren't.

2 hours ago, skend04 said:

Why did you feel the need to say more blacks are killed by blacks, like anyone disputes that. Anywhere. Which follows on from you excusing right-wing militia interjecting on peaceful protests by saying that the large majority of protests are violent when they clearly aren't.

Because a statement was made saying white men keep killing black men and yet the major problem facing black americans comes from within their own community not from some idiot with a confederate flag.Please also find my post where I excused right wing militia interjecting on peaceful protests. You seem to think its ok that some of the protests were violent because in your eyes only 7 or 8 percent , according to the link you posted, were violent . My research disputes that , however for me the percentage doesnt matter people were killed and businesses destroyed in those peaceful protests and when protest end up like thst people have the right to protect themselves. Just to clarify I have no time for agenda driven violence  from the  right or left leaning organisations and it appears that things are toxic over there right now driven by the media from both sides.

49 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

Because a statement was made saying white men keep killing black men and yet the major problem facing black americans comes from within their own community not from some idiot with a confederate flag.

Don't think his point was that white guys kill black guys in greater numbers than black on black murders but that white guys tend to get away with it far more often, certainly white guys in a position of power/influence.

Some of the, admittedly anecdotal, evidence of black v white arrests & sentencing for crimes (any) is hugely skewed in favour of white people which is then split further by wealth.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, skend04 said:

Ah, I like it when people double down on stupid. You and Gnasher should get to know one another some time.

Don't bring me into your shit you fucking mug. You were the absolute cuntstain implying poor people on low wages were somehow responsible for low wages. You're a closet tory prick.

Pretty sure you could have just locked the door and called the police, Kyle. Jesus, is life really so cheap.

You know what’s really fucked up - after he shoots the guy everyone just fucking stands there having a conversation like it’s nothing major, while there’s a dead guy on the porch.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Pretty sure you could have just locked the door and called the police, Kyle. Jesus, is life really so cheap.

You know what’s really fucked up - after he shoots the guy everyone just fucking stands there having a conversation like it’s nothing major, while there’s a dead guy on the porch.

Yep that wound me up as well. Almost a “well what have you gone and done that for? I’m not cleaning the blood up” attitude 

6 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Is it really though? Given it’s enormous power and wealth it could be much worse. There are places far more fucked up than America.

I'd have thought it's wealth and power could be used to make it more tolerant, not as an excuse for its disharmony.