You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Racism in Southern America..

Stouffer

10 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

I have difficulty watching that without struggling to breathe.

This is going to sound really wild but I have a personal experience that is very, very close to that (apart from the ending, obviously). I had almost forgotten about it but seeing the video on this thread has reminded me of it.

A few years ago, my family and I were traveling around the US together while I did some fundraising for the community development work I did in Siberia. We were driving to the West Coast and stopped at some small motel in South Dakota to spend the night in the middle of a long drive.

My wife and kids decided to go down to the pool to swim. I stayed in the room, planning to join them later. About 30 minutes later I walked out into the hallway to a wall, and I mean a WALL of machine guns. It looked almost exactly like that scenario in the video, only I was the guy on the other end coming down the hall. Cops shouted at me "what are you doing here? Who are you?" I panicked but managed not to look threatening, and thankfully none of them were trigger happy.

I showed my ID, explained that I was a guest in the hotel, and they told me "they said this floor had been cleared." That was the only explanation I was offered. Later we asked the hotel clerk what was going on and he said that the police had a tip that there was a drug handoff happening on that floor that night, so they staked it out. He apologised, said that they had meant to give us a room on another floor but due to a clerical error we were put on the floor that the police were going to stake out.

I wonder how close I came to dying that night. All it would have taken was for one nervous officer to open up and it would have gone down exactly like it does in that video. I am half-Hispanic, but I look white and I think there's a good chance it would have been different if that weren't true.

Christ mate, I hope they had a decent laundry service. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

I have difficulty watching that without struggling to breathe.

This is going to sound really wild but I have a personal experience that is very, very close to that (apart from the ending, obviously). I had almost forgotten about it but seeing the video on this thread has reminded me of it.

A few years ago, my family and I were traveling around the US together while I did some fundraising for the community development work I did in Siberia. We were driving to the West Coast and stopped at some small motel in South Dakota to spend the night in the middle of a long drive.

My wife and kids decided to go down to the pool to swim. I stayed in the room, planning to join them later. About 30 minutes later I walked out into the hallway to a wall, and I mean a WALL of machine guns. It looked almost exactly like that scenario in the video, only I was the guy on the other end coming down the hall. Cops shouted at me "what are you doing here? Who are you?" I panicked but managed not to look threatening, and thankfully none of them were trigger happy.

I showed my ID, explained that I was a guest in the hotel, and they told me "they said this floor had been cleared." That was the only explanation I was offered. Later we asked the hotel clerk what was going on and he said that the police had a tip that there was a drug handoff happening on that floor that night, so they staked it out. He apologised, said that they had meant to give us a room on another floor but due to a clerical error we were put on the floor that the police were going to stake out.

I wonder how close I came to dying that night. All it would have taken was for one nervous officer to open up and it would have gone down exactly like it does in that video. I am half-Hispanic, but I look white and I think there's a good chance it would have been different if that weren't true.

We didnt you just steam into em,?

12 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

It all comes back to guns. Always the guns. I can’t imagine people going to work every day being worried about getting shot, but at the same time thinking the second amendment is a good idea. 

Not just guns. Dont forget the rappers. They kill people.

11 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

A few years ago, my family and I were traveling around the US together while I did some fundraising for the community development work I did in Siberia.

* taps nose 

* sits on park bench and awaits further instructions 

16 minutes ago, Captain Milk said:

Fucking hell, Ne Moe is Keyser Söze.

The limp probably threw them off.

I bet he’s responsible for everything bad that’s happened on here. The mastermind behind it all. Dennis Tooth, Grinch, Stig. It’s all him. 

D01879D8-BA46-472C-B51F-DF1DFBF34177.jpeg

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I bet he’s responsible for everything bad that’s happened on here. The mastermind behind it all. Dennis Tooth, Grinch, Stig. It’s all him. 

D01879D8-BA46-472C-B51F-DF1DFBF34177.jpeg

Completely out of order on Dennis Tooth that 

• Upvote 2

Memorial guy is in court. He's a 28 year old and his name and photo are in the media now too, so I guess he'll have to fear for his safety for fuck knows how long now that half of the country is in lynch mob mode, and he said he didn't even notice the memorial.

edit : 2 weeks in prison because the "public is upset." Fucking pathetic.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Red Phoenix said:

Memorial guy is in court. He's a 28 year old and his name and photo are in the media now too, so I guess he'll have to fear for his safety for fuck knows how long now that half of the country is in lynch mob mode, and he said he didn't even notice the memorial.

edit : 2 weeks in prison because the "public is upset." Fucking pathetic.

You haven't yet notice that that is basically how a tory government runs a country? They often cause the outrage in the first place too but are masters of deflection.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

You haven't yet notice that that is basically how a tory government runs a country? They often cause the outrage in the first place too but are masters of deflection.

Yep, I'm not immune to getting wound up at stupid things like this though. If he was down there with the right wingers surely he was a twat but will hope he gets through his 2 weeks of outrage imprisonment safely (if he really does have mental health issues it's probably not going to be easy for him, he'd never even had a police caution before according to the reporter I quoted) and comes out less of an idiot than he was before all of this happened.

6 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

Going to jail for peeing in public?

That is ridiculous.

It’s more for getting your willy out in public. Let that be a lesson to you all when you’re in town, pissed and in need of a slash.