You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Racism in Southern America..

Stouffer

23 minutes ago, Em City said:

Jennifer Read, Chad’s widow, said the following in the affidavit:

“The present circumstances of the children will significantly impair the children’s physical health or emotional development.

“I am the stepmother of the children the subject of this suit. The mother of the children, Christina Read, has endangered the physical health and emotional well-being of the children by permitting them to be in the presence of the man that murdered their father, Chad Read. Chad Read was assaulted by Kyle Carruth, and then murdered by Kyle Carruth, which Chad Read was attempting to pick one of the children from Christina Read for his court ordered period of possession.

ADVERTISEMENT

“Christina Read and Kyle Carruth have been engaged in an ongoing affair, despite Kyle Carruth being married. On October 30, 2021, Chad Read informed Christina Read that he had evidence of her affair with Kyle Carruth and that he was going to go public with it. On November 5, 2021, after 4:00 p.m., myself and my minor son were physically present when Chad Read met with Christina Read at Kyle Carruth’s residence at 2100 90th St, Lubbock, Texas. We were there to pick up Chad’s youngest son. Chad was supposed to have custody of the child beginning at 3:15pm, but Christina stated that, she “wanted to see him” as her excuse to why she had not produced the child as ordered by the court at the time required.

“I believe that Christina Read and Kyle Carruth engaged in a conspiracy to assault and/or murder Chad that day.

“The entire interaction took place outside of the residence. While Chad was inquiring about the location of the youngest son, Kyle Carruth went inside the residence. At the moment Kyle Carruth turned to go inside, Christina Read took several steps back away from the door and immediately began recording what I believe to be video with her phone.

“As Chad was declaring that he was preparing to issue subpoenas to bring everyone into Court and expose the affair, Kyle Carruth emerged from the residence. When he emerged from the residence, he had a new sense of self-confidence brandishing a black rifle in a menacing manner and screaming. Chad had not threatened any force, or used any force, against Kyle or Christina that would justify Kyle pulling a firearm on Chad. During this entire interaction, Chad Read was completely unarmed.

ADVERTISEMENT

“Kyle Carruth then pointed the firearm at Chad’s feet as Chad was slowly walking over to where Kyle was and while they exchanged words. Kyle Carruth then put the firearm to Chad’s side but with the muzzle beyond Chad’s back. The barrel of Kyle Carruth’s firearm was wildly pointing in multiple directions, including at me and at Christina Read while he was bumping chests with Chad and while he was pushing Chad with his chest.

“Kyle Carruth then took a step backwards and fired a single shot at Chad’s feet. Kyle didn’t maintain the barrel at Chad, but instead stood back defiantly with the firearm pointed at the ground off to the side. After being fired upon by Kyle Carruth, Chad attempted to defend himself by keeping the barrel of the firearm from being pointed at him. Kyle Carruth then ran away several steps from Chad, spun around, raised the rifle, and fired two shots into Chad Read.

“Immediately after shooting Chad, Kyle Carruth stood over Chad Read’s dying body and wagged his finger at me and said, “I told all of y’all to leave.” He didn’t say that Chad posed a threat to Christina or any other person. He didn’t attempt to render any aid to Chad, he didn’t maintain the barrel at Chad as though he thought Chad was a threat to him.

“I recorded the shooting on my cell phone. During this entire incident, I didn’t realize that Kyle Carruth was holding and brandishing an actual firearm. At that time, I thought that it was some type of stun-gun or paintball gun. Even when Kyle Carruth fired the shots, the sound was very muffled and not as loud as I now firearms to be. It wasn’t until I got to Chad on the ground that I realized that he had in fact been shot and that the weapon held by Kyle Carruth was a firearm.

ADVERTISEMENT

“During the assault and murder, Christina Read was calm and didn’t act surprised. She acted as though she knew what the plan was all along. She took no steps to stop Kyle Carruth from murdering Chad. following the assault and murder, Christina Read continued to remain calm, she didn’t react, and she continued to record Chad as he laid there dying. Christina read did not take any steps to render aid to Chad.

“On Monday following the murder, Judge Ann-Marie Carruth the then wife of Kyle Carruth filed an affidavit in their divorce proceedings stating that, “[her] husband, William Kyle Carruth, is under investigation for the shooting and killing of his girlfriend’s children’s father after he attempted to pick up his children...” She also stated in that affidavit that she was, “very concerned about [Kyle Carruth’s] mental state.” I learned this information from an article posted in the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal on November 19, 2021.

“Despite Kyle Carruth’s murder of Chad Read, and his mental state, Christina Read has continued to permit Kyle Carruth to be a part of these children’s lives. Christina Read continues to maintain a relationship with Kyle Carruth. Christina Read has continued to permit Kyle Carruth to have unsupervised possession of the youngest child from Lubbock County without supervision, and they are presently in DeLeon, Texas over 3.5 hours away.

“The children are aware that Kyle Carruth shot and killed their father in front of their mother, step-brother, and myself. Christina’s decision to allow either of these children to be in Kyle Carruth’s presence has caused, and continues to cause, significant impairment of their emotional well-being. The oldest child has expressed to me that he blames his mother for the shooting, and that he will run away from home if he sees Kyle there again.

ADVERTISEMENT

“It is my belief that Kyle Carruth and Christina Read intend to get married as soon as possible, and will likely move in together. I observed the divorce hearing between Kyle Carruth and Judge Anne-Marie Carruth. During that hearing, Kyle Carruth’s concern over the “waiting period” for remarriage when instructed by the Judge. Kyle Carruth’s concern over the ability to remarry quickly causes me to fear that he will have unfettered access to the children of the man he murdered.

“It is in the best interest of the children to be removed from Christina Read, and that her contact with the children be denied or at least restricted. [A child involved] is over the age of 12, and will confer in chambers with the Court to express his desire to reside with me.

“Chad Read and I lived together since November 2020. During that time, the children resided with us off and on over the year, which was greater than six months. While the children were with us, I had actual care, control, and possession of the children. Even prior to us moving in together, I had substantial contact with the children as Chad and I had been dating since April 2020.”

The shooter and the ex wife definitely instigated this. 

You’ve seen the video right?  You must have. What happened is right there. 

If I was worried that there was a chance that somebody intended to take my gun and harm me with it, I wouldn't take my gun outside with me into a potentially volatile situation. Or, if I had and my initial state of worry had progressed to somebody actually trying to take my gun off me and harm me, I'd like to think that I'd have the calmness and respect for the sanctity of life to both remove myself and my gun from that situation and call out the relevant authorities to deal with that volatile situation. I definitely wouldn't think that my first and only option would be to shoot dead the person I was in a heated argument with. There surely had to be a better, less big hole in your torsoy way to have dealt with that situation? 

On another note, a decent long read about the life and death of Ahmaud Arbery. 

https://www.runnersworld.com/runners-stories/a32883923/ahmaud-arbery-death-running-and-racism/

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

It is as I suspected, and he had a court-appointed right to be there. This has pre-meditation all over it.

Where are you getting this from? What court appointed right to be there did he have?  I’d have thought you of all people wouldn’t be speculating about stuff you’ve no idea about.  

21 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

If I was worried that there was a chance that somebody intended to take my gun and harm me with it, I wouldn't take my gun outside with me into a potentially volatile situation. Or, if I had and my initial state of worry had progressed to somebody actually trying to take my gun off me and harm me, I'd like to think that I'd have the calmness and respect for the sanctity of life to both remove myself and my gun from that situation and call out the relevant authorities to deal with that volatile situation. I definitely wouldn't think that my first and only option would be to shoot dead the person I was in a heated argument with. There surely had to be a better, less big hole in your torsoy way to have dealt with that situation? 

On another note, a decent long read about the life and death of Ahmaud Arbery. 

https://www.runnersworld.com/runners-stories/a32883923/ahmaud-arbery-death-running-and-racism/

Lovely insight. Worthless, but nice to know. 

8 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Where are you getting this from? What court appointed right to be there did he have?  I’d have thought you of all people wouldn’t be speculating about stuff you’ve no idea about.  

The bit from Em City's post from the deceased's widow.

Chad Read was attempting to pick one of the children from Christina Read for his court ordered period of possession.

1 hour ago, Em City said:

Jennifer Read, Chad’s widow, said the following in the affidavit:

“The present circumstances of the children will significantly impair the children’s physical health or emotional development.

“I am the stepmother of the children the subject of this suit. The mother of the children, Christina Read, has endangered the physical health and emotional well-being of the children by permitting them to be in the presence of the man that murdered their father, Chad Read. Chad Read was assaulted by Kyle Carruth, and then murdered by Kyle Carruth, which Chad Read was attempting to pick one of the children from Christina Read for his court ordered period of possession.

ADVERTISEMENT

“Christina Read and Kyle Carruth have been engaged in an ongoing affair, despite Kyle Carruth being married. On October 30, 2021, Chad Read informed Christina Read that he had evidence of her affair with Kyle Carruth and that he was going to go public with it. On November 5, 2021, after 4:00 p.m., myself and my minor son were physically present when Chad Read met with Christina Read at Kyle Carruth’s residence at 2100 90th St, Lubbock, Texas. We were there to pick up Chad’s youngest son. Chad was supposed to have custody of the child beginning at 3:15pm, but Christina stated that, she “wanted to see him” as her excuse to why she had not produced the child as ordered by the court at the time required.

“I believe that Christina Read and Kyle Carruth engaged in a conspiracy to assault and/or murder Chad that day.

“The entire interaction took place outside of the residence. While Chad was inquiring about the location of the youngest son, Kyle Carruth went inside the residence. At the moment Kyle Carruth turned to go inside, Christina Read took several steps back away from the door and immediately began recording what I believe to be video with her phone.

“As Chad was declaring that he was preparing to issue subpoenas to bring everyone into Court and expose the affair, Kyle Carruth emerged from the residence. When he emerged from the residence, he had a new sense of self-confidence brandishing a black rifle in a menacing manner and screaming. Chad had not threatened any force, or used any force, against Kyle or Christina that would justify Kyle pulling a firearm on Chad. During this entire interaction, Chad Read was completely unarmed.

ADVERTISEMENT

“Kyle Carruth then pointed the firearm at Chad’s feet as Chad was slowly walking over to where Kyle was and while they exchanged words. Kyle Carruth then put the firearm to Chad’s side but with the muzzle beyond Chad’s back. The barrel of Kyle Carruth’s firearm was wildly pointing in multiple directions, including at me and at Christina Read while he was bumping chests with Chad and while he was pushing Chad with his chest.

“Kyle Carruth then took a step backwards and fired a single shot at Chad’s feet. Kyle didn’t maintain the barrel at Chad, but instead stood back defiantly with the firearm pointed at the ground off to the side. After being fired upon by Kyle Carruth, Chad attempted to defend himself by keeping the barrel of the firearm from being pointed at him. Kyle Carruth then ran away several steps from Chad, spun around, raised the rifle, and fired two shots into Chad Read.

“Immediately after shooting Chad, Kyle Carruth stood over Chad Read’s dying body and wagged his finger at me and said, “I told all of y’all to leave.” He didn’t say that Chad posed a threat to Christina or any other person. He didn’t attempt to render any aid to Chad, he didn’t maintain the barrel at Chad as though he thought Chad was a threat to him.

“I recorded the shooting on my cell phone. During this entire incident, I didn’t realize that Kyle Carruth was holding and brandishing an actual firearm. At that time, I thought that it was some type of stun-gun or paintball gun. Even when Kyle Carruth fired the shots, the sound was very muffled and not as loud as I now firearms to be. It wasn’t until I got to Chad on the ground that I realized that he had in fact been shot and that the weapon held by Kyle Carruth was a firearm.

ADVERTISEMENT

“During the assault and murder, Christina Read was calm and didn’t act surprised. She acted as though she knew what the plan was all along. She took no steps to stop Kyle Carruth from murdering Chad. following the assault and murder, Christina Read continued to remain calm, she didn’t react, and she continued to record Chad as he laid there dying. Christina read did not take any steps to render aid to Chad.

“On Monday following the murder, Judge Ann-Marie Carruth the then wife of Kyle Carruth filed an affidavit in their divorce proceedings stating that, “[her] husband, William Kyle Carruth, is under investigation for the shooting and killing of his girlfriend’s children’s father after he attempted to pick up his children...” She also stated in that affidavit that she was, “very concerned about [Kyle Carruth’s] mental state.” I learned this information from an article posted in the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal on November 19, 2021.

“Despite Kyle Carruth’s murder of Chad Read, and his mental state, Christina Read has continued to permit Kyle Carruth to be a part of these children’s lives. Christina Read continues to maintain a relationship with Kyle Carruth. Christina Read has continued to permit Kyle Carruth to have unsupervised possession of the youngest child from Lubbock County without supervision, and they are presently in DeLeon, Texas over 3.5 hours away.

“The children are aware that Kyle Carruth shot and killed their father in front of their mother, step-brother, and myself. Christina’s decision to allow either of these children to be in Kyle Carruth’s presence has caused, and continues to cause, significant impairment of their emotional well-being. The oldest child has expressed to me that he blames his mother for the shooting, and that he will run away from home if he sees Kyle there again.

ADVERTISEMENT

“It is my belief that Kyle Carruth and Christina Read intend to get married as soon as possible, and will likely move in together. I observed the divorce hearing between Kyle Carruth and Judge Anne-Marie Carruth. During that hearing, Kyle Carruth’s concern over the “waiting period” for remarriage when instructed by the Judge. Kyle Carruth’s concern over the ability to remarry quickly causes me to fear that he will have unfettered access to the children of the man he murdered.

“It is in the best interest of the children to be removed from Christina Read, and that her contact with the children be denied or at least restricted. [A child involved] is over the age of 12, and will confer in chambers with the Court to express his desire to reside with me.

“Chad Read and I lived together since November 2020. During that time, the children resided with us off and on over the year, which was greater than six months. While the children were with us, I had actual care, control, and possession of the children. Even prior to us moving in together, I had substantial contact with the children as Chad and I had been dating since April 2020.”

The shooter and the ex wife definitely instigated this. 

Motive. Prosecution love a good motive, and there's a massive one right there.

Be interesting to see how this one plays out in court.

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

The bit from Em City's post from the deceased's widow.

Chad Read was attempting to pick one of the children from Christina Read for his court ordered period of possession.

Right. Where’s the bit that says he had a right to be on the property?   He doesn’t need to be on the property to pick the kid up, he has no right to be on the property, he knows the kid isn’t there FFS. He’s told about half a doesn’t times, in the strongest terms, to leave.  

And her account of the entire proceedings is bollocks.  

3 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Right. Where’s the bit that says he had a right to be on the property?   He doesn’t need to be on the property to pick the kid up, he has no right to be on the property, he knows the kid isn’t there FFS. He’s told about half a doesn’t times, in the strongest terms, to leave.  

And her account of the entire proceedings is bollocks.  

He has a legitimate reason to be there. His wife was 45 minutes late producing the child/ren.

You can't just kill people because they are on your property, otherwise you'd be able to take potshots at postmen.

Just now, Pureblood said:

I agree with rico. 

3 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

He has a legitimate reason to be there. His wife was 45 minutes late producing the child/ren.

You can't just kill people because they are on your property, otherwise you'd be able to take potshots at postmen.

We’ve done this already. He has no right to be on the property.  The kid isn’t there, he tells us that. 

He was killed after he grabbed a gun. Something you were on board with earlier in the week.  

10 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

He’s not in any danger? The bloke just tried to take his gun.  Just because he managed to get away the danger was still there.  

Mate he went and got a gun. That’s psycho behaviour. Chin the cunt if you’re that arsed don’t go and give the guy a chance to wrestle a rifle off you and shoot you. He should be jailed. 

2 hours ago, M_B said:

He hasn't even been arrested yet.

God Bless America 

5 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Mate he went and got a gun. That’s psycho behaviour. Chin the cunt if you’re that arsed don’t go and give the guy a chance to wrestle a rifle off you and shoot you. He should be jailed. 

God Bless America 

The psycho behaviour was the bloke who was shot.  

1) he’s told to leave numerous times

2) he doesn’t leave when the gun comes

out

3) he steps towards the guy with the gun

4) he tells him he’s going to take the gun and shoot him

5) he ignores the warning shot 

6) he tries to take the gun

Whether you agree with public ownership of guns is immaterial. They can own them, they can open carry in Texas so him going to get a gun is nothing.   Assume everyone has one and is willing to use it. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

out

Whether you agree with public ownership of guns is immaterial. They can own them, they can open carry in Texas so him going to get a gun is nothing.   Assume everyone has one and is willing to use it. 

Come on Rico 

5 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

out

Plus we don’t know what the build up to that scenario was. How long it had been going on for? What shit had been going on etc, etc. 

6 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Plus we don’t know what the build up to that scenario was. How long it had been going on for? What shit had been going on etc, etc. 

I know it's America and its slightly different rules over there, however, I think whatever the answer to those questions is, that the answer still wouldn't be to get a gun and shoot an unarmed man.

Perhaps go in and ring the police instead of getting a gun?